Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
idealistic

Unforgettable ~~

That's why ppl says, pay peanuts, you get monkeys. I rather have it done nicely and on time than cheap and lots of problems especially I plan to stay long in this flat.

It's all based on how much u can trust your ID to make everything easy for u. Of course I think still need to go see as often as possible.

Well i think most people will agree with your statement but the problem in Singapore is that even if you are willing to pay, you may not have things done on time or nicely.....

So it all boils down to luck that you get the right ID to do the job... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Well i think most people will agree with your statement but the problem in Singapore is that even if you are willing to pay, you may not have things done on time or nicely.....

So it all boils down to luck that you get the right ID to do the job... :)

I totally agree with you! it's really like lottery... heng-suay one... :(

I totally agree with you! it's really like lottery... heng-suay one... :(

I heng two times... haha... bcoz i used the same ID for my previous and current house. But the 2nd time not so heng, bcoz the contractor provided lousy worker to do my carpentry work, but heng at the end my ID asked to change the worker and replaced all the lousy carpentry work. Slightly delay the schedule, but at least the end result is good. Heng ah... ^_^

That's why ppl says, pay peanuts, you get monkeys. I rather have it done nicely and on time than cheap and lots of problems especially I plan to stay long in this flat.

It's all based on how much u can trust your ID to make everything easy for u. Of course I think still need to go see as often as possible.

I would say they are not the cheapest nor the most expensive, somewhat average.

Just that i did not expect them to withdraw the 5% discount for some additional items when we see the variation report in the midst of the reno. The 5% is on grand total, ie the final cost. In fact, the 5% on those items are not much. Feel really unjust on this --- that he dishonours the contract terms.

It is beneficial for owner to monitor the progress closely no matter how much you trust your id. They are not only managing your project and you know the best what you want. Error spoted can then be rectified within the shortest time frame.

10k is quite a lot leh!!!

They quoted me at 13K less than others.

Quite a significant sum. 2-3 K difference and I can explore further. Double digit and I'm wary.

Quite a significant sum. 2-3 K difference and I can explore further. Double digit and I'm wary.

cool, that's alot. It also depends on which company you are comparing with. Big players definitely charges more.

I have even greater difference than yours if i were to compare with those of higher range.

For mine, there are cheaper quotes if i compare with the rest (and is not only 1 or 2 quotations).

But still........ encounter number of issues along the reno process.

How glad that it is ending soon... Counting Down!

too cheap also we are wary, too expensive also cannot..... so difficult.... i am having this headache too :(

too cheap also we are wary, too expensive also cannot..... so difficult.... i am having this headache too :(

LOL... yeah!

I just got another quote last weekend (from neighbourhood renovators downstairs)... $35K!!

It's like half of what the other IDs are quoting me... a bit scary ah?

:unsure:

LOL... yeah!

I just got another quote last weekend (from neighbourhood renovators downstairs)... $35K!!

It's like half of what the other IDs are quoting me... a bit scary ah?

:unsure:

What??!!? Only 35k?? Sure??

What??!!? Only 35k?? Sure??

Dun believe?

See attached quotation from H** L*. (sensitive info cropped)

hwa_li_quotation.jpg

Btw, the requirements was anyhow ham-tam by my mum.

Her strategy was to ask for the sky at impossible budget ($35K).

I didn't really look thru the whole quotation, but I feel some things are missing... :unsure:

Dun believe?

See attached quotation from H** L*. (sensitive info cropped)

hwa_li_quotation.jpg

Btw, the requirements was anyhow ham-tam by my mum.

Her strategy was to ask for the sky at impossible budget ($35K).

I didn't really look thru the whole quotation, but I feel some things are missing... :unsure:

Not much hacking... For 35k is ok lah. Competitive!

Have no time to upload any pictures yet :P <Be patient and stay tune>

Current update: Carpentry yet to be completed. (id ensured will be up before cny)

Before going into details, a quick list of stages where issues are encountered:

- hacking

- disposal

- tiling

- removal of 5% discount on grand total (as mentioned)

- plastering

- rewiring

- ceiling works

- painting

- glass works

- carpentry

Practically every phases, hope will serves as a heads up for all doing reno

Have no time to upload any pictures yet :P <Be patient and stay tune>

Current update: Carpentry yet to be completed. (id ensured will be up before cny)

Before going into details, a quick list of stages where issues are encountered:

- hacking

- disposal

- tiling

- removal of 5% discount on grand total (as mentioned)

- plastering

- rewiring

- ceiling works

- painting

- glass works

- carpentry

Practically every phases, hope will serves as a heads up for all doing reno

yes, that is like almost every stage in the reno you are having issues. but that is normal isn't it? the thing is whether its big issue or small issue.

yes, that is like almost every stage in the reno you are having issues. but that is normal isn't it? the thing is whether its big issue or small issue.

Ha! of course, reno is never perfect, unless one is really very bo chap and chim chye

Having to deal with id who is very good in roti prata is a different story