Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LPG

Own Hdb Can Buy Condo ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1. Seller hdb unit to HDB, then buy condo.

2. Buy condo under sibling's name first, after MOP met, transfer name.

So hurry to buy now meh? Condo supply is flooded like tsunami, URA's forecast of new supply is very much underestimate. Never read my post meh?

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=611859

Hi all, lets say I've not yet MOP on my HDB (but have full settled the purchase) - Can I still buy a condo ?
Edited by bepgof

1. Seller hdb unit to HDB, then buy condo.

2. Buy condo under sibling's name first, after MOP met, transfer name.

So hurry to buy now meh? Condo supply is flooded like tsunami, URA's forecast of new supply is very much underestimate. Never read my post meh?

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=611859

i think it's not a straight out "no". for eg. for yourself, bepgof, you've fulfilled your MOP to sell your place (1yr occupation) but not for renting out (3yrs) cos you bought before some cut off date (can't remember when) and you didn't take hdb loan, if i remember correctly, so you were able to buy a pte unit last year. i remember the discussions in your situation that were posted cos i know of a similar situation though the couple didn't buy pte in the end and i was quite curious about how the whole thing went.

so, think needs more details before determining if the thread-starter can buy a pte unit, and, best always to clarify with HDB.

The previous post was to explore the possibilities of getting the buying of condo done legally but at expenses of $.

My MOP just over- 31/12/2010. I bought a FH, now under construction (yet to complete ground breaking) last yr JULY while my HDB unit was still within MOP - this was allowed before the rule changed (Aug 2010) read this: http://singaporewatch.org/?p=1380

then Jan 14 2011, change again: http://singaporewatch.org/?p=1396

then, 15 Feb 2011, scrap siblings scheme...http://singaporewatch.org/?cat=33

It follows USA's OB's political slogan: change, change, change.

Only few months ago only, forget liao?

i think it's not a straight out "no". for eg. for yourself, bepgof, you've fulfilled your MOP to sell your place (1yr occupation) but not for renting out (3yrs) cos you bought before some cut off date (can't remember when) and you didn't take hdb loan, if i remember correctly, so you were able to buy a pte unit last year. i remember the discussions in your situation that were posted cos i know of a similar situation though the couple didn't buy pte in the end and i was quite curious about how the whole thing went.

so, think needs more details before determining if the thread-starter can buy a pte unit, and, best always to clarify with HDB.

Edited by bepgof

The previous post was to explore the possibilities of getting the buying of condo done legally but at expenses of $.

My MOP just over- 31/12/2010. I bought a FH, now under construction (yet to complete ground breaking) last yr JULY while my HDB unit was still within MOP - this was allowed before the rule changed (Aug 2010) read this: http://singaporewatch.org/?p=1380

then Jan 14 2011, change again: http://singaporewatch.org/?p=1396

then, 15 Feb 2011, scrap siblings scheme...http://singaporewatch.org/?cat=33

It follows USA's OB's political slogan: change, change, change.

Only few months ago only, forget liao?

ya lor, i can only retain part of what i come across leh :P yep, in your situation, you could buy a pte while still within the 1yr MOP (MOP for selling) cos i can't remember what reason li.ao (bank loan or no cpf grant is it?)

are you still holding your pte unit? btw, thanks for the tsunami info :) (actually, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience all along) - there seem to be some pages in it missing - will you be showing those too?

Edited by random_username

Still hold. Bank loan yet to disburse (10% for ground completion,.....) till mid 2014 TOP when my son will be enlisted into NS liao.

Total more than 30 pages( most on property stock counters performamce), just extracted out the relevant ones.

ya lor, i can only retain part of what i come across leh :P yep, in your situation, you could buy a pte while still within the 1yr MOP (MOP for selling) cos i can't remember what reason li.ao (bank loan or no cpf grant is it?)

are you still holding your pte unit? btw, thanks for the tsunami info :) (actually, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience all along) - there seem to be some pages in it missing - will you be showing those too?

if i have fully paid for my hdb unit and it is like already 20 years old and i buy a condo..is this permissable?

of course can.... buy as many as you like if you can afford! unlike me, own a condo now but cannot buy HDB any more unless dispose my condo! NOT FAIR!!!

if i have fully paid for my hdb unit and it is like already 20 years old and i buy a condo..is this permissable?

do you mean the unit is 20 years old or you have owned and/or occupied it for 20 years? can refer to HDB website for what your MOP is too.

Resale Application Received Date MOP applicable

Before 5 March 2010

(includes owners owning their resale flat as at this date) 2½ years from effective date of resale if the owner takes a loan from HDB

1 year from the effective date of resale if:

i. the owner has not taken a loan from HDB; or

ii. he has taken a loan from the bank/financial institution to finance the purchase

5 March 2010 - 29 August 2010 3 years from effective date of resale, regardless of the type of loan taken by the owners or loan status

On or after 30 August 2010 5 years from effective date of resale, regardless of the type of loan taken by the owners or loan status

Current Private Property Index is at the 1996/1997 level. Very high. My HDB bought before March 2010. So, I can sell and buy pte again. Not advisable to buy Pte now. Some of the current pte seller are just recovering from the previous losses now. At that time. govt implement anti speculation measures,tighten credits.. 97 asian finiancial crisis. Thats when they allow HDB owner to buy pte. But that still did not stir up the buying sentiments, cos of the external factors. Just my 2 cents, unless you are buying to stay. Otherwise, wait for the next lehman sister, Sars 2. China Crisis.

Em... wonder why I advise you not to buy, when I am trying to sell mine ....Haiz

Bro, nice to see u here agin.

Haven't sold your & I haven't redeemed my loan, same same. Just called up PKWA this morning to make full redemption, wow, legal fee $600. Europe, US, middle East... big issue will just happen anytime. The west now comes to east.

Personally feel, not worth to buy resale pte now. Unless those ulu ulu areas with FH. But new pte's psf price also high leh.

Current Private Property Index is at the 1996/1997 level. Very high. My HDB bought before March 2010. So, I can sell and buy pte again. Not advisable to buy Pte now. Some of the current pte seller are just recovering from the previous losses now. At that time. govt implement anti speculation measures,tighten credits.. 97 asian finiancial crisis. Thats when they allow HDB owner to buy pte. But that still did not stir up the buying sentiments, cos of the external factors. Just my 2 cents, unless you are buying to stay. Otherwise, wait for the next lehman sister, Sars 2. China Crisis.

Em... wonder why I advise you not to buy, when I am trying to sell mine ....Haiz

Edited by bepgof

Bro, nice to see u here agin.

Haven't sold your & I haven't redeemed my loan, same same. Just called up PKWA this morning to make full redemption, wow, legal fee $600. Europe, US, middle East... big issue will just happen anytime. The west now comes to east.

Personally feel, not worth to buy resale pte now. Unless those ulu ulu areas with FH. But new pte's psf price also high leh.

Bro,

Had been lurking in and out for a while.

Until I read about the Allgreen. Read that loyalty pays finally. Glad to hear the good news. But nothing for me to rejoice. Cos I dun own any lots.... Haiz...

Did't sold mine, just got recontract for rental, got 20% up. But will still follow up,

faster BTO, more HDB rental flats, Pte still looks good, low interest rate. Wonder whether Lagoona Park Enbloc will fall thorough. Many millionaires flaunting the market again. Developer holding projects, wait for the sidelines, analysis the buying sentiments. Wha.. BTO now got mature estate, Tampines & Pasir Ris.