Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Drexter

Laminated Flooring

Hi all,

I just got a resale 4 room and thought of overlaying with laminated flooring instead of hacking the current ceramic tiles. Do you guys face any problem with laminated flooring? We thought this way we could cut some cost for the renovation. Hope to hear some advise. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Laminated flooring has its drawback even though it's supposedly cheaper than the real wooden flooring. "laminated" with a thin plastic film.

It's definitely not waterproof. If u spill water on to the floor, u've got to wipe it dry immediately. Otherwise, it'll warp.

These wear & tear problems aren't covered under the lifetime warranty for laminated flooring.

Thanks. Had bought supreme and we feel that their laminated flooring would be most suitable for pets. Thanks.

How is it the work done Drexter? is it any smell after installation?

Have not started... Will be starting in June...

1 contractor i met strongly advised against using laminates as he says he encountered clients with alot of issues re: pests from the food and rubbish dropping through the laminates. another 1 mentioned that people generally feedback that there is the hollow sound/ feel to laminates. HTHs

I regreted doing laminated floor for my existing flat eventhough I hacked the floor and redo.

Is definitely not waterproof and some pops out now after 5 years. Blame it on my family who like to walk out of the toilet with wet feet.

I am currently doing my "new" house and still go ahead with overlaying not with laminate but with tiles.

I regreted doing laminated floor for my existing flat eventhough I hacked the floor and redo.

Is definitely not waterproof and some pops out now after 5 years. Blame it on my family who like to walk out of the toilet with wet feet.

I am currently doing my "new" house and still go ahead with overlaying not with laminate but with tiles.

Hmm... Why do u hack the floor before doing laminate? Most ppl overlay with laminate to save cost on hacking.

Hmm... Why do u hack the floor before doing laminate? Most ppl overlay with laminate to save cost on hacking.

A lot of people including myself have problems with popping ceramic tiles. The reason is that if the ceramic tiles do pop then it'll damage whatever flooring laid on it.

Can tell us which brand u use?

However, even laminated flooring is spoiled or damaged by water damage, it is possible to change it 1 piece at a time at the place it is damaged.

It depends how you want to install the laminates, it will affect whether if you really need to hack the floor tiles or not. How bad is the floor tiles' condition now?

If you do laminate flooring, it's better to choose a slightly more expensive one like Kronotex, Vohringer, Berry Floor, Pergo, Supreme. Those are better resistant to water and have better gaps. Really check the base material when you see the samples.

Cheap, cheap laminate flooring spoils more easily due to inferior base material and top layer...

Edited by designez

yup,no point saving on materials & then later part faced with problems.Definitely no worth the trouble

& the person's skill is equally important.

supreme really that good? i have a dog at home which will pee on the floor sometimes so i thought worse come to worst i'll have to make do with vinyl planks if laminate is outta the question. looks like i still got hope afterall! lol