Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
csingeu

Our Lil Paradise

the one with bb is sleek? :P

hahaha ... bingo!

You come to my blog later to see the 'family' picture of our group gathering ok?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yep, the carpentry on the staircase is very poor. The points would be more or less invisible. I will take a couple of pictures of mine which I hate but at least the joints are done well ;)

I see you have the same feature times as ours ;). They should be pretty easy to maintain. If they are only in the shower then a quick spray once a week will probably do. Getting the plaster etc off after the reno is complete is another matter :D.

RB

Heyo bro,

Glad to see the updates! Things are shaping up well!

Sent u pm about window and grille security, scared the sh*t out of me when I could just push the corridor windows and grilles open if I knew the correct angles. @.@

Thanks Sis Mae29 for the updates :good:

Bro CS ur house reno looking good..our gate the same hor.. ;)

As for the lights, for myself I prefer daylight. Like some of the forummers, warm light usually give me a big headache :bangwall: but hey, as long you find it comfortable with your eyesight, then just give it a go, if not you can change it anytime :P

hahaha ... bingo!

You come to my blog later to see the 'family' picture of our group gathering ok?

i saw!

shall go post who i know in there. :P

Heyo bro,

Glad to see the updates! Things are shaping up well!

Sent u pm about window and grille security, scared the sh*t out of me when I could just push the corridor windows and grilles open if I knew the correct angles. @.@

Hi Soichiro, can I know about it too? TIA

Hi Soichiro, can I know about it too? TIA

Alamak. I might as well post here. :P

Basically many sliding windows and grilles are prone to this. Even when the windows and grilles are locked, there is a little bit of possible movement. Exert a little bit of strength in the right direction, and the windows and grilles can be opened in less than 5 seconds for someone used to doing it. I saw it done on my new windows and grilles. %$*#%$^% so much for protection against theft. Some people are aware of this, and slot wood pieces in the gaps to prevent the windows from moving. Cheap and possible solution but ugly and not a permanent one.

Anyway, there are some guys going around doing this demo... and offer to install locks against this glaring security flaw. Not sure if anyone encountered them before. So for those with EMs... almost certain that it is a corridor unit and must check ALL the windows facing the corridor.

Sharing here what can be done to simply secure the windows along corridor:

15xj_ce4_uc4it.jpg

My children's previous EM at Bukit Batok, their late father simply use this method of inserting a wooden rod inside the track.

My friends' homes in Malaysia, they are also using the same method for their sliding grilles.

Alamak. I might as well post here. :P

Basically many sliding windows and grilles are prone to this. Even when the windows and grilles are locked, there is a little bit of possible movement. Exert a little bit of strength in the right direction, and the windows and grilles can be opened in less than 5 seconds for someone used to doing it. I saw it done on my new windows and grilles. %$*#%$^% so much for protection against theft. Some people are aware of this, and slot wood pieces in the gaps to prevent the windows from moving. Cheap and possible solution but ugly and not a permanent one.

Anyway, there are some guys going around doing this demo... and offer to install locks against this glaring security flaw. Not sure if anyone encountered them before. So for those with EMs... almost certain that it is a corridor unit and must check ALL the windows facing the corridor.

Sharing here what can be done to simply secure the windows along corridor:

Hmm, what sort of windows are affected. Sliding windows can possibly be pulled off the track but we have an edging strip which would have to be removed first. Our sliding windows also lock together on the inside with the circular locks.

The grills with pin locks can be forced if there is enough movement available and you have sufficient force (ie. a crowbar).

Considering the construction of the HDB alu windows, you could probably get through them pretty fast if you wanted too, just depends on how much damage you want to commit, how much noise you are willing to make and how fast you need to be. The security is in the grills and to be sure you really should have wrought iron on the corridor facing side with a decent lock rather than the cheap pin locks.

To stop sliding windows you could use a door hook between the window frame panel and the wall and make sure the edging strip on the outside is high enough to prevent the windows being lifted and cannot be easily removed.

Without seeing the technique though it is hard to suggest ways to defend against it. If someone wants to PM me the details then I may be able to offer better suggestions.

RB

I've edited. It should work now.

Ahh yes it is working now. We had those on our old windows and they were very effective.

RB

My most concern is the floors are not protected with corrugated boards at ALL!! :furious:

I was worried that they may be scratches as works are still going on....with workers seen carrying & moving things around. I thought it should be a practice to lay protection once the floorings are done?

Shld be like this. If they scratch they can replace the tiles.

wah sis Mae you really helped csingeu to upload photos... well done~ :lol:

the floor looks good! :) but i can see why our bro here is unhappy about the workmanship of the staircase railings....

the sliding windows part sounds so dangerous~ :o hmmm i'm still trying to visualise how to take the window panes out... but i guess it's something like the reverse of how they slot the window panes into the track during installation? hmmmm.... :unsure: