Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wslim1974

Toilet Entrance

hi all,

just gotten my house audited by master zhang and recommended to put a piece a wood at the entrance of the coomon and master bedroom toilet.

this is to prevent the 'QI' from leaking into the toilet when it is travelling in the house.

the area outside both toilets are all parquet flooring. and i am wondering how and who can install a extra piece of wood for me there without the place looking too ugly.

so like to chk if any one got similar advice also from fsm and how u do up the place.

pls share, and thanks a lot in advance.

regards,

lim

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi all,

just gotten my house audited by master zhang and recommended to put a piece a wood at the entrance of the coomon and master bedroom toilet.

this is to prevent the 'QI' from leaking into the toilet when it is travelling in the house.

the area outside both toilets are all parquet flooring. and i am wondering how and who can install a extra piece of wood for me there without the place looking too ugly.

so like to chk if any one got similar advice also from fsm and how u do up the place.

regards,

lim

Mine got a partition at the foyer and also a partition for the masterbed room in between the toilet and bed. Is your wood a full height?

Hi,

Mine is not partition, he only ask me to put thin strip of wood right at the toilet entrance

Thickness of wood as long as enough to cover the hole under the door would be fine, maybe be about 5 mm.

So jus thinking, how to do it and still look nice.

Regards,

Lim

I think yr foot will frequently step on it, toe on & off accidentally hit on it, water all the time trapped under it till parquet flooring turns soft. Indeed a "tokong" recommendation. :good:

This reminded me of childhood time at my kampong house (zince roof, landed :D ), got these cemented "things" protruding out in front of all the doors. Toe kena always hit. Foots always stepped on it till foots' skin thick thick, could step on broken glass also no bleeding.

2009 bought resale hdb, redo all flooring. Old teochew malaysian shifu did the granite flooring, on & off "supervising" him with coffee & bread till become friend. He kept praising the unit is good, one day, as usual with coffee & bread, he bring me to the main door, demostrated with a levelling plank and asked me if I want to install the "protruding thing" at the main door ot not. I huh? he then explained: like that wealth would be kept growing within house, not flowing out. I told him I don't to be $ slave.

hi all,

regards,

lim

Edited by bepgof

he bring me to the main door, demostrated with a levelling plank and asked me if I want to install the "protruding thing" at the main door ot not. I huh?

That protruding thingy at the main door is good for keeping out unnecessary flyers and brochures from housing agents and what not. :notti:

I still cannot visualise the wooden plank being placed at the entrance. Wouldn't anybody trip & fall flat on their faces?

The only wooden plank I saw outside a HDB unit's main door was catered for a wheelchair bound owner to ease his movement of moving in & out of the flat.

There is normally a curb or a raised platform at our main door entrance & even toilets. Does that mean that it wouldn't work because it's not made of wood?

Edited by edenstrauss

This also prevents

1. Ppl from peeping into room from bottom of door.

2. Flying dust into room

Seeing(hdb units)most gates got solid low-height thingy to prevent tray pets from running in/out. FSMs don'r know got any negative comments or not.

That protruding thingy at the main door is good for keeping out unnecessary flyers and brochures from housing agents and what not. :notti:
Edited by bepgof

Seeing(hdb units)most gates got solid low-height thingy to prevent tray pets from running in/out. FSMs don'r know got any negative comments or not.

I was told by an IKEA staff that it's good to have the groove because she claimed that it's to help u to retain wealth. Is it true?

I was told by an IKEA staff that it's good to have the groove because she claimed that it's to help u to retain wealth. Is it true?

IKEA staff moonlight as FSMs... hmmm

Just kidding.

Toilet doors must be closed all the times, so as the toilet bowl.

Those are the dirty water that will flush away the wealth.

Must cover it up.

Sometime, I too lazy, never close...LOL...kekekeke.

I agreed with H4happy on keeping the toilet bowl's cover down at ALL times, unless of course when one is answering nature's call.

But keeping the toilet doors closed at all times is subjective. I was told to keep the toilet bowl's seat cover down but to keep the toilet doors opened. The wall facing the toilet mirror is to have a painting of a flower blooming.

The idea was to keep $$ "blooming", which I know, according to some fengshui masters is silly and more meaningful for older generation businessmen, rather than a fengshui stimulant.

However, it worked for us in terms of finances. The unfortunate thing is that because of the damp conditions for toilets, keeping the toilet doors opened caused our clothings, my handbags to get mouldy really fast! :(

So eventually, we decided to keep the toilet door shut :P

FSMs should take a more proactive approach by designing an auto close/open wc cover and a auto tiolet door. Should displace this product in their fs shops, business sure boom.

Toilet doors must be closed all the times, so as the toilet bowl.

Those are the dirty water that will flush away the wealth.

Must cover it up.

Sometime, I too lazy, never close...LOL...kekekeke.

Edited by bepgof

FSMs should take a more proactive approach by designing an auto close/open wc cover and a auto tiolet door. Should displace this product in their fs shops, business sure boom.

I doubt anyone would want to patronise them anymore......sell so many things at one time.....like kallang coolie