Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Sob..sob..my name not in the list too :(

But can I be thick skin and invite myself..wahahahaha if time permits laa.. Anyway mid of june is 18?

Cos I have been discussing with The Husband to invite you all for a Hi-Tea at Our Crib on 18 or 19 :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No wedding pics...yet. And most likely will only have 1. I don't like putting up pictures with me in them :P Probably my dark and twisty art, some DIY ones, and yes, I took up the eBay offer with Snapfish to do a poster collage for only S$4.98 with all pictures of cats/dogs :lol:!

It was the art that required me to plaster the walls, as there's halogen lights for them... Lose/lose!

- Ely

Haha.... Ok ok.... Then ask them to plaster as much as they can.

DAY 74

Final electrical work to be done Monday. Curtain/blinds tracks to be installed Monday/Tuesday, granite tops to be installed on Wednesday (as Deh Power wasn't quite adequate~) and the plumber to arrive on Tuesday, with a scheduled acid wash on Friday. Which means we get to move in next weekend!! *gasp*

Will most likely be cleaning like full-time janitors on Friday AND Saturday AND Sunday, with Saturday being the proposed move-in date. Yes, we have a date! Not sure if being overly-optimistic as none of the wardrobe doors, shower screens, balcony glass, glass doors are up. The weekend will definitely be a tiring one - with packing and moving and unpacking and cleaning.

This weekend and the following week will see last-minute errands - more trips to Ikea, getting some finishing touches, household stuff. Juat bought that ludicrous spin mop from Isetan as couldn't bear to splurge on the Leifheit - bought that one for my mother instead as maid has ran away and poor Mom is cleaning the entire house. Had a taste of it when parents went away for a holiday, leaving me with the house and the mini-zoo, and, trust me, it wasn't easy. I'm sooo glad to be living in an apartment!

Wallpaper to be installed next week, as only selected them yesterday. They're cheaper than quotations I was given (almost half the price - same for my curtains/blinds), so will definitely update how the workmanship goes. I picked them within minutes so hopefully, they go according to my visualisations.

Engaged a Malaysian guy to do my curtains/blinds and he's quick and prompt and from work he has done at parents-in-law' place, it looks fantastic. Great quality material - all black out with good pulley and track systems, thousands of designs at the same price. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Floor lamps:

Yes, the Shopping Queen strikes again.

254335722FL.jpg2543051FL.jpg

-Ely

nice chandelier lamp care to share what the damage and where you get it from thank

No wedding pics...yet. And most likely will only have 1. I don't like putting up pictures with me in them :P Probably my dark and twisty art, some DIY ones, and yes, I took up the eBay offer with Snapfish to do a poster collage for only S$4.98 with all pictures of cats/dogs :lol:!

It was the art that required me to plaster the walls, as there's halogen lights for them... Lose/lose!

- Ely

Yah, a beautiful & unique art can be a real centre piece to the whole place. I am sure yours would be super swee with your good taste :thumbs up: I remembered you posted some metal art that you found (or bought???) online and I love those pieces they are simply beautiful & characteristic! Too bad they are too ex; me no budget for such luxuries now :bangwall:

Sob..sob..my name not in the list too :(

But can I be thick skin and invite myself..wahahahaha if time permits laa.. Anyway mid of june is 18?

Cos I have been discussing with The Husband to invite you all for a Hi-Tea at Our Crib on 18 or 19 :P

Bummer..sorry Ely..I might have missed on that.. I thought I was not invited.. I think I'm always the Queen of Blur.. :D

Thanks for the invitation..and will sure to come this time...

Would love to meet the rest of the gang :yamseng:

nice chandelier lamp care to share what the damage and where you get it from thank

Hi Rayfox,

Thanks for stopping by.

It's from lightingdirect.com - US$187 (free ship within US), can't remember the vPost shipping charge now as it was all consolidated but it was a total of S$800 for the shipping for quite many items (several of which were bulky). I'm going to stake a guess that it's probably about S$150 - S$250 for the shipping since the box is pretty large. Sorry, can't help more as I no longer have the box to measure the shipping dimensions for you :(

There's a much prettier one at enziodesigns.co.uk for £109.00 (more crystals) but didn't buy it cos it was more expensive.

18-pc-crystal-chandelier-floor-lamp-large-black-shade-313-p.jpg

- Ely

Bummer..sorry Ely..I might have missed on that.. I thought I was not invited.. I think I'm always the Queen of Blur.. :D

Thanks for the invitation..and will sure to come this time...

Would love to meet the rest of the gang :yamseng:

Another royalty! *air kisses*

Ha! Your name IS on the list :) Looking forward to meeting you too, do let me know when you're planning for the high-tea so we won't clash as my place is soooo far away for most.

Unfortunately, unable to provide shuttle service from MRT as I realise I now need to be IN the house (The Husband will be too shy on his own) and our car is simply too small to make effective use of (it's a 2+2). I'm hoping you guys make some arrangement amongst yourselves to share a cab from the MRT station - would definitely provide more directions and details closer to the date. Not going to be as ambitious as Friends78 and May Dream in providing a FEAST but there will be an assortment of pizza (thin crust for the carb-conscious), alcohol, sparkling juice for the non-drinkers, a smoking area, music, and entertainment provided by Maxey and Bondi (Definitely no Lux ad here). Just a really casual, no fuss-no muss gathering. :D

I'll tentatively book 25 June, Saturday? Would probably hold another for the family the week prior.

- Ely

I'll tentatively book 25 June, Saturday? Would probably hold another for the family the week prior.

- Ely

Super. I normally bring alcohol of some sort. Let me know your poison. I really hope to make it but am not sure if we are actually shifting into our new place that weekend. If we are I'll find a way to sneak off :ph34r:

Not going to be as ambitious as Friends78 and May Dream in providing a FEAST but there will be an assortment of pizza (thin crust for the carb-conscious), alcohol, sparkling juice for the non-drinkers, a smoking area, music, and entertainment provided by Maxey and Bondi (Definitely no Lux ad here). Just a really casual, no fuss-no muss gathering. :D

that's a lot of stuff... still not considered a feast? :P

no Lux ad? hiyah. :rolleyes:

Edited by marshmallow

Hi Rayfox,

Thanks for stopping by.

It's from lightingdirect.com - US$187 (free ship within US), can't remember the vPost shipping charge now as it was all consolidated but it was a total of S$800 for the shipping for quite many items (several of which were bulky). I'm going to stake a guess that it's probably about S$150 - S$250 for the shipping since the box is pretty large. Sorry, can't help more as I no longer have the box to measure the shipping dimensions for you :(

There's a much prettier one at enziodesigns.co.uk for £109.00 (more crystals) but didn't buy it cos it was more expensive.

18-pc-crystal-chandelier-floor-lamp-large-black-shade-313-p.jpg

it ok, will not be so nice of me if i have to make u go measure box just to tell me the price a rough cost will do , thank for the nice infor

the lamp is going to be a centre of attention when everything is put together for sure

good buy

Edited by rayfox

Another royalty! *air kisses*

Ha! Your name IS on the list :) Looking forward to meeting you too, do let me know when you're planning for the high-tea so we won't clash as my place is soooo far away for most.

Unfortunately, unable to provide shuttle service from MRT as I realise I now need to be IN the house (The Husband will be too shy on his own) and our car is simply too small to make effective use of (it's a 2+2). I'm hoping you guys make some arrangement amongst yourselves to share a cab from the MRT station - would definitely provide more directions and details closer to the date. Not going to be as ambitious as Friends78 and May Dream in providing a FEAST but there will be an assortment of pizza (thin crust for the carb-conscious), alcohol, sparkling juice for the non-drinkers, a smoking area, music, and entertainment provided by Maxey and Bondi (Definitely no Lux ad here). Just a really casual, no fuss-no muss gathering. :D

- Ely

hi dear, if I'm in town I'll be there, and can help pick people up in the MRT.... and if I can access my stored boxes will bring more booze!

Ooh, DIY for the day:

Remember those Ikea wooden storage shelves? Used the inserts and was going to throw the casement away then decided to convert it into guest amenities shelf! Used a glossy paper bag for the backdrop:

5755125200_1e8b45b607_z.jpg

Painted another with chalkboard fronts so I can label all my hoarding. :P

- Ely

someone must watch me closely when I'm in Ely's house... I'm going to clean these shelves!!!!

someone must watch me closely when I'm in Ely's house... I'm going to clean these shelves!!!!

You queue up leh.... I put up my hands for it already. Hehe...

You queue up leh.... I put up my hands for it already. Hehe...

Let's just dash to the room when we reach there :P Half half, ok? Good things must share mah!!!

Let's just dash to the room when we reach there :P Half half, ok? Good things must share mah!!!

It's not room, it's in toilet I think. Ok ok.... We share, ok? Don't let others take. :)