Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Hi Ely1 ~

Love your cat - the eyes are so mesmerizing! Makes me wanna get one since no plans for kids

Next is your cow hide rug and clock - uber cool!

Following that - a girl gamer! Will get WII for fun and exercise with my wife in the interim, until I can fully corrupt her into online gaming :dancingqueen:

I followed your thread 2 weeks ago till I was overwhelm by my own renovation and shopping ~ Congratz! 1 more week to the finishing line!

Lighting is my biggest headache now... nothing we have seen is "love at first sight" and still contemplating cool/day/warm light distribution.

You definitely have good taste (and super online shopping 'talent'), would appreicate if you (or anyone) have any good advice on sourcing for lighting to share :bow:

Edited by sethho

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

nice meeting your hb and you today ely. may your reno be completed as smooth as silk from now on! good.gif

gotta bottom.gif if they continue to mess around and spoil your days again while perving at you!

Heya Sleek,

Really enjoyed meeting you today too - you are such a down-to-earth, genuine person with no artificiality at all - which is quite a rarity in our society. Your boy is simply adorable! :) Do keep in touch, and remember, you and your kids are welcome to our place when it's ready anytime :)

Lol! No more perving - I wear jeans and t-shirts all the time now with hair pulled back and no makeup. Not much to perv at :lol:

- Ely

Hi Ely,

Would like to see the traps when you install them, do you mind taking pictures of them? Better yet, would you let me come by and see them in person?

Thanks!!

Sure patsy, I'll take some photos next time I'm at the place. House is quite a mess but next weekend *should* be okay if you want to drop by? I'll upload the pics by then and you can see if you need to come see them in person :)

- Ely

Heya Sleek,

Really enjoyed meeting you today too - you are such a down-to-earth, genuine person with no artificiality at all - which is quite a rarity in our society. Your boy is simply adorable! :) Do keep in touch, and remember, you and your kids are welcome to our place when it's ready anytime :)

Lol! No more perving - I wear jeans and t-shirts all the time now with hair pulled back and no makeup. Not much to perv at :lol:

- Ely

ely, hah! i reckon it takes an extended overseas living like yours to appreciate my no-nonsense straight talking approach :) it would be a loooong trek to your place (we're in the west), thank you for your warm invitation and we will certainly visit when you have your open house for tblog members. my older one may not be so keen on your dog though he would be fine with the cats as we have 4 former rescues; he was attacked by a small dog when he was about 18mo and has a phobia of them since then which is a real pity cos he used to have no inhibitions around smallers dogs since we live near alot of vets. we're slowly trying to get him used to small dogs again.

i think even if you wear a potato sack , you will still attract the pervs, you're just gorgeous and so sweet ! dribble.gif

Hi Ely1 ~

Love your cat - the eyes are so mesmerizing! Makes me wanna get one since no plans for kids

Next is your cow hide rug and clock - uber cool!

Following that - a girl gamer! Will get WII for fun and exercise with my wife in the interim, until I can fully corrupt her into online gaming :dancingqueen:

I followed your thread 2 weeks ago till I was overwhelm by my own renovation and shopping ~ Congratz! 1 more week to the finishing line!

Lighting is my biggest headache now... nothing we have seen is "love at first sight" and still contemplating cool/day/warm light distribution.

You definitely have good taste (and super online shopping 'talent'), would appreicate if you (or anyone) have any good advice on sourcing for lighting to share :bow:

Hi Setho,

Thank you for dropping by and your kind comments. :) Bondi is indeed TWBC (The World's Best Cat) and his temperament is unparalled. There is a local breeder I can refer you to, if you're interested in a British Shorthair. She's female, with great lines, very typey and cost less than what you'd get for an "Australian import" from a local pet shop. Sorry, my personal belief system is against pet shops as they are primarily puppy/kitten mills. Don't take my harsh judgement too personally - I rescue animals all the time and they're wonderful and deserve a forever home, I just won't support pet farms. You'd be horrified to know the truth behind their breeding tactics (which often give rise to a multitude of health/temperament issues) and when you pay a premium for an "import", understand that the pet does not come with a pedigree. It simply means a backyard breeder in Australia exported their equally poorly-bred animals to Singapore. If you can, I'd always suggest adopting. I rescue cats periodically, so let me know if you're interested. I'm very honest in my assessment of all the kittens I foster and rehome, and would enforce a two-week trial to see if the kitty is suitable for you. If there's anything you don't like, return the cat to me - no questions asked, and it will be placed up for adoption again. I can honestly say, in my years of fostering, that I've never had a single complaint, much lest a return :)

Here are previous kittens I fostered:

5201069006_a42345f484_m.jpg

2178924202_e3860e57f3_m.jpg

2363371447_14688d5132_m.jpg

2711485334_44580fab3c_m.jpg

Haha about the girl gamer bit! Gamers are often surprised when they meet me in real life. Both my brothers and I are a "triumvirate", with the younger brother being the most skilled player (DPS whore). Older brother is almost always magic-based, with focus on crowd control, while I'm the support hybird - buffs/de-buffing, secondary heals & dps (usually DOTs). This was my avatar on the boards: :P

5743262345_e69f48788d_o.jpg

I've stopped gaming for quite a bit now, but still look out for new betas/releases. None of the new games can really compete with the skill-ability of Dark Age of Camelot. WoW was fun, but it's hugely a time-sink and basically biased towards the 24-hr farmers (best gear = win), their PvP system is also very disorganised as I like running with regular groups that know exactly what they're doing and how. It's a chemistry you build with fellow stellar gamers for the p0wnage moments ;)

I got the majority of my lights from lightings.com.sg - they're reasonably priced and very reliable. Floor and desk lamps were all bought online. Several other places RT-ers suggest are Chan Huat, Chelsea Lighting (in Jurong I believe), Palace of Lights (Balestier). Have a stroll along Jln Besar where a lot of lighting shops are and don't "settle" for something. Lights create such an ambience that I believe you should get whichever really catches your fancy. MY ID dislikes all my lights but I don't really care since I'm the one living with them :P

I think May Dream mentioned that it's usually pricier if you shop with your ID so I'd suggest that you shop around yourself. Just buy things you love, and it'll all fall together nicely. :)

Hope this helps :)

- Ely

Edited by Ely1

ely, hah! i reckon it takes an extended overseas living like yours to appreciate my no-nonsense straight talking approach :) it would be a loooong trek to your place (we're in the west), thank you for your warm invitation and we will certainly visit when you have your open house for tblog members. my older one may not be so keen on your dog though he would be fine with the cats as we have 4 former rescues; he was attacked by a small dog when he was about 18mo and has a phobia of them since then which is a real pity cos he used to have no inhibitions around smallers dogs since we live near alot of vets. we're slowly trying to get him used to small dogs again.

i think even if you wear a potato sack , you will still attract the pervs, you're just gorgeous and so sweet ! dribble.gif

Aww, such kind words from you, Sleek :)

Don't worry about the pets, I'll have them crated and put in the room. Perhaps Maxey may even help your older one get over his phobia - Maxey is super sweet :)

I'll let you know about the potato sack, will wear one Monday k? :P (it's btw, in fashion again - recycling and saving the planet and all that~):

Potato-Sack-Dress.jpg

- Ely

ely, hah! i reckon it takes an extended overseas living like yours to appreciate my no-nonsense straight talking approach :) it would be a loooong trek to your place (we're in the west), thank you for your warm invitation and we will certainly visit when you have your open house for tblog members.

Sleek, you are indeed down to earth and all Ely mentioned and more. Both of us are full of praises for u when we secretly whatsapp another. Haha..... No need extended living to appreciate you!

Ely, you must be the most gorgeous t-blogger here and even t shirt and jeans not going to stop the men from looking. Before meeting, I already sixth sense you would be but after meeting, even more so. And I can hear the deh-ism coming from you will bring down the moon and stars. Hehe.....

Hi Setho,

Thank you for dropping by and your kind comments. :) Bondi is indeed TWBC (The World's Best Cat) and his temperament is unparalled. There is a local breeder I can refer you to, if you're interested in a British Shorthair. She's female, with great lines, very typey and cost less than what you'd get for an "Australian import" from a local pet shop. Sorry, my personal belief system is against pet shops as they are primarily puppy/kitten mills. Don't take my harsh judgement too personally - I rescue animals all the time and they're wonderful and deserve a forever home, I just won't support pet farms. You'd be horrified to know the truth behind their breeding tactics (which often give rise to a multitude of health/temperament issues) and when you pay a premium for an "import", understand that the pet does not come with a pedigree. It simply means a backyard breeder in Australia exported their equally poorly-bred animals to Singapore. If you can, I'd always suggest adopting. I rescue cats periodically, so let me know if you're interested. I'm very honest in my assessment of all the kittens I foster and rehome, and would enforce a two-week trial to see if the kitty is suitable for you. If there's anything you don't like, return the cat to me - no questions asked, and it will be placed up for adoption again. I can honestly say, in my years of fostering, that I've never had a single return, much lest a return :)

Haha about the girl gamer bit! Gamers are often surprised when they meet me in real life. Both my brothers and I are a "triumvirate", with the younger brother being the most skilled player (DPS whore). Older brother is almost always magic-based, with focus on crowd control, while I'm the support hybird - buffs/de-buffing, secondary heals & dps (usually DOTs). This was my avatar on the boards: :P

5743262345_e69f48788d_o.jpg

I've stopped gaming for quite a bit now, but still look out for new betas/releases. None of the new games can really compete with the skill-ability of Dark Age of Camelot. WoW was fun, but it's hugely a time-sink and basically biased towards the 24-hr farmers (best gear = win), their PvP system is also very disorganised as I like running with regular groups that know exactly what they're doing and how. It's a chemistry you build with fellow stellar gamers for the p0wnage moments ;)

I got the majority of my lights from lightings.com.sg - they're reasonably priced and very reliable. Floor and desk lamps were all bought online. Several other places RT-ers suggest are Chan Huat, Chelsea Lighting (in Jurong I believe), Palace of Lights (Balestier). Have a stroll along Jln Besar where a lot of lighting shops are and don't "settle" for something. Lights create such an ambience that I believe you should get whichever really catches your fancy. MY ID dislikes all my lights but I don't really care since I'm the one living with them :P

I think May Dream mentioned that it's usually pricier if you shop with your ID so I'd suggest that you shop around yourself. Just buy things you love, and it'll all fall together nicely. :)

Hope this helps :)

- Ely

Wa....you are really tempting me with having a cat as part of my new 'family'. I still remember I wanted a pet so much when I was kid - we only had gold fishes then (for fengshui purpose I think). So I can only play 'whirlpool' with them, like run mills with hamster, and pet the fishes in water whenever nobody is around....sigh :bangwall:

I will have to convince Ader and be really ready myself to commit as well - I do not wish the pet to get lonely since both of us have to work in the days.

I have so little time to game now - started with GW for 2 years, before joining the mass for WoW for 1.5 years (got in a top 10 guild of the server with lots of Singaporeans), drifted with AoC, Warhammer Online, Aion, before going back to GW because no subscription and I love pvp - those GvG-er in prized tournaments are pros... Waiting for GW 2 now.

Here is my old avatar:

MePwningYou.gif

Yes, I have checked out lightings.com.sg Philips energy saving PLC for our L-box. But no cool colour light bulbs :bangwall: Seems like we have to take a gamble with house brands plug-and-snap type, China made PLC available in most shops... So far in Baliestier and Jln Besar, we found a pendant light for dining area - almost look alike to May's - that we like slightly more than others 'decent' looking ones for S$380.

I agree with you 100% - I love how good lighting decors can bring out the ambience, so even with limited spaces, we intend to get a few standing or table lamps as well :D

Thanks for all your advice!

Edited by sethho

Hey let me know when you guys meet up again! Would love to meet people who is going through/going to go through/ has gone through Reno!

Sleek, you are indeed down to earth and all Ely mentioned and more. Both of us are full of praises for u when we secretly whatsapp another. Haha..... No need extended living to appreciate you!

Ely, you must be the most gorgeous t-blogger here and even t shirt and jeans not going to stop the men from looking. Before meeting, I already sixth sense you would be but after meeting, even more so. And I can hear the deh-ism coming from you will bring down the moon and stars. Hehe.....

Awwww, May Dream, you are toooooo kind. Honestly don't think I'm *such* a stunner. You know, it's funny how my mom tells me everyday how ugly I am :lol:! My mom is one person I know who's closest to a saint but she can be brutually honest, to the point of being critical. I usually just make some intelligible noise or joke that my looks come from her and Dad. :P

Btw, we all witnessed a teeny preview of that Deh Power, and it seriously takes some skill. I'm still waiting for that script from you, complete with accompanying gestures and facial gestures, like:

{despondent face} Where am I going to live if you're not done in time?

{gracefully stamps foot} This cannot be happening!

{kawaii pondering} Hmm, let's see.

{pretty pout} Suai Ke, I'm sure you can do it for me right? Afterall you're so capable - if anyone can do it, it would be you!

(higher pitch plead} Please? Pleeaassse?

{flutter eyelashes} Come on, I buy you cakes later k? {sweet coy smile}

- Ely

Hey let me know when you guys meet up again! Would love to meet people who is going through/going to go through/ has gone through Reno!

Hi patsy, I was having an open invitation on my blog to all to come. You can come too....

Never mind, we will wait for ely's. :)

Sorry I missed it!

HB put me on am embargo with no laptop/iPad for ome day yesterday coz he said I was getting obsessed!grrrrrrrr

Edited by patsy_sg

Wa....you are really tempting me with having a cat as part of my new 'family'. I still remember I wanted a pet so much when I was kid - we only had gold fishes then (for fengshui purpose I think). So I can only play 'whirlpool' with them, like run mills with hamster, and pet the fishes in water whenever nobody is around....sigh :bangwall:

I will have to convince Ader and be really ready myself to commit as well - I do not wish the pet to get lonely since both of us have to work in the days.

Cats are one of those pets that do not require a companion. In fact, many of them prefer being the only cat. I've had cats who simply could not assimilate into a multi-cat home despite all my efforts, and had to be rehomed to a single-cat household. I always tell potential adopters this when they mention how long they'd be away from home - cats are the easiest to maintain with no housebreaking needed at all. I've never had a single cat make a mistake, not even a 3 week old kitten. It only takes ONE "demo" for them to get it. Cats sleep 85% of the day, with 5% for playing, 5% eating and 5% grooming. They really don't need you at all, except during that 5% playing, and that too is by invitation only :P (interactive toys like laser pointers, wands etc). Most are happy just to sit at your feet while you watch TV, meow when it's dinner time, and greet you when you come home. No fuss.

I have so little time to game now - started with GW for 2 years, before joining the mass for WoW for 1.5 years (got in a top 10 guild of the server with lots of Singaporeans), drifted with AoC, Warhammer Online, Aion, before going back to GW because no subscription and I love pvp - those GvG-er in prized tournaments are pros... Waiting for GW 2 now.

Here is my old avatar:

MePwningYou.gif

Ha! Cool avatar. I played on Blackrock, but my guild is mostly Americans, Europeans and Australians. Played with selected Singaporeans during DAoC - uber. I managed to play GW during their closed beta - very fun. Was an elementalist then.

435380702_8ec61eed8b.jpg

You might find this funny :)

5745279300_fdc095729b_b.jpg

Yes, I have checked out lightings.com.sg Philips energy saving PLC for our L-box. But no cool colour light bulbs :bangwall: Seems like we have to take a gamble with house brands plug-and-snap type, China made PLC available in most shops... So far in Baliestier and Jln Besar, we found a pendant light for dining area - almost look alike to May's - that we like slightly more than others 'decent' looking ones for S$380.

I agree with you 100% - I love how good lighting decors can bring out the ambience, so even with limited spaces, we intend to get a few standing or table lamps as well :D

Thanks for all your advice!

Anytime, sethho. S$380 for a dining light seems reasonable. Let me know how else I can help :)

Hi patsy, I was having an open invitation on my blog to all to come. You can come too....

Never mind, we will wait for ely's. :)

Yep, think mine is next in line :) I'll keep everyone posted.

Was also great meeting RB last night for drinks - HUGE ang moh guy who had me in stitches telling me his experience with a Thai massage. Too funny. RB is great to get along with, superbly funny, and an incredibly sweet guy.

- Ely