Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Hi footprint, I thank you for your kind intentions. I know it comes from a good place, but now not sure how things are going to turn out as I heard this morning that the boss is very, very unhappy about this Renotalk blog. I may close this down now.

The poll will remain open so we can still arrange for all of you to come see the place in the flesh. Am not going to document anymore for the sake of protecting my ID.

Please don't feel guilty at all! I really do appreciate all the help you've extended - fancy going out of your way to help me! So touched, but I don't my ID to be upset or get reprimanded by the boss. Obviously, Rick worked fast as I got an SMS early this morning.

I feel that Ideal House is certainly very popular and reputable on this board, and that this one job shouldn't affect their reputation entirely. That was the reason why I went to Ideal House in the first place, from their recommendations on this forum and I'm not regretful at all with my ID. I know he is trying his best. But I certainly don't want anyone to get into trouble (maybe I'm being too nice again??).

I don't know anymore - freedom of expression, documented evidence, truthful facts, sharing of opinions - it shouldn't be wrong, at all. Yet I feel bad.

- Ely

hey dear, you shouldn't feel bad for your ID and it's unnecessary to close this blog - if the boss wants to be unhappy, he should be unhappy with his subcons and not with your blog - the subcons that have delivered sub-standard workmanship and display poor attitude! totally not your fault at all~

In fact, it's good to keep this around so pple will be fully prepared for what is the potential problems with reno~ as we can see that these kind of problematic subcons has already appeared many times on RT. this can be a reference not only to those engaging Ideal House, since all ID companies use subcons~

no need to protect the ID here either cos till now we still dunno who he is :D anyway, you already mentioned here that his own jobs with other clients are fine, so that serves as a positive testimony for him, rite? :)

Keep the spirit - freedom of expression, documented evidence, truthful facts, sharing of opinions - alive~ :)

Edited by marshmallow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This blog is now regretfully closed.

The legend of the Shopping Queen ends here. :(

A huge thank you to everyone who has spent the time poring over the many pages of silly rambles and sharing this very monumental experience with me. I have made some really good friends here and am so grateful for all the support and encouragement extended towards me.

P.S. it doesn't mean I won't be commenting and chatting on YOUR blogs! :)

Much <3

Ely

That's it, I think I better be there in person when plastering starts for my own reno.

Your experience serves a good warning to everyone here...

Edit: oops miss the last post...

Edited by sethho

i am not afraid of dogs or cats. Just don't like them coming near to me.... so please keep them away... :~:~

Sama sama! I'm afraid of dogs coming near me sticking out their tongues :~

Tongue is good!!!! i love the wagging tongue!

You'll be happy to know that Maxey is very, very generous with tongue action~

- Ely

Well, guys, my ID said there's no reason for me to close the blog down, though he's suitably embarrassed by the huge delay. None of these problems, apparently, concern the ID firm, simply the sub-cons and sheer bad luck.

Due to some personal requests, here's a less-comprehensive, non-technical revival of the blog :)

DID ANYONE MISS ME? :wub:

Also felt that it's only right to complete what I started (this blog) in all fairness to the ID firm and my ID - with pictures eventually. The end result should reflect on the ID firm more than my ongoing complaints, yes? We've moved in despite a few outstanding jobs but the plastering and paint and dust and unpacking is really getting to me and my asthma and allergies have escalated beyond manageable. Am going to postpone the pre-wedding photo shoot because there is no way I can do with a really horrible rash all over

DAY 98~~

Some of you might be proud that I eventually did snap, though I felt so terrible afterwards. Got really pissed off at being dismissed and being fed stupid excuses. (No more specifics about jobs/project management~)

Touch-up painting is done today, though very wary because of all the furniture and omg my gorgeous sheets. ID has given strict instructions to ensure everything is protected and then to clean up thoroughly after done. A series of bad luck, not sure why and it's getting "sian"

- Kettle spoiled during first time use

- Have nfi how to transfer files to the AC Ryan NAS. Not sure if losing my geek touch or what. Still juggling like **** between all the controls of the HTS, and am too sick and disenchanted to set up networking properly and go through the manuals.

- Novita filtered jug is a piece of c.r.a.p - felt like throwing it away upon first use.

- Air con is no longer cold

- Self-installed digital lock is being wonky and eating batteries daily.

- Brand new modem router failed and Singtel tech spent an hour trying to "fix" my connection.

- Singtel gave us the wrong telephone number after making us choose from a list. So we had to re-pick another despite having that number written on every warranty we've sent out.

- Dog howling everyday, and toddler wailing

POSITIVES

May's shelving contact came through and they put it together in 20mins. Very impressed. Love the storeroom shelving!

Wallpaper was done well. Common bedroom's not as pretty as I'd expected but that was my pick so /shrug. Master's was exactly what I wanted though. :)

Custom decal arriving today, from Modishop. None have been put up yet but there would be 4. :) Can't wait to hit Ikea for cheap frames so I can put up my own art.

WISHLIST

For someone who doesn't do manicures of facials, I've never imagined NEEDING a manicure and a facial so badly in my life. Hands have blisters from chemical burns and abrasions. Nails used to scrape off plastering are in inexcusable state.

Professional Packer

Hate unpacking with a vengeance. Hate the boxes and clutter. Hate having my head hurt because I'm so confused as to where to start and what goes where. The wet/dry segregation of the kitchens also make it so much worse in deciding what stuff to go in either or both. Hate the dust that is making my life ****.

Bigger wardrobes

Gawd, there simply is never enough space. Had to throw out several pairs of my shoes /cry and many had to stacked in order to fit into the shoe cabinet. Not even space for bags! or clothes! Or anything!! wru personal 23ft wardrobe. I so want a Mariah~

- Ely

Edited by Ely1

good to see you back... yes i miss you! *big hug* :)

do take care as dust and unpacking is really bad when you have asthma. wearing mask during unpacking/cleaning does help. it can get a bit hot but definitely much better than having a bad nose or worse, asthma attack.

postpone your pre-wedding PS la... anyway your wedding is in Dec, rite? you can do it as late as July or even August. get more sleep and be pretty for the PS~ :wub:

Well, guys, my ID said there's no reason for me to close the blog down, though he's suitably embarrassed by the huge delay. None of these problems, apparently, concern the ID firm, simply the sub-cons and sheer bad luck.

Due to some personal requests, here's a less-comprehensive, non-technical revival of the blog :)

Also felt that it's only right to complete what I started (this blog) in all fairness to the ID firm and my ID - with pictures eventually. The end result should reflect on the ID firm more than my ongoing complaints, yes? We've moved in despite a few outstanding jobs but the plastering and paint and dust and unpacking is really getting to me and my asthma and allergies have escalated beyond manageable. Am going to postpone the pre-wedding photo shoot because there is no way I can do with a really horrible rash all over

DAY 98~~

Some of you might be proud that I eventually did snap, though I felt so terrible afterwards. Got really pissed off at being dismissed and being fed stupid excuses. (No more specifics about jobs/project management~)

Touch-up painting is done today, though very wary because of all the furniture and omg my gorgeous sheets. ID has given strict instructions to ensure everything is protected and then to clean up thoroughly after done. A series of bad luck, not sure why and it's getting "sian"

- Kettle spoiled during first time use

- Have nfi how to transfer files to the AC Ryan NAS. Not sure if losing my geek touch or what. Still juggling like **** between all the controls of the HTS, and am too sick and disenchanted to set up networking properly and go through the manuals.

- Novita filtered jug is a piece of c.r.a.p - felt like throwing it away upon first use.

- Air con is no longer cold

- Self-installed digital lock is being wonky and eating batteries daily.

- Brand new modem router failed and Singtel tech spent an hour trying to "fix" my connection.

- Singtel gave us the wrong telephone number after making us choose from a list. So we had to re-pick another despite having that number written on every warranty we've sent out.

- Dog howling everyday, and toddler wailing - was told the unit upstairs (not directly above me) is "dirty" and not sure how this would affect us. Maxey has snarled a few times looking at their balcony, and Bondi can't wait to bolt out of the apartment when the front door is open.

POSITIVES

May's shelving contact came through and they put it together in 20mins. Very impressed. Love the storeroom shelving!

Wallpaper was done well. Common bedroom's not as pretty as I'd expected but that was my pick so /shrug. Master's was exactly what I wanted though. :)

Custom decal arriving today, from Modishop. None have been put up yet but there would be 4. :) Can't wait to hit Ikea for cheap frames so I can put up my own art.

WISHLIST

For someone who doesn't do manicures of facials, I've never imagined NEEDING a manicure and a facial so badly in my life. Hands have blisters from chemical burns and abrasions. Nails used to scrape off plastering are in inexcusable state.

Professional Packer

Hate unpacking with a vengeance. Hate the boxes and clutter. Hate having my head hurt because I'm so confused as to where to start and what goes where. The wet/dry segregation of the kitchens also make it so much worse in deciding what stuff to go in either or both. Hate the dust that is making my life ****.

Bigger wardrobes

Gawd, there simply is never enough space. Had to throw out several pairs of my shoes /cry and many had to stacked in order to fit into the shoe cabinet. Not even space for bags! or clothes! Or anything!! wru personal 23ft wardrobe. I so want a Mariah~

- Ely

Hang in there! becoz when things are dwn down... dwn... it'll only go up up UP! Hope your day will be better today!!! :)

good to see you back... yes i miss you! *big hug* :)

do take care as dust and unpacking is really bad when you have asthma. wearing mask during unpacking/cleaning does help. it can get a bit hot but definitely much better than having a bad nose or worse, asthma attack.

postpone your pre-wedding PS la... anyway your wedding is in Dec, rite? you can do it as late as July or even August. get more sleep and be pretty for the PS~ :wub:

Too late, Marshy - Asthma is pretty full-blown now. Hitting the clinic in the evening. Am now stationed in the balcony with doors closed so won't be exposed to dust/debris/plaster.

*Big squeeze* Thanks for the lub! Doing the shoot in Sept :)

- Ely

Welcome back!!! Definitely miss you a lot *hugz*

Great to hear that finally you have moved in. Finally can enjoy quality time with your hubby, enjoying the beautiful sunset.... * love is all around*

Good to see you back here.

I need something to do during the day now I am back at work :P.

Where did you go to choose your wallpaper as my BiL was asking about it yesterday. Does anyone have nay experience of wallpaper in a non-aircon environment here is Singapore ? Any issues with pealing or mould ?

Also where did you get your decals. We bought some of a push card at Tamp mall but are not so impressed. It would be nice to add one to our stairs light box.

Keep on having fun and if you are going to be doing a lux shower commercial immitation, think of all us poor guys who are not there and video it :o:D.

RB