Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maximus

Creating Our Home ...

It should be different. S&C Furniture is a neighbourhood shop. Lower overheads and I suppose that's why they are relatively cheap. I bought a SSingle slumberland bed with single pull out last month for $800. Came with free delivery and 2 pillows.

Thanks Jcase - I will definitely give them a look. Can you be a little more specific about their location? I will try googling for them anywayz.

Hi Maximus,

thanks for the super quick reply. That is quite an impressive piece of equipment. Have you seen it anywhere available in S'Pore as the site to which you refer is in Malaysia right?

Cheers

RMG

Hi RMG - I just googled for it to give you the site address. You can get them in Singapore too - i believe Courts (Tampines) or Harvey Norman (Millenia Walk) or both carry ElectroLux models. Of course find out if you like the model and then get quotes from Goh Ah Bee (Hougang), EverJoint (AMK) or Kong Tai (Jurong).

Cheers

Maximus

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks Jcase - I will definitely give them a look. Can you be a little more specific about their location? I will try googling for them anywayz.

Hi RMG - I just googled for it to give you the site address. You can get them in Singapore too - i believe Courts (Tampines) or Harvey Norman (Millenia Walk) or both carry ElectroLux models. Of course find out if you like the model and then get quotes from Goh Ah Bee (Hougang), EverJoint (AMK) or Kong Tai (Jurong).

Cheers

Maximus

Hi Maximus,

thanks so much for the very useful answer, will definitely have a look as the slimline approach does appeal since it allows more kitchen storage space. Can't see much advantage in a chiminey design as anyway in an HDB can't vent to the exterior. Very interesting that such high volume hoods are available in slimline design.

Cheers

RMG

S & C Furniture Dynamic

338 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 Street 32 #01-1647, 560338, Singapore

p: 65525208 f: 65560670

http://www.snc-furniture-dynamic.ws

Hey Jcase - The website is a fake website or what? Nothing about furniture that i can see... Probably one of those websites that makes money from viewers clicking on something on that page... would recommend you dont use it if you didnt have to. :)

Hey Jcase - The website is a fake website or what? Nothing about furniture that i can see... Probably one of those websites that makes money from viewers clicking on something on that page... would recommend you dont use it if you didnt have to. :)

Ooops :jawdrop:

I never did check the webby tbh. I just know of the place as it's round the corner when I currently live. So it's easy for me to frequent. They have displays in the shop (shop house) and catalogues.

I met up with a designer who did up my fren's semi-D. Very good ideas but I neededoxygen when I received the quote. In excess of 110K excluding plumbing, electrical wiring, PE submission for hacking works etc. All in including furnishing could cost some 170K.

I'm not spending that on a 4 bedder condo. Crazy.

BTW do you know if you need a PE to submit plans if you knock of a wall or two in a condo? If so how much to engage their services? I was quoted 2K by this firm which is somewhat excessive.

Ooops :jawdrop:

I never did check the webby tbh. I just know of the place as it's round the corner when I currently live. So it's easy for me to frequent. They have displays in the shop (shop house) and catalogues.

I met up with a designer who did up my fren's semi-D. Very good ideas but I neededoxygen when I received the quote. In excess of 110K excluding plumbing, electrical wiring, PE submission for hacking works etc. All in including furnishing could cost some 170K.

I'm not spending that on a 4 bedder condo. Crazy.

BTW do you know if you need a PE to submit plans if you knock of a wall or two in a condo? If so how much to engage their services? I was quoted 2K by this firm which is somewhat excessive.

You need a PE if you hack down a wall but i thought it wasnt more than 400$ to 500$ (i got this on 2 quotes for knocking down a kitchen wall). What has been quoted to you does seem to be quite a bit on the higher side.

everyone's lifestyle and needs are very different. if you spend a lot of time infront of the TV, you should consider spending more on the sofa and tv. if you have a lot of friends coming over frequently, you should also invest in a bigger dinning table. If you cook a lot, you should invest in a bigger fridge too.

so its hard to comment on your choices...ultimately you have to think though what exactly is the kind of lifestyle you are leading and how these fit into your daily activities.

Hi Diva - Thanks for stopping by and for the usual tips too.. we already have a sofa set which we plan to move over to the new place and decided on a 4+2 dining table - all based on requirements as well as the size of the new place, so you are right on the money as far as decision-making factors go. If you can recommend any good places to shop at and/or recommend brands for any of the products on my purchase list, would be very grateful for that.

Cheers

Maximus

Things have moved significantly in the past 3 days ..

1. Collected keys from my lawyer finally day before yesterday ..

2. Went to the house immediately after with my ID, where we collectively decided on a few things that would change from the assumptions in the currently contracted quotation

3. Bought (rather paid for) a Panasonic BY601xs fridge from Everjoint AMK - delivery in the first week of April (The 3 years of extended warranty i.e. 1+2 ended on Jan 31st so i had called them on that day to tell them to reserve one for me under the extended warranty offer condition.

4. Played around with Sweet Home 3D and created a major part of the envisioned lay out for my place. Will try and upload that soon.

5. Picked tiles for the master bathroom, common bathroom and kitchen from Hafary with my ID. This is just an initial pick at this stage - if the 3D doesnt look too appealing, we can reconsider.

6. Went to Heritage on Geylang road to shortlist some sanitary fittings. Need to look around a bit to see what is the variety and price points ...

6. Currently picking laminates for the vanity cabinets in both bathrooms as well as the kitchen cabinets.

Happy New Year everyone - Gong Xi Gong Xi !! :good:

Cheers

Maximus

Added my space plan in the 2nd post. Created using Sweet Home 3D. This is a very basic one ...

Hey Max, could you sms me your ID's name and contact #?

Thanks.

Wow .. its been 3 weeks since my last post and since my renovation started. Things are going well .. so far so good .. bathrooms, tiling work has been mostly completed and kitchen tiling work has commenced. Will be finalizing laminates and wardrobe design this week, as well as paint colors for the walls.

I think the one issue that i still need to resolve is which WCs to buy and from where. I have bought most of the stuff that i need otherwise. Here is a list of outlets/retailers that i finally decided to buy stuff from. Of course, i will post pics and share greater details soon.

1. UnikHome (furniture such as bed frames, dressers, display cabinets)

2. GR Link Marketing (washbasins, heaters, kitchen sink)

3. Sian Choon (furniture such as side cabinet, dining table)

4. Home and Bathroom Living (bathroom fittings such as mixers, showerheads)

5. Everjoint (refrigerator)

6. Ikea (Wardrobe for bedroom: but yet to buy)

7. Imperial distributors (Aircons)

8. MegaDiscount (Hob / Hood / Oven):

Still to process ...

a. Lightings: Undecided

b. Ceiling fans: Undecided

Cheers

Maximus

Edited by Maximus

Man .. shopping for WCs is a tremendously arduous task. I have a Johnson Suisse in the place i am renting at now and i like it quite alright but in no place did i manage to find their models. Went to home and bathroom living today to buy a tall mixer for my master bathroom, and was looking to buy either a Grohe or Hansgrohe model as the shower fittings that i had already bought were Grohe. Found the Bauloop tall mixer which i thought was good for my bathroom but should have actually bought the Bauedge which is the same series as the shower. Hopefully can exchange tomorrow. Very helpful aunty/lady at the shop today who helped out last time too.

And when i was there, i also happened to see their range of WCs. They carry Johnson Suisse and Toto (atleast these 2 brands for sure, dont know about others). I liked a particular JS one that i saw, so bought 2 of those (1 for Common toilet, 1 for Yard toilet). And for the master, i bought a single piece Toto. I was on a really tight budget so picking JS for the 2 toilets helped free up some money for buying the Toto.

With this, i am now only left with buying the Electricals which i shall day after tomorrow. And the hob/hood/oven which i have already decided what i wanted but have to just now finalize where i am buying from.