Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

oh geez, i must be the only one without whatsapp!

Looks that way. Shld get it and we can do multi group chat.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

PM people your number and they can add you if they do not already have it in their contacts.

Don't PM your number to anyone you don't want to talk to.

We will then all know who you shun :P:D.

In fact I am going to amend my sig to that effect (the people should PM for my whatsapp id not the shun part :D).

Does anyone actually read peoples sigs still ??. I had them turned off for a while as people had a habit of listing every single item they had ever bought for their reno including the door jams but that seems to have stopped so I turned them back on again :D.

RB

You snooze you loose ;).

I missed the gatherings as well but met for drinks after.

Think everyone is looking forward to seeing Elys stuff bought from ebay and the like.

Ely, I think you will have to label everything with a ticket stating where you bought it and for how much to save you having to repeat yourself over and over again.

RB

RB that's a good idea :dribble:

seth, I concur that a cat would be a good low maintenance starter pet after the fish, bird, bunny range. They are really intelligent; with individual feelings, personalities and characteristics. With 4 former rescues , 2 of them a bro-sis pair I personally hand-raised, we can see their personalities shine through and how the girl-boy issue even influences animals! Not to scare you but I do have one OCD/ ADD type cat who has been officially diagnosed as one who would need medicating with anti depressants like a human but we dont since it is at a high cost and even the vets say it is up to us but we do use rescue remedy and just try to love him more.

Ely I totally forgot that I used to be a slave to WoW for 1 1/2 - 2 years, I cant even remember how long exactly as it was >4 years ago before my #1 arrived. The guild went through some big drama, broke apart , blah blah and it came at a opportune time since i was pregnant, so I quit the game all together. I miss those days but do keep in touch with some of the other loonies from then. I never did play on any localised servers as the hb initially created our toons on Doomhammer and so I stayed on there, he quit earlier then me lol, since I am an extreme night owl anyway the american time zone worked for me.

Wow (pun intended)... another girl gamer! This forum rulez! :sport-smiley-004:

edit: You are a cat lover too! I am a novice still at recruitment stage for cats. I initially wanted a Jack Russell or a Yorkshire terrier, but that is too ambitious...

Edited by sethho

Ely maybe you could get RB to hang around your place. Since he's a huge ang-moh who does boxing the workers will feel less inclined to perv.

Jab, hook and uppercut if they so much glance your way :sport-smiley-003:

Ely1, you are wealth of information when it comes to cats and online shopping!

I will definitely be tracking this thread closely :D

Ely maybe you could get RB to hang around your place. Since he's a huge ang-moh who does boxing the workers will feel less inclined to perv.

Jab, hook and uppercut if they so much glance your way :sport-smiley-003:

Haha, my services are available for rent at a small fee, or nice dinner, or a good movie, or a couple of drinks, or free for a friend :P.

Elys Hubby is more than able to keep those workers in line. It is just difficult with work commitments :D.

RB

hey Ely! nice meeting you on Saturday :) you're really funny and it's certainly enjoyable talking to you :)

and just btw, you reminded me a lot of a primary school friend of mine. she loves cats too! (think she has some 7 or 8 cats in her apartment) if there's ever a chance that both of us are in HK, i must intro her to you~ :D

I will get my wife a laser pointer if she gets gawked at by perv at reno site.

Pretend to higlight some points to the foremen or hide at a corner and laser their eyes! No more than 3 secs mind you... I am not that vicious :notti:

After 4-5 times, cognitive conditioning should kick in - get "red eye" if they are naughty.

Maybe ladies bothered by workmen should stuff a great big pair of long socks down the front of a pair fo tight fitting jeans they wear whilst around the workmen and then have the wives stare at the workers :o.

See how quickly they finish and leave :D.

RB

beige 73 looks good!

i yet see a cat able to climb so high before, only know by theory..

so they do really know how to and will climb high high?

for sure i know dogs cant.. they so scare of falling! :P

hee

Cats are excellent at jumping, with some breeds more particular on being at really high spots (like Norwegian Forest Cat) as they have impeccable height perception. Unfortunately, they lack the same intuition when it comes to depth perception, which is often the case of cats falling off flats (even 1st floor) and ending up paralytic. I've built little wheelchairs for some kitties - took quite a bit of research and shopping at Daiso but managed to get the cat zooming around again :) Such a joy. My rescues scale all my walls and fences with the utmost grace while Bondi struggles to pounce on a table-top (THUMP!). Most fosters would insist that you have windows meshed (but there are great stylish ways of doing so) before allowing you to adopt. I'm not as stringent though I emphasise clearly what precautions must be taken. Many plants too are toxic, and sadly, since I've had cats, The Husband has stopped sending me lovely lilies :P

Cats that are allowed to roam should never have their nails trimmed as they would be unable to climb trees to get out of harm's way. Indoor cats are fine. Pedigree cats should never be let outside because they lack the natural ability to defend themselves.

You'd be surprised, footprint, even my previous "curvy" rescue can scale a fridge in one leap, and she's quite... rotund.

I call this:

"I Ate A Bowling Ball"

2476664048_6d0eae9b9b.jpg

- Ely

(now also known as Crazy Cat Lady )

newfromikeac128632280894681481.jpg

Maybe ladies bothered by workmen should stuff a great big pair of long socks down the front of a pair fo tight fitting jeans they wear whilst around the workmen and then have the wives stare at the workers :o.

See how quickly they finish and leave :D.

RB

Nah, I will employ the help of a couple of gay body builders and have them stare at their asses, wolf whistle flirt and all with doors closed! :sport-smiley-003:

(/sounds of putting some boots on) ;)

The problem, I find, with a person who is clearly very attractive always claiming they are not is that it can get irritating for those who are not so blessed. Having gone out with a few girls who were very insecure about their looks, it is the failure to accept the truth of how people see them that has caused relationship problems in the past. I have found acceptance with a 'Thank you for your kind words' is a much better policy than denial. I know it is hard to get yourself in to that mindset but it is usually worth the effort. I must admit, on the rare occasions I have been complemented, I used to automatically do the same as you. Now I just think a 'Thank you' and then moving on to something else is more classy. Think to yourself, what would Mae do :P.

(/sounds of some boots coming off) :D.

Oh and I think the glow you have now gets you more attention from men that your hubby maybe would like without you needing to add more ;).

RB

I know I can be forthcoming with you, like you are with me, so...

/slips on slinky 4" heels

It's actually a cultural thing in our society to "refute" compliments. This has been pretty much ingrained since I was a child. It's also "unlucky" if you praise a baby to be cute, as the older generation would think this would "curse" the kid to now become "ugly". You're supposed to say (to an adorable child, but directed to the parents/grandparents) "Oh my, how ugly! I hope she blossoms into a swan!"~ :rolleyes: During the familial obligations of Chinese New Year, should a relative tell my parents "Oh, your daughter is pretty!", they would politely reply "Not at all! She's so ugly!". Naturally, this has rubbed off me some, and I'm bearing my soul here:- I don't have pictures taken when I was young, and when I asked my Mom where my baby pictures were (was trying to make a collage of all the kids for Mother's Day), she told me (with a straight face) I was too ugly as a child so they didn't take any pictures. When I cut my hair to a trendy bob after moving to Australia, she lamented that I had lost my ONE saving grace, because prior to the haircut, I could pass off as attractive if seen from the back view.

Not seeking any sympathy here, thank you very much. Just the hard truths on my admittedly "stupidly insecure" behaviour. I was seeing a therapist on building my self-esteem, which sometimes is paralysing, but I am aware how well my persona covers my inner defects, so people usually don't believe me and think that I'm either fishing for more compliments or putting on some fake display of false modesty. I'm working on it though, which is why I said I humbly and gratefully appreciated their compliments - I just didn't want their kind words to have a life of its own and growing into something that would make me feel more pressurised and conscious about.

It is definitely not meant to irritate people or make others feel worse about themselves. It's a lifelong struggle for me to accept compliments without cringing and hopefully, I'll get there some day. I hope this helps you understand me a little bit more :)

"Don't forget that I cannot see myself - that my role is limited to being the one who looks in the mirror." - Jacques Rigaut

/kicks off heels

- Ely

on the note of getting attention from men, Ely can I invite myself to your house warming?

PS my wife insists on coming along too.

I cant believe I missed the last gathering. see? I was off RT for 2 weeks and I got left out.

can i come too? :P

Everyone's invited! In fact, I already preemptively put both your names down on the guest list as Hafiizh is also in the east, and footprint is a regular :)

So far, the guest list is:

May Dream

Mae29

Kobelala

Marshy

Friends78

Patsy

Sleek

Caraval

Hafiizh

Footprint

RimBlock

Boyblunder

Csingeu

El LoCo

knownothing

CutieCat

Adidaem

Do let me know if I've missed anyone, and if you'd like to come - tentatively, it's Mid-June :)

Um, also let me know if you're allergic/afraid of dogs/cats - I'll have them crated.

<3

Ely