Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
idealistic

Unforgettable ~~

Continue with update again!

5618845737_cbc79d80e6.jpg

The 2 slots are supposed to be door cabinet. And is actually meant for storing LPG cylinder.

Have checked with the contractor beforehand if cylinder can fit in the cabinet and he said no problem. In the end, when the workers are doing the carpentry, he only realised that it is too small! So last min, we have to reconfigure the layout. Can't imagine that!

We relocate the cabinet for cylinder and change it to 2 drawers instead. It's very narrow, so guess can only store bottles of sauces. The carpenters have to redo the laminate too since it is changed to drawers.

On the other side, there is a row of 3 drawers and somehow or rather, they made 2 drawers instead. Again, have to rectify. The contractor always say, they based on the picture. And yes, follow the picture will still go wrong?? Don't understand.

Edited by idealistic

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bro, this ID is indeed inexperience! Has he ever seen a LPG cycliner before? He thought the gas is like those 1L bottle type use for steamboat? 8|

The 2 slots are supposed to be door cabinet. And is actually meant for storing LPG cylinder.

Have checked with the contractor beforehand if cylinder can fit in the cabinet and he said no problem. In the end, when the workers are doing the carpentry, he only realised that it is too small! So last min, we have to reconfigure the layout. Can't imagine that!

We relocate the cabinet for cylinder and change it to 2 drawers instead. It's very narrow, so guess can only store bottles of sauces. The carpenters have to redo the laminate too since it is changed to drawers.

On the other side, there is a row of 3 drawers and somehow or rather, they made 2 drawers instead. Again, have to rectify. The contractor always say, they based on the picture. And yes, follow the picture will still go wrong?? Don't understand.

i feel for you, bro...

it's quite obvious that this narrow cabinet won't be able to fit in an LPG cylinder. how can they still insist that it's possible? don't they have dimensions on the drawings? :bangwall:

I feel for you bro after reading your T-blog....hang on and may u strike toto or 4D.....huat ah. :yamseng:

No problem, I will PM you the contact for electrician and costing

Definitely is to engage a well-qualified electrician with LEW licence and with company registered. And of cos, price plays a part to us. From the research we obtain, the prices do vary alot. In fact, not too sure if it is a must to do rewiring. But since it is unknown if the previous owners have done any rewiring throughout the 26 years, it is recommended that we change everything.

Outsourcing electrical work do not hinder any process at all. There is a flow in all reno. Your contractor has to do the coordination. Rewiring has to be completed before ceiling work starts for sure. That means your electrician has to follow your reno progress and the rest like markings etc, both electrician and contractor have to work hand-in-hand. As long as your contractor does not make things difficult for you, all can be done smoothly.

We all know that contractor earns commission for using their own electrician. As his quote to us is too much higher comparing to the rest we got, we have no choice but to drop his electrician. And blah blah blah, he rattled on should anything related to rewiring happens after the ceiling work is up, we have to bear the cost etc etc and we have to sign a letter.

Top-up /plastering and all unpleasant experience which you have read too, i shall not repeat here. I believe no reno is completed without top-up. If the top-up is due to request of owner for addition of some features, then it's ok. But what happened in ours is really too much Just glad that everything is over and we can have our peace back. Price paid for all lessons learnt indeed for our first house reno. Dispute still arise despite our research. It's really out of expectation and beyond our control. Have read so many tblogs that contractor absorb the cost if the error is borned by them. We are just not that lucky to meet one.

Hi Idealistic,

I can understand your situation. I have shortlisted one contractor to do up my place soon but the electrical quotes a bit higher. Thinking to nego but again if the price still no change, I have to outsource due to budget constraint. The only thing worry me most is when something happen, not sure whether they will point to each other....touch wood!!!....

If you have read may_dream's latest post, she has commented that the price quoted by her main con is higher by 1k!!!!! compared to latest electrician that she gonna use to do up her place. Sighs....lets cross our fingers!!!

Emobebe

Frankly speaking, I don't know what to say. If follow drawings still will goes wrong means there is something wrong with your contractor. I will have my gas cylinder there too so I think I will take note of this.

I hope you are okay...don't be too upset or angry...not good for your health. Look at optimistic side that your reno will end soon....

Cheers Up!!!! Emobebe

wow! have indeed been enriched by reading through your experience. thanks for sharing.

planning to look for an ID to help. but guess that really requires much work and effort now. got lots more to learn.

I feel for you bro after reading your T-blog....hang on and may u strike toto or 4D.....huat ah. :yamseng:

Frankly speaking, I don't know what to say. If follow drawings still will goes wrong means there is something wrong with your contractor. I will have my gas cylinder there too so I think I will take note of this.

I hope you are okay...don't be too upset or angry...not good for your health. Look at optimistic side that your reno will end soon....

Cheers Up!!!! Emobebe

waha ya, we tahan, endure ..(whatever word you can describe it).. and tide over the reno last month (started since nov 2010!). :dancingqueen:

Emobebe! this is a recap of what has happened throughout our reno. We hold till reno almost ended when this blog started. Had wanted to put in good words and give them chance, but can't seems to find!

No worries! We are very perfectly fine ! :sport-smiley-018:

Seems like our referral or further business are of no matter to them or maybe they thought we will just swallow in our stomach.

These are nothing when compare to a big issue for our feature wall. Remember this sentence "we follow the picture" ~~~~ will update soon on what happened

Reno stages continues:

Here is our Walk-In-Wardrobe. Another "outsourced" item, ie not done by our contractor. Their quote is always by per foot run. Do not match with our requirement as what we need is hanging bar and hanging bar does not cost that high compared to drawers.

Did not do much research on pole system. Selected a reputable company with reasonable pricing.

5558988938_8c7fe9c30b.jpg

5558408069_9b99a9711e.jpg

Hi Idealistic,

Let's not dwell on the -ve's (sob,sob) ,I would have gone crazy .. :disturb:

By the way.. ur WIW looks pretty minimalistic & nice ..care to share the contractor & price..

Good to hear that the customer service is not bad either after accidental straches on your parquet ...

OMG! OMG! idealistic! Yur ID/Contractor is totally incorrigible leh!!! :no: The never ending and never informed beforehand top-ups were all so unreasonable!!! And how can he dare to ask you for the top-up for the TV console when his carpentry work is not reflecting the 3D? Shouldn't the end product of the reno/carpentry work be the same or at least 90% close to the 3Ds?!! And the diff tone in flooring after so much assurance...and the amateur plastering and painting job...etc etc etc...and now the cabinet!! And still can give you 1001 excuses!!! OMG! I feel so angry for you lor! :angry2:

And you are SUPER nice and amicable lor...saint ah... :bow: If it's me I would be **** pissed :furious: and would definitely :curse: and 8| and :fire: at him and :argue: with him !!!

I seriously hope I won't get such a "beyond words can described" ID/Contract for my new home :unsure:

waha ya, we tahan, endure ..(whatever word you can describe it).. and tide over the reno last month (started since nov 2010!). :dancingqueen:

Emobebe! this is a recap of what has happened throughout our reno. We hold till reno almost ended when this blog started. Had wanted to put in good words and give them chance, but can't seems to find!

No worries! We are very perfectly fine ! :sport-smiley-018:

Seems like our referral or further business are of no matter to them or maybe they thought we will just swallow in our stomach.

These are nothing when compare to a big issue for our feature wall. Remember this sentence "we follow the picture" ~~~~ will update soon on what happened

Hi Idealistic, I feel for u and you are indeed a very gracious man! No words can describe the pain and anger throughout your reno journey and I wonder if I'm able to remain composure & levelheaded if I were u. Since it's already over, just enjoy your stay at your new hse and make it a cosy place. :D

Hi Idealistic,

Let's not dwell on the -ve's (sob,sob) ,I would have gone crazy .. :disturb:

By the way.. ur WIW looks pretty minimalistic & nice ..care to share the contractor & price..

Good to hear that the customer service is not bad either after accidental straches on your parquet ...

Pm!

Hi idealistic,

After reading your t-blog I feel even more nervous for my house reno :o

But just dropping by to say, your attitude is really to be commended! and that I'm learning lots from your progress...

Really liking your WIW btw! think will also do this for my husband's closet. :)

Back to update after missing for some time :sport-smiley-004:

Let's see the picture of the completed kitchen first despite all the issues

5661222295_4edfc517dc.jpg

Look spacious after wall hacking. Will take some effort to maintain :sport-smiley-018: