Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hafiizh

How Small Is 92sqm?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, Bro hafiizh

My kitchen cabinets are also in White ....so your White kitchen cabinets are :good::good::good:

january >> oh that's good to know. actually I think we anyhow chose a washer based on the sales pitch. no worries about the pipe, I actually like going to hardware stores to look look see see. I wished I was more handy around the house though hahaha.

moving in by the end of the month, housewarming over the labour day weekend.

kor >> thanks, thanks. will keep you guys updated. i am anxious too!

mae29 >> it's good you have white cabinets too, you know why? because I can always find you for maintainance and cleaning tips! always lurking around your blog for tips and experiences, let me thank you here in advance :)

Yesterday the people from Besglas came to install our sliding doors between the bedroom and study. The idea is to close off the area at night before we sleep so that the aircon only needs to cool our master bedroom (2 bedrooms combined into 1) and not the study room (originally our master bedroom).

1000002222.JPG

1000002223.JPG

We budgeted for $2k++ but the final cost was just over $1.7k.

I like your flooring!!

with the sliding doors, there's no gap hor. else cold air might still escape out wor.

Does it mean that the study room has toilets, not MBR?

since study room is the original MBR?

Footprint >> you like? Wanna switch houses with mine?? Hehe your 'small' house is a mansion compared to my 92sqm....

You're right the study has attached toilet because it was the original master bedroom. Our concept is that the whole thing is one big bedroom so I was ok with it. My wife made a lot of noise tho cos she preferred the bed to stay where it should have been.

Cold air sure escape through the gaps below my sliding door but I notice my current place the doors also have gaps at the bottom. My half past six theory is that cold air is dense and heavy so when it sinks to the bottom it just stays there and minimal heat is absorbed inside the room. Anyway that unit was supposedly able to cool all three bedrooms (18kbtu) which I think may have been a little bit of an overkill

Depend on what type or model of Formica laminate u chose. Decor metal is very expensive...in the range of $98-$638 w/o GST per piece. The rest is still the same range as Jennings and EDL. For 2mm Glossy laminate,solid colour core, custom graphics, then Formica is more expensive so if using that, u need to top up the different. So that left only quite a few options u can chose which is mostly wood grain, leather, patterns, rigato and pearlescent laminate.

EDL, Jennings are consider not bad already as they are more modern laminate.

Hi Jaskel,

Just a question, how about lam chuan laminates? How much it cost and how is the quality?

Emobebe

Footprint >> you like? Wanna switch houses with mine?? Hehe your 'small' house is a mansion compared to my 92sqm....

You're right the study has attached toilet because it was the original master bedroom. Our concept is that the whole thing is one big bedroom so I was ok with it. My wife made a lot of noise tho cos she preferred the bed to stay where it should have been.

Cold air sure escape through the gaps below my sliding door but I notice my current place the doors also have gaps at the bottom. My half past six theory is that cold air is dense and heavy so when it sinks to the bottom it just stays there and minimal heat is absorbed inside the room. Anyway that unit was supposedly able to cool all three bedrooms (18kbtu) which I think may have been a little bit of an overkill

Er, mine also 92sqm external, 90sqm internal Le.

So both our houses are small lor. :P

Hi Jaskel,

Just a question, how about lam chuan laminates? How much it cost and how is the quality?

Emobebe

Lamchuan, Jennings, EDL, price and quality they are the same, only design. The four top laminate catalog that I've for house owners to choose are Formica, EDL, Jennings and LamChuan. LamiTak the sale persons too 'yaya' so I don't really like their services even my carpenter also don't like them too. If only house owner request if not I will not bother to take out their laminate at all.

Today the Eubiq people came to install the power strips. Finally I can plug in things on my kitchen island!

1000002252.JPG

1000002253.JPG

1000002254.JPG

Edited by hafiizh

hafiizh, disturb u again.. haha..

Need ask a question, What is a power strip??? I saw a powerpoint beside it, so is it use to power up the power strip ?

Today the Eubiq people came to install the power strips. Finally I can plug in things on my kitchen island!

1000002252.JPG

1000002253.JPG

1000002254.JPG

Lamchuan, Jennings, EDL, price and quality they are the same, only design. The four top laminate catalog that I've for house owners to choose are Formica, EDL, Jennings and LamChuan. LamiTak the sale persons too 'yaya' so I don't really like their services even my carpenter also don't like them too. If only house owner request if not I will not bother to take out their laminate at all.

Sorry ya Hafizah, I used your thread here to ask Jaskel question.... So, which one got the latest trend? By the way, are those laminates can withstands scratches and moisture? Will they easily peel off easily? If I were to choose white colour from any of those laminates, will it turn to yellowish over times?

1000002252.JPG

1000002253.JPG

1000002254.JPG

Hi Hafizah,

Love your cutie kitchen island!!!! By the way, how much you being quoted for the power strip? I have seen that in my friend's place but she can't remember how much was that cos she fixed it quite some times ago.

Cheers:) Emobebe

Waikwok >> I created this today just for you! :)

1000002268.PNG

Emobebe >> ask away! I am also interested to know, all of us can learn together :) btw the package is just under $2k but you can get customized lengths from their distributors too, much cheaper if you only plan to use it in selected areas.

Jac87 >> it was customized to our requests by room for ideas. Visit my blog for more details - click on the link below in my signature :)