Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

Jurong Residents, Gather Here~!

hi guys, im also in jurong. except im @ jurong point area (maybe its considered boon lay). I also like the BKT @ 347. preferred the 1 with white soup compared to the black 1. black 1 is facing the wet market and white 1 is facing the hdb void deck shops.

nice food @ 505 include fish soup (with belachan chilli) long que during lunch time prepare to wait arnd 30 mins. chicken rice (facing wet market)

496 have decent bbq fish and hand made noodles

493 have nice kway chap (expensive tho) and chai tao kway.

497 have decent vegetarian food stall

Edited by wolflet

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hw come this area dun have good char kway teow and hokkien prawn mee?

last thur suddenly gt craving for char kway teow for dinner bt cant find. :(

hw come this area dun have good char kway teow and hokkien prawn mee?

last thur suddenly gt craving for char kway teow for dinner bt cant find. :(

Talk abt char kway teow, I'm feeling hungry now.

Last time, there's a char kway teow stall at 505 market.

I used to eat it quite often when I was still schooling...

Then now it's gone le... don't know go to where...

I can't remember whether there's other char kway teow stall ard now...

There used to be a nice hokkien prawn mee... which I like that texture and "wetness"... but now also no more...

been eating mostly (chicken with porridge + you tiao) or kway chap for a lot of weekends, so the past weekends, we tried the yong tou fu stall (facing the POSB ATM)... not too bad... :)

Yes. The chicken rice (facing wet market) is really very packed. (though i think i didn't buy from it before, coz always long queue - i hate waiting)... last weekend, i was checking out some renovators (my mum helped me ask for some quotes earlier in the week) for quotations along the shops after the wet market towards the former town council building, I saw a long queue there too... :P

anyway, don't think i'm getting any of the renovators downstairs. There's a few (Hwa Li, AP Logic, LCT)... some of them... the quotes were like $35K. a bit too low... i scared a lot of hidden costs. :(

thanks for the lobang :D however i juz told wifey to go the market below>make no sense to travel far for cents when theres a market juz below..but i must say 492 and 505 market is very lively :) As for jurong lake story i hope it will help to push up our value and also shed the industrial thingy which always linked to jurong

hi guys, im also in jurong. except im @ jurong point area (maybe its considered boon lay). I also like the BKT @ 347. preferred the 1 with white soup compared to the black 1. black 1 is facing the wet market and white 1 is facing the hdb void deck shops.

nice food @ 505 include fish soup (with belachan chilli) long que during lunch time prepare to wait arnd 30 mins. chicken rice (facing wet market)

496 have decent bbq fish and hand made noodles

493 have nice kway chap (expensive tho) and chai tao kway.

497 have decent vegetarian food stall

boon lay considered Jurong West so still Jurong mah~ hahaha :lol:

Talk abt char kway teow, I'm feeling hungry now.

Last time, there's a char kway teow stall at 505 market.

I used to eat it quite often when I was still schooling...

Then now it's gone le... don't know go to where...

I can't remember whether there's other char kway teow stall ard now...

There used to be a nice hokkien prawn mee... which I like that texture and "wetness"... but now also no more...

anyway, don't think i'm getting any of the renovators downstairs. There's a few (Hwa Li, AP Logic, LCT)... some of them... the quotes were like $35K. a bit too low... i scared a lot of hidden costs. :(

i heard from my colleague that a lot of good food stalls were gone after they renovated the food centre...

btw, i heard that this ID called Decormark near the St 31 market is not bad. Not sure about their quote though... and the zi char restaurant next to it is quite good de... haha :P

thanks for the lobang :D however i juz told wifey to go the market below>make no sense to travel far for cents when theres a market juz below..but i must say 492 and 505 market is very lively :) As for jurong lake story i hope it will help to push up our value and also shed the industrial thingy which always linked to jurong

it's true... time is also $$. sometimes i just go JE NTUC after work.... not much chance to go wet market if you're working...

can't really shed the industrial thing maybe... given that one of the attractions is Science Centre :lol:

for char kway teow. can try jurong west blk 964 or bukit batok 155

for fried hokkien mee, try jurong west blk 959 or bukit batok 155

there are 2 coffeeshops back to back in 155. its @ the 1 nearer to the market facing the 15+ area. not the 1 facing the 16+ area

If u guys wanna try restaurant zi char at non-restaurant prices, can check out Kimly Live Seafood at Tradehub21. Be prepared to wait during peak period though.

for char kway teow. can try jurong west blk 964 or bukit batok 155

for fried hokkien mee, try jurong west blk 959 or bukit batok 155

there are 2 coffeeshops back to back in 155. its @ the 1 nearer to the market facing the 15+ area. not the 1 facing the 16+ area

reading all these is making me very hungry.... :(

the zi char stall i mentioned near the St 31 market is called Kai Xiang, always full of pple during dinner time.... for weekends sometimes gotta wait for more than 1.5 hour~ zz

anyone knows any place with good pig organ's soup?

u mean in jurong area?

if not there is this stall at Holland Drive Blk44 market, the unit/signboard i think is 02-04.

if anyone who lives in Jurong for LONG time u should know there is this famous stall at 501 years back selling prawn mee, laksa and pig organ soup beside the prata stall... they moved to Holland Drive and i only managed to found out recently cos my office moved to that area and i had lunch at the market and realised they moved there...

taste still the same like before.. nice...

u mean in jurong area?

if not there is this stall at Holland Drive Blk44 market, the unit/signboard i think is 02-04.

if anyone who lives in Jurong for LONG time u should know there is this famous stall at 501 years back selling prawn mee, laksa and pig organ soup beside the prata stall... they moved to Holland Drive and i only managed to found out recently cos my office moved to that area and i had lunch at the market and realised they moved there...

at first glance i thought the stall was there since 501 years back.... surely have to stay a long time to know it hahahahahaha :lol:

Holland Blk 44's market? shall ask my hubby to try cos he works around that area... hee hee :)

u mean in jurong area?

is the boss a young-looking Chinese guy? 1st stall on the left-hand side? right next to the zi-char stall?

I am reporting here too, Jurong West resident.

I agree with wolflet, the jurong west blk 959 fried hokkien mee is nice..

didn't know you're from Jurong too~ welcome! :)

is the boss a young-looking Chinese guy? 1st stall on the left-hand side? right next to the zi-char stall?

wah bro you seem to know this market very well! :lol:

wah bro you seem to know this market very well! :lol:

cos i used to stay near there. Commonwealth actually. but i usually buy my dinner frm this coffeeshop on the way home. they renovated the place some time back and he moved stalls. last time, his stall was more towards the centre.

he also took over another stall at the coffeeshop at the other end of the block, nearer to the 4D/Toto ticketing booth. that stall mostly manned by his female partner. dunno whether his wife or not.