Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Hi Ely, so happy for you when I saw this post. In case I don't post anything in your T-Blog the next few days, know that I'm still lurking :P and silently rooting for you k?

And you definitely have a special place. If nothing else, all your art works and interesting imported stuff definitely makes your apartment stand out from the other renovations in Singapore. Besides, the Shopping QueenTM title is not bestowed without reason y'know. :D

So jia you! Almost there and am eagerly anticipating your completed apartment pics when it's all pretty n neat k?

Btw, with all your talk about zodiac signs, I went to check mine and one Taurus woman trait is "Nature and aesthetic beauty are very important to a Taurus woman. She enjoys being outside and looking for beautiful views or places that are particularly camera-friendly. Generally, she's happiest in an artistic space or when she can surround herself with objects that she finds pleasing to look at.".

Henceforth, I'll blame my uncontrollable desire for pretty things on my innate Taurean trait! I can' help it when those pretty things cost an arm n a leg too... :P

Aww, thanks for all that sideline poms-poms! :wub:

Do you happen to know that Virgos and Taureans get along well naturally since we're Earth signs? ;) Definitely share more than a thing in common! :P

Even after my reno is done, don't expect me to resist popping in to see your gorgeous buys!

- Ely

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow, that was very cheap. Any warranty? Mine one year

Hmm, not sure about warranty, but they replaced my halogen light without question (within 7 days), and all the T5s came with extra bulbs (one for each we purchased) - we were so shocked to see soooo many T5s but the electrician assured us they were simply replacement lights without the casement. When one of the lights blew during installation, my ID managed to swing one for free (because it has exceeded the 7 day grace period).

- Ely

Hmm, not sure about warranty, but they replaced my halogen light without question (within 7 days), and all the T5s came with extra bulbs (one for each we purchased) - we were so shocked to see soooo many T5s but the electrician assured us they were simply replacement lights without the casement. When one of the lights blew during installation, my ID managed to swing one for free (because it has exceeded the 7 day grace period).

- Ely

Your ID brought you to lighting.com? Nice. Electrician from Lighting.com?

Wah... your lightings really cheap!! Don't worry, after so many days, everything will go on well for you from now on! So many queens and kings will look after you.. hahahaah..... :dancingqueen:

Aww, thanks for all that sideline poms-poms! :wub:

Do you happen to know that Virgos and Taureans get along well naturally since we're Earth signs? ;) Definitely share more than a thing in common! :P

Even after my reno is done, don't expect me to resist popping in to see your gorgeous buys!

- Ely

Hey, now that you mention it, we do need new emoticons! e.g.

- Smiley with pom poms

- Fireworks

- Angel halo smiley

- Crowns (for all the Kings n Queens) :rolleyes:

And the sad ones like:

- Cry

- Sweat

That aside, you are most welcome to my place when it's ready. Very worried how it'll turn out tho... since we are more or less doing an all white theme so that leaves loads of room for decor n colorful accents/accessories? :dunno:

I'll just continue shopping and hope for the best. :D

Sis Mae,

Oh, please tell me about it. Thanks for the encouragement, I think we're finally getting there! /dance

Taking RB's advice:

TODAY (DAY 87): Granite top fitted, plumbing done (indeed the Deh Power is lacking in me - they told me they could only come Monday but the ID managed to get them down today - hurrah!), outdoor blinds fitted, errant couch removed!

SATURDAY (DAY 88): Electrician - the plumbers must have hit a wire while they were drilling into the kitchen cabinet - the power is cut despite all my flicking efforts at the DB box. Electrician will come in the morning to check it out, install outstanding T5 lights, with the mirrored cabinet's light still pending.

MONDAY (DAY 90): Final paint job

TUESDAY (DAY 91): General wash & cleaning

WEDNESDAY (DAY 92): Carpentry (mirrored cabinet, shelves for common bedroom, replacement of chipped laminates on kitchen island and misfitting wardrobe drawer), couch delivery

THURSDAY (DAY 93): Electrician again, (+ personal packing & cleaning)

FRIDAY (DAY 94): Wallpaper (+ DIY decal application)

SATURDAY (DAY 95): Pop a bottle of champagne, watch Avatar and sleep on new white sheets!!

- Ely

Yes, getting there!!

One week more!

:)

I get u moscato rosa k?

Your ID brought you to lighting.com? Nice. Electrician from Lighting.com?

Nope, everything sourced by ourselves and bought by ourselves. In fact, some of his recommended shops were more expensive than the ones we looked at.

Our electrician is from a personal referral and is super-on. I love him to bits and probably the reason why I "allow" him to smoke in the home. He does everything so systematically without having to instruct him, and so willing to change or add any additional points without charge.

- Ely

Edited by Ely1

Wah... your lightings really cheap!! Don't worry, after so many days, everything will go on well for you from now on! So many queens and kings will look after you.. hahahaah..... :dancingqueen:

Wah, royalty serving royalty! /does little wave

Um, I'll pass on Knight Poo's help, thx.

Hopefully things go as scheduled. Will track the progress here for all to see and turn up the heat a little :) RAWR!

- Ely

Edited by Ely1

Yes, getting there!!

One week more!

:)

I get u moscato rosa k?

Too generous! If you come by during the RT meet, that is a gift in itself. :) Please don't bring anything! Your presence all the way to Tampines/Changi is definitely more than appreciated.

- Ely

Hey, now that you mention it, we do need new emoticons! e.g.

- Smiley with pom poms

- Fireworks

- Angel halo smiley

- Crowns (for all the Kings n Queens) :rolleyes:

And the sad ones like:

- Cry

- Sweat

That aside, you are most welcome to my place when it's ready. Very worried how it'll turn out tho... since we are more or less doing an all white theme so that leaves loads of room for decor n colorful accents/accessories? :dunno:

I'll just continue shopping and hope for the best. :D

I concur. Just continue shopping first :lol:! They'll find a spot in your home somehow :P

Will love to come by your place next time. Thank you for the generous invite :)

Don't fret now - I went through the same phase. It gets easier :)

- Ely

OOh, a tub for two - sounds like lots of bubbles and giggles ;)

Still no ID yet? Am surprised since you've been on RT for quite a bit. Yes, the quotations from ID can vary ALOOOTTT so shop around till you find yourself you're comfortable with and willing to work within your budget.

Used to have a tub but it was under-utilised we hacked it off for a larger shower area instead and never regretted it. Kinda like a pool - one of those luxuries you find yourself not using as much as the initial novelty wears off. Almost all the places I lived in in Australia had tubs and hardly ever used them either, but that could be just me :) Tubs are soooo welcomed at hotels when on holidays though - always enjoy a nice hot soak with bath salts and petals. mmm.

- Ely

for relaxation, still thinking whether to buy it or not...heeee..yeah at first thot we can manage the reno ourselves.but really think until head big so decide to go to ID. a bit late. but hope so can finish the reno soon and move in!! so far din see any layout i like for my house esp the kitchen and living area.

oh really? hmm i also not sure if the tub would be useful..of course initially it would be much fun!!

The pets are not part of the decor!! *sulk*

- Ely

Ahh but they make up part of the homely ambiance surely.

I like a great many thing, just that the area of HTS is where I can provide the greatest help to other members.

RB

nice meeting your hb and you today ely. may your reno be completed as smooth as silk from now on! good.gif

gotta bottom.gif if they continue to mess around and spoil your days again while perving at you!

Square steel traps arrived today, so that's pretty quick. No word yet from FotoFaucet...

Hi Ely,

Would like to see the traps when you install them, do you mind taking pictures of them? Better yet, would you let me come by and see them in person?

Thanks!!

nice meeting your hb and you today ely. may your reno be completed as smooth as silk from now on! good.gif

gotta bottom.gif if they continue to mess around and spoil your days again while perving at you!

Ya, was really great to finally meet so many of you. So happy I get some new friends.... Can't wait to go see your wonderful house.