Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

1st main was hunter then switched to mage as main with druid as alt for sh|t and giggles. thats why i immediately identified with the polymorph & pyroblast references. i was (errrr i forgot all the terms already omgwtfbbq) alliance though, why do i have this feeling you were horde? :jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1st main was hunter then switched to mage as main with druid as alt for sh|t and giggles. thats why i immediately identified with the polymorph & pyroblast references. i was (errrr i forgot all the terms already omgwtfbbq) alliance though, why do i have this feeling you were horde? :jawdrop:

Roffle.

<-- Undead mage, helped to level a friend's rogue (omg Distract and Vanish is ftw for questing solo), then a Bloof Elf Pally, which I hated. I was with Doomhammer Clan for a bit too (mostly Aussies) :) Hunters need to be nerfed~ Hated always being marked by them while getting ganked at Badlands~ Stopped playing pretty early in the game, after their expansion to the level 70 cap. Had Warhammer Online too, but didn't touch it. Tried Allods Online, and that was entertaining for a while.

PK-RANG-RANG!

A really oooollldd video, not our best, but it shows DAoC's pvp well (think our MT was sorta confused bleh):

- Ely

Some additions I missed out:

ELY'S RT-GATHERING GUEST LIST

May Dream

Mae29

Kobelala

Marshy

Friends78

Patsy

Sleek

Caraval

Hafiizh

Footprint

RimBlock

Boyblunder

Csingeu

El LoCo

knownothing

CutieCat

Adidaem

JCase

Seth & Ader

Joyousonline

Lady R

footprint - that's why you always see cats being stuck in trees and needing to be rescued by firemen in american movies... hahaha my cats can jump up the fridge or washer / dryer stacked on top of each other to sleep too. sometimes scares us in the middle of the night when walking into the kitchen! :D

hahaha not only in American movies... my fren who works in SCDF did rescued a cat stuck on a tree before~ :D

Cats are more likely to flight than fight, so just shoo it away. It's probably accustomed to being greeted by the other residents at the block and was looking for a pat! :P Cats are not normally "friendly" creatures so if one comes your cat, it's seeking affection/attention :)

hmmm the problem is i didn't know how to shoo it away... maybe you can teach me? :P i tried talking to it and asked it to go away (i used English since it's a Singaporean cat :D), but it just stood there leh :( all these while there was an elderly couple looking at me and they seemed totally amused at what i was doing~

Haha! That Deh routine done at May's place was deliberately exaggerated just for humour and to show how really bad I am at it. I'll stick to being assertive - it definitely comes more naturally to me than Deh-ing. (epic failure)

LOL the best is to be yourself and be natural :) and yea for e.g. that plumber of yours need some serious scolding from the "lao ban niang"~ *sound of banging table* :curse:

How can a cute elfin thing like you be ugly :( Sometimes I think parents and family are very odd - but it's one great lesson I've learnt NOT to do with my own kids in the future. *hugz*

can't agree more~ should not treat my own kids the same way in future~ :no:

heh i have a very gorgeous mom and my sis looks like her. just too bad that i look like my dad so they always say i'm not pretty (erm well i still have a bro but no one bothers to comment on his look since he's a guy~ :lol:) i ignored the comments cos while i'm surely not the prettiest gal on earth, at least i'm normal: still have 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose and a mouth~ hahaha :lol:

You're so welcome, knownothing. Pity we didn't speak more at May's. Haha that cabbie story - I get it sooo often it's not funny anymore. I was just asked if I'm from China because I was using an umbrella (???).

!! what's the connection between being a mainland Chinese and using an umbrella? :o totally can't get it!

omigosh Ely, was out on meetings the whole day yesterday and your thread mushroomed, and there's only 1 post about renovation! but think we were brought up by the same generation of parents. no praise given, and if you've done well, a gentle "put down" would be the closest thing to praise you would get!

Thanks for the invite, if I'm in town I'm definitely there!

i donch think jcase understands the sheep reference ely ! baaaah *wanders around in circles* :yeah:

Is right I don't. Some of my Welsh friends will get the sheep reference and would possibly be excited about sheep.

Is right I don't. Some of my Welsh friends will get the sheep reference and would possibly be excited about sheep.

You're referring to the Kiwis~ :P

- Ely

I only join when Burning Crusade was launched. Mage (nick - Painforge) was my main and pally to help out for raids when the guild needs one. Never touch hunters and warlocks cos they are OP!!

Stopped when Lich King expansion came...realise I have no time for real life :jawdrop:

edit: BTW, I am old school AD&D player with 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 20 sided dice player - 25yrs of experience! I joined 'the online sensation' only cos all my role playing friends went overseas zz

I even bought a set of 'Dragon Warriors' book set from Ebay just to re-live my childhood memories...lol

Edited by sethho

I only join when Burning Crusade was launched. Mage (nick - Painforge) was my main and pally to help out for raids when the guild needs one. Never touch hunters and warlocks cos they are OP!!

Stopped when Lich King expansion came...realise I have no time for real life :jawdrop:

edit: BTW, I am old school AD&D player with 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 20 sided dice player - 25yrs of experience! I joined 'the online sensation' only cos all my role playing friends went overseas zz

I even bought a set of 'Dragon Warriors' book set from Ebay just to re-live my childhood memories...lol

Aww, you missed the pic of my D20s, amongst others:

5602541826_baecda8857.jpg

I started with Pac Man when I was 7... :P Then Atari and Sega, then moved on to PC C&C, Championship Manager, Warcraft, Neverwinter Nights. My personal fave is still DAoC :)

- Ely

Aww, you missed the pic of my D20s, amongst others:

5602541826_baecda8857.jpg

Finally found mine too but my youngest has now taken them as his own from the moment he set his eyes on them :D.

Space invaders, Battle zone, up through the Atari 2600 (missile command, moon buggy, pong etc), Dragon 32, Speccy 48, Speccy +3, 386DX 25mhz with F15 Strike eagle requiring a 5 1/4 key disk to play and then ever onwards and upwards. Tend to play the Stalker series, Borderlands, Dawn of War and Fallout now on the PC and Mass Effect, Dragon age, Borderlands, COD/MOH games, Shift etc on the XBox 360.

I tend not to play online as there are more kiddys/idiots out there than there are decent people to play with so, just by the rule of averages, I am likely to end up with someone who will be throwing insults and tantrums all over the place.

Me too SethHo. I used to run AD&D campaigns. I usually wrote them for the Ravenloft set of rules although I played a number of games with others in the forgotten realms ruleset. I also set a few based on the Oriental Adventures rules. Started with D&D then progressed to AD&D from the 2nd ed onwards :D. Same as you, the groups just died out in the end. Used to be good fun. Pizza, soft drinks or beer, ice cream, 24 hour session....

RB

hahaha not only in American movies... my fren who works in SCDF did rescued a cat stuck on a tree before~ :D

hmmm the problem is i didn't know how to shoo it away... maybe you can teach me? :P i tried talking to it and asked it to go away (i used English since it's a Singaporean cat :D), but it just stood there leh :( all these while there was an elderly couple looking at me and they seemed totally amused at what i was doing~

Just stamp your feet or wave arms about! :) Or just walk past it :)Cats are really quite nonchalant creatures.

!! what's the connection between being a mainland Chinese and using an umbrella? :o totally can't get it!

I have no idea. He insisted TWICE though that my umbrella gave away my nationality despite my trying to speak Mandarin to him as testament of non-China Chinese but noooo....the umbrella is so much more of an indicator than my accent! Gawd *puts on earphones*

I got the same thing today from the plaster guy! WTF! I don't even know if looking like China Chinese is insulting... like a kept woman or something? UGH!

- Ely

omigosh Ely, was out on meetings the whole day yesterday and your thread mushroomed, and there's only 1 post about renovation! but think we were brought up by the same generation of parents. no praise given, and if you've done well, a gentle "put down" would be the closest thing to praise you would get!

Thanks for the invite, if I'm in town I'm definitely there!

Oh yes, patsy - it suddenly grew a life of its own, vacillating to online gaming, geekspeak, kitties & puppies, Asian upbringing and its result of idiotic poor self-esteem, shaping up of RT-gathering guest list...

Well, did manage to take some pics of the steel traps for you:

5754581443_491102e68b.jpg

closeup:

5754581337_fe6158117d.jpg

Like I said on Whatsapp, the flow isn't very good >< I think the traditional ugly ones are much better at doing their job at draining. I'm actually having a professional drainage guy come in tomorrow to see what's wrong - the whole thing started overflowing and flooded the kitchen! What a nightmare! Sigh.

Better idea is to use those ugly ones and spray-coat them to whatever colour you like. Mabbe.

- Ely

Just stamp your feet or wave arms about! :) Or just walk past it :)Cats are really quite nonchalant creatures.

I have no idea. He insisted TWICE though that my umbrella gave away my nationality despite my trying to speak Mandarin to him as testament of non-China Chinese but noooo....the umbrella is so much more of an indicator than my accent! Gawd *puts on earphones*

I got the same thing today from the plaster guy! WTF! I don't even know if looking like China Chinese is insulting... like a kept woman or something? UGH!

- Ely

i couldn't walk past it cos it was blocking the lift door.... smart cat... surely knows where's the best spot to stand~ :P

hmmmmmm could it be becos you're very fair?

Better idea is to use those ugly ones and spray-coat them to whatever colour you like. Mabbe.

the usual ugly ones come in stainless steel version too (like those you see in shopping centre toilets). i guess that's the best we can get......

The errant walls The Husband thinks is acceptable:

5754581151_f988c75bce_z.jpg5755125508_c5f8d92d05_z.jpg

5754580185_b608411b2f_z.jpg5755125446_d29b122e53_z.jpg

And this is simply a SAMPLING of the walls. Obviously too late to plaster the whole house now as it's the final week of renovations, so it's going to be just a simple touch up plaster job on the worst walls (can't do the entire place as it'd just delay the handover further - we're giving this only 3 days max to do as much as they can).

I don't know, I feel that it might be a constant source of irritation to me everytime I see it, and /facepalm-ing for not doing it earlier. I had no idea the walls would be soooo bad even after the final touch-up paint job so I insisted on the plastering despite The Husband's protests.

So:

TODAY (DAY 91): Tiled fixed (unearthed drainage problem though), some plastering done

WEDNESDAY (DAY 92): Carpentry (hopefully, as this guy has a reputation for no-show), more plastering, drainage guy

THURSDAY (DAY 93): And more plastering, plus touch-up paint job

FRIDAY (DAY 94): General wash & cleaning, shelving guy (**** Yee Sin didn't want to do my job!)

SATURDAY (DAY 95): Wallpaper

TUESDAY (DAY 98): Couch!

Seems like we get to move by next week afterall! :drunk:

- Ely