Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

I got all of mine from lightings.com - one T5 for $15, a 2x13W downlight for $24 (with the nicer casement), one halogen for $13. Thought that was pretty reasonable.

-Ely

Very cheap!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh... and I am still waiting for your input along with May and a number of others on the 'Internet shopping guide'.

I have put in links for inflatable 4 person hot tub for under S$1K (plus delivery) and an inflatable British Pub and a water powered jetpack......

Come one, come all..... add to the RT internet shopping knowledge.

RB

I actually wrote a really lonnggggg post but my **** laptop crashed. Will try to recreate the post best to my memory again tonight if not too tired. :) Stay tuned for personal tips from the Queen herself! :lol:

- Ely

I actually wrote a really lonnggggg post but my **** laptop crashed. Will try to recreate the post best to my memory again tonight if not too tired. :) Stay tuned for personal tips from the Queen herself! :lol:

- Ely

Cool, I will try to check back sometime over the weekend but tend to be pretty busy when not at work :o. Nah... I am busy at work fighting the good fight too boss :D.

RB

No one has met me... yet. I'm more like a comely badger :P

Sharp teeth, lives in the ground, the nemesis of farmers ;)

/whisper I know, that was pretty funny actually!

Yes I am sure it was :P.

Not laying any bets yet but I think yours might be the HTS~ :rolleyes:

You may be surprised. HTS is just a means to an end. Great movies or music. Animals are wonderful too what with my parents always having cats as well.

Off to catch my sons briefing for his exchange trip to New Zealand next weekend. Oh the fun of being told at 4pm that it is on tonight at 6:30......

RB

yah been bz meeting up with IDs and thinking of my kitchen layout blah blah. thus no updates for my blog yet. so far have not seen any layout which i like. tonight will meet up with another id. hopefully can get some ideas from them. but IDs pricing are real ex!

only manage to buy a serta king sized bed for my room! been looking around for wcs...hmmm so many brands until i dunno what to choose! and contemplating to hv a massage bathtub for 2! it will definitely be a luxury for both of us since the tub can fit for 2 pax. counting counting ...hope dun burn a hole in my pocket so dun dare buy anything else first!

OOh, a tub for two - sounds like lots of bubbles and giggles ;)

Still no ID yet? Am surprised since you've been on RT for quite a bit. Yes, the quotations from ID can vary ALOOOTTT so shop around till you find yourself you're comfortable with and willing to work within your budget.

Used to have a tub but it was under-utilised we hacked it off for a larger shower area instead and never regretted it. Kinda like a pool - one of those luxuries you find yourself not using as much as the initial novelty wears off. Almost all the places I lived in in Australia had tubs and hardly ever used them either, but that could be just me :) Tubs are soooo welcomed at hotels when on holidays though - always enjoy a nice hot soak with bath salts and petals. mmm.

- Ely

Artistic!

Thank you, Drexter! :) I'm certain I'm going to love it!

Very cheap!

Now you know where to get your lights from too :)

- Ely

Thank you, Drexter! :) I'm certain I'm going to love it!

Now you know where to get your lights from too :)

- Ely

Already gotten my lights. Btw your T5 $15 is how many feet?

You may be surprised. HTS is just a means to an end. Great movies or music. Animals are wonderful too what with my parents always having cats as well.

RB

The pets are not part of the decor!! *sulk*

- Ely

Sis Ely

I can't believe your reno takes much longer than my Extreme Makeover!

Well, I hope all your hiccups wil be ending soon! :)

Currently the schedule is:

FRIDAY (Today): Outdoor blinds, plumber

SATURDAY: Electrician

MONDAY: Painting

WED: Carpentry, cleaning, couch delivery

FRIDAY: Wallpaper

So, moving in next Saturday! :)

Hi Ely, so happy for you when I saw this post. In case I don't post anything in your T-Blog the next few days, know that I'm still lurking :P and silently rooting for you k?

And you definitely have a special place. If nothing else, all your art works and interesting imported stuff definitely makes your apartment stand out from the other renovations in Singapore. Besides, the Shopping QueenTM title is not bestowed without reason y'know. :D

So jia you! Almost there and am eagerly anticipating your completed apartment pics when it's all pretty n neat k?

Btw, with all your talk about zodiac signs, I went to check mine and one Taurus woman trait is "Nature and aesthetic beauty are very important to a Taurus woman. She enjoys being outside and looking for beautiful views or places that are particularly camera-friendly. Generally, she's happiest in an artistic space or when she can surround herself with objects that she finds pleasing to look at.".

Henceforth, I'll blame my uncontrollable desire for pretty things on my innate Taurean trait! I can' help it when those pretty things cost an arm n a leg too... :P

Sis Ely

I can't believe your reno takes much longer than my Extreme Makeover!

Well, I hope all your hiccups wil be ending soon! :)

Sis Mae,

Oh, please tell me about it. Thanks for the encouragement, I think we're finally getting there! /dance

Taking RB's advice:

TODAY (DAY 87): Granite top fitted, plumbing done (indeed the Deh Power is lacking in me - they told me they could only come Monday but the ID managed to get them down today - hurrah!), outdoor blinds fitted, errant couch removed!

SATURDAY (DAY 88): Electrician - the plumbers must have hit a wire while they were drilling into the kitchen cabinet - the power is cut despite all my flicking efforts at the DB box. Electrician will come in the morning to check it out, install outstanding T5 lights, with the mirrored cabinet's light still pending.

MONDAY (DAY 90): Final paint job

TUESDAY (DAY 91): General wash & cleaning

WEDNESDAY (DAY 92): Carpentry (mirrored cabinet, shelves for common bedroom, replacement of chipped laminates on kitchen island and misfitting wardrobe drawer), couch delivery

THURSDAY (DAY 93): Electrician again, (+ personal packing & cleaning)

FRIDAY (DAY 94): Wallpaper (+ DIY decal application)

SATURDAY (DAY 95): Pop a bottle of champagne, watch Avatar and sleep on new white sheets!!

- Ely