Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tangerinez

K+k's Home

when's your big day? i think all my girl friends don't understand why i'm no longer focusing on the wedding. haha.

oh i saw you bought an ice cream maker! NICE!

welcome and congrats! :yamseng:

hahahaha i know how you feel, cos when i had my wedding 6 months back, my friends (not only girl frens, even guys too) couldn't understand why we can't bother with all those wedding stuff... hahaha

just felt that wedding only gonna last for a day but you'll have to stay in your house for years, so gotta pay more attention to the house :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

congratulations...

I have the same feeling too. We got our flat in November; we were putting in more effort in renovation and my wedding was January. At first we thought we might have wedding cold feet, but now I am released, it seems that it kinda normal for all... hahaa

hahahaha i know how you feel, cos when i had my wedding 6 months back, my friends (not only girl frens, even guys too) couldn't understand why we can't bother with all those wedding stuff... hahaha

just felt that wedding only gonna last for a day but you'll have to stay in your house for years, so gotta pay more attention to the house :lol:

I must be the sentimental type of guy but 20 years later I can still remember the smile on my wife's face as she came up the church aisle, can still "hear" in my head the laughter as I was asked to kiss her dog by her bridesmaids as a test of my feelings when I came to collect her for the lunch, still feel the cramp in my cheeks after smiling so much throughout the very long day after the dinner for all the guests...

Can't remember so vividly at all the feeling of my first apartment which is long gone...my wife is still around though and we have a lunch date 4 days a week :dancingqueen:

I must be the sentimental type of guy but 20 years later I can still remember the smile on my wife's face as she came up the church aisle, can still "hear" in my head the laughter as I was asked to kiss her dog by her bridesmaids as a test of my feelings when I came to collect her for the lunch, still feel the cramp in my cheeks after smiling so much throughout the very long day after the dinner for all the guests...

Can't remember so vividly at all the feeling of my first apartment which is long gone...my wife is still around though and we have a lunch date 4 days a week :dancingqueen:

wah so sweet.... i wish my hubby can remember 20 yrs down the road too~ :lol:

exactly! after wedding there is still the marriage. if anything goes not so well with the wedding, well, who will remember much right? but if the reno ends up terrible then you will be stuck with it for a while.

hmm.. but who knows it might just be the initial excitement, and after a while i'll revert to fussing about the wedding. haha.

congratulations...

I have the same feeling too. We got our flat in November; we were putting in more effort in renovation and my wedding was January. At first we thought we might have wedding cold feet, but now I am released, it seems that it kinda normal for all... hahaa

thank you! speaking of cold feet, i had the wedding jitters like 2 years ago! lol... way too early i think.

so your wedding is just over not too long ago! i'm sure it was all great! how's newly married life so far?

OMG that is soooooo sweet. i hope my husband to be feel the same way on the actual day too...

i haven't had a chance to take pictures in the 3 times when we visited the house. too paiseh to ask owner for permission.

so well, let's make do with the ones from valuation report first:

livingroomd.jpg

Living room and Dining Area

kitchenj.jpg

Kitchen

bedroom2z.jpg

Bedroom 2 - most probably using this room for guest/baby room

masterbedroomq.jpg

Master Bedroom

No pictures for bedroom 3 - which will most probably be our entertainment room

As you can see, the bedroom flooring is parquet. So we are thinking of keeping them if the contractor thinks it's in good condition.

any comments or suggestions?

actually i don't really like parquet flooring but of cos what do i know? cos everyone has been telling me this prevents coldness when stepping down from the bed every morning. and if it saves money, why not?

hoping to go furniture shopping today! i know it's too early to be doing this but we are excited that's why...

actually i don't really like parquet flooring but of cos what do i know? cos everyone has been telling me this prevents coldness when stepping down from the bed every morning. and if it saves money, why not?

hoping to go furniture shopping today! i know it's too early to be doing this but we are excited that's why...

i prefer tiles too...clean white tiles...well never too early to start cos there's alot to consider...start early so got more time to think carefully...don't be in a rush to place order, shop ard for more choices before making a decision...always disgusted when sales tell us today's price last day, i will switch off and boycot liao... :fire:

i prefer tiles too...clean white tiles...well never too early to start cos there's alot to consider...start early so got more time to think carefully...don't be in a rush to place order, shop ard for more choices before making a decision...always disgusted when sales tell us today's price last day, i will switch off and boycot liao... :fire:

I also prefer cold tiles as I don't on aircon so stepping on it is not so cold. But if always on aircon, parquet is more comfortable to step on. If keep then cheaper reno loh.

Ya, it's never too early then can compare and take time to decide. Took me a long time to look for chairs that I like, even though I start looking since November. Hehe....

hmm... i thought i'm the only 'strange' one who doesn't like parquet flooring. i find the existing parquet flooring a little... dated in design. and we probably won't be turning on the air-con often. so we may be able to do with tiles. but then, it's such a pity to hack away the parquet right? oh my, decisions decisions. i think we'll let the ID/contractor decide for us then.

hmm... i thought i'm the only 'strange' one who doesn't like parquet flooring. i find the existing parquet flooring a little... dated in design. and we probably won't be turning on the air-con often. so we may be able to do with tiles. but then, it's such a pity to hack away the parquet right? oh my, decisions decisions. i think we'll let the ID/contractor decide for us then.

well let $$$ help u guys decide ba...tt's what i do for needs vs wants... :P

hi! i'm so excited to start the journey to creating our own cozy home and also to share our reviews and learn from all of you here in this forum!

--------------------------

Welcome! Welcome!

I also prefer cold tiles as I don't on aircon so stepping on it is not so cold. But if always on aircon, parquet is more comfortable to step on. If keep then cheaper reno loh.

Hi guys, shoot me...cos I luv parquet...Tangerinez, your parquet flooring is so beautiful... Anyway, I'm antique and old fashioned... I luv marble, parquet...stuff which is of natural colouring/lines/designs that we can't control..To me, that's the beauty. Mashmallow's broken marble flooring also very nice... But due to $$$, I can't afford marble flooring for my new hse living room... So ex loh....