Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

That is true - I believe, too, that it's the accents that make it a home, while the furnishings only make it functional, and a place to live in. I'm not yet done with Phase 2, sigh - seems like a while to go before I can tear myself away from the constant cleaning to do run several errands to get what I need (ha! Not *everything* is from online k!). I'm simply doing the cheapskate route by DIY-ing most of it.

I think DIY is best if you have a creative streak. More of a personal touch and you'll have stories to tell about each item vs store-bought ones. For me, not so creative lar so I'll just have to do more leg-work and spend more. :dunno:

Anyway a separate Phase 2 at year-end is good. My wallet needs some rest! :bleah:

Any time for more photos? :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm now dealing with scrubbing in between ridiculous tiles to get rid of soap scum and such with a friggin toothbrush DAILY! AHHH! The cleaning never ever stops. :(

i know many forumers use those melamine cleaning sponge for Daiso to clean grouting. maybe you can try, probably no soap scum for this..... :P

and perhaps, perhaps, after a few weeks, you will stop cleaning it daily....................... :lol:

Well, Bondi is not opposed to wearing matching collars (that would look pretty cute eh?) but if he REALLY wants to be different and steal the bride's thunder, I can always order the Hello Kitty Transformer Kit:

cat.jpg

:D

- Ely

wahahahahhaha this one is funny :rofl: but i'd prefer Bondi in his original look cos he definitely looks better than Hello Kitty! :)

i know many forumers use those melamine cleaning sponge for Daiso to clean grouting. maybe you can try, probably no soap scum for this..... :P

and perhaps, perhaps, after a few weeks, you will stop cleaning it daily....................... :lol:

wahahahahhaha this one is funny :rofl: but i'd prefer Bondi in his original look cos he definitely looks better than Hello Kitty! :)

Doubt I'll ever stop cleaning - I now have designated cleaning boxes for each area, complete with sponges, scourers, cleaners and toothbrush and I clean the shower area everytime I take a shower. Totally crazy!! :bangwall: Will look for that once I finally get my as* to Daiso :P

I think I need to make it mandatory for The Husband to spray the walls and shower screen with water after each bath - it would definitely lessen the cleaning.

Or how about a cheaper alternative for Bondi? Melon or something? My mom tried it with a huge pomelo :lol: but none of the pets were very keen models~

catmelonhead.jpg

- Ely

lol ely, that's an old pic but never fails to crack me up. i do like the hello kitty one, totally would suit one of my silly cats since he is such a total pussy. :rofl:

i know what you must do when u come visit my place, CLEAN for me.... :yeah:

I think DIY is best if you have a creative streak. More of a personal touch and you'll have stories to tell about each item vs store-bought ones. For me, not so creative lar so I'll just have to do more leg-work and spend more. :dunno:

Anyway a separate Phase 2 at year-end is good. My wallet needs some rest! :bleah:

Any time for more photos? :notti:

I'm not that creative to be honest, but I try :P I enjoy working with my hands and love the satisfaction of creating something myself so that makes up for all the imperfections. I'm too impatient to wait for a later stage Phase 2 so am trying to cram everything within this month haha! Already ordered some knick-knacks online so am very excited to see them in person:-

Some kitschy rugs:

urban-outfitters-indoor-rugs-2x3-coloring-book-floral-printed-rug.jpg

urban-outfitters-2x3-hand-drawn-lace-printed-rug.jpg

Kitty tuffed rug:

urban-outfitters-indoor-rugs-kitty-tufted-rug.jpg

Phase 2 pics will include the new rugs and accents, like art and when I finally get around to it, framed pictures :P

- Ely

lol ely, that's an old pic but never fails to crack me up. i do like the hello kitty one, totally would suit one of my silly cats since he is such a total pussy. :rofl:

i know what you must do when u come visit my place, CLEAN for me.... :yeah:

LOL yes it still makes me laugh, like some geek youtube videos like Leeroy Jeeeeeennnnkins etc. Makes me miss my old gaming days :P

Sorry Sleek, unless I'm provided with a French Maid outfit, I'm already contracted to do DAILY cleaning at this place which boasts shiny, shiny surfaces and a cat that sheds enough fur daily to make an entire hamster~

- Ely

Doubt I'll ever stop cleaning - I now have designated cleaning boxes for each area, complete with sponges, scourers, cleaners and toothbrush and I clean the shower area everytime I take a shower. Totally crazy!! :bangwall: Will look for that once I finally get my as* to Daiso :P

I think I need to make it mandatory for The Husband to spray the walls and shower screen with water after each bath - it would definitely lessen the cleaning.

Or how about a cheaper alternative for Bondi? Melon or something? My mom tried it with a huge pomelo :lol: but none of the pets were very keen models~

catmelonhead.jpg

- Ely

OMG, the pic is hilarious! Cracks me up too. I love the expression...

I'm not that creative to be honest, but I try :P I enjoy working with my hands and love the satisfaction of creating something myself so that makes up for all the imperfections. I'm too impatient to wait for a later stage Phase 2 so am trying to cram everything within this month haha! Already ordered some knick-knacks online so am very excited to see them in person:-

Phase 2 pics will include the new rugs and accents, like art and when I finally get around to it, framed pictures :P

- Ely

Yay, Shopping QueenTM got more loots! Now I know who to ask if I have enough money for some art pieces.

I think we are very excited to see them too. :notti:

Sorry Sleek, unless I'm provided with a French Maid outfit, I'm already contracted to do DAILY cleaning at this place which boasts shiny, shiny surfaces and a cat that sheds enough fur daily to make an entire hamster~

- Ely

So if we get you a french maid outfit you'll clean for us? DEAL!!! :deal:

So if we get you a french maid outfit you'll clean for us? DEAL!!! :deal:

I demand photographic evidence.

Ely in a maids outfit...cleaning, can or not... doesn't matter :P.

I wonder if I buy my wife a cooks outfit whether she will start cooking :D.

RB

I wonder if I buy my wife a cooks outfit whether she will start cooking :D.

RB

If this works, you best let me know where you bought the outfit from.

There's an assortment at buyfrenchmaidcostumes.com ~ They even come complete with feather dusters~ :rolleyes:

french-maid-costumes.jpg

Unfortunately, my current outfit at home (much to The Husband's demise) is shorts and singlet with a hairband and hair pulled back for the ultimate housewife look~ Not sure if you can get any cleaning done donning that Maid outfit though... :P

- Ely

Unfortunately, my current outfit at home (much to The Husband's demise) is shorts and singlet with a hairband and hair pulled back for the ultimate housewife look

"Much to your husbands demise" ? You planning on killing him ?. Is that your black widow costume ?. If so I really don't think you should advertise on an internet forum. Maybe the earlier serial killer comment was a bit closer than I thought :D.

Sorry but really could not resist. Maybe much to your husbands disappointment (possibly an auto spell check incorrect substitution in the previous post ?) was closer ;).

~ Not sure if you can get any cleaning done donning that Maid outfit though... :P

Not if the hubby is around :o.

If it works I will buy up all the stock and sell them myself. Special discount to RT member :good:.

RB

DAY 112

After finally resolving our plumbing issue (The Husband was ingenious enough to figure out what was wrong - we removed the closing valve in the other steel trap to allow the one in the shower area to drain through, after pouring down bottles and bottles of those pipe cleaner stuff), we now have an electrical tripping problem. Not sure what triggered it. It started when I was putting the shepherd's pie in the oven last night, and now everything seems to be tripping even when the mains to the oven isn't on. Most odd. :dunno: Now, nothing is turned on except for the fan in the balcony and that keeps tripping too.

The electrician should be coming in soon for the final T5 lights for the bathroom's cabinet, and I'll ask him to check it then.

I'm just wondering when this would ever, ever end. It seems there is always something to fix or do for the place. Last week, we ordered a brand new Samsung digital lock and installed it professionally because we couldn't figure out what went wrong with our self-installation. It would only work for 1 day, before eating all the batteries up. We ended up using the key for the digital lock for a month before deciding to engage a professional. We'll probably install the spare on the backdoor (security overkill omgah) since we've now learnt the problem was our installation of the casement, which didn't allow direct connection to the wires, or something. Or whatever. :bangwall:

My Asus laptop is dying. Again. Sigh. More reformatting ahead.

Bondi, who was never a scratcher, is now scratching our furniture! *gasp* Whatever happened to TWBC?? (The World's Best Cat tm) :o

ON A GOOD NOTE

We're finally getting the hang of our HTS, though fumblingly so. Managed to get the movies I left on an external HDD transferred to the NAS, set up e-printing, got some vintage Bally pictures done for the vanity (stuck with masking tape for a raw Hollywood look haha!). Ideally, they should be inserted into the sides of the lights against the mirror, but I need something to disguise the ugly walls! :D

- Ely

...we now have an electrical tripping problem. Not sure what triggered it. It started when I was putting the shepherd's pie in the oven last night, and now everything seems to be tripping even when the mains to the oven isn't on. Most odd. :dunno: Now, nothing is turned on except for the fan in the balcony and that keeps tripping too.

Sounds like you have a short in the system somewhere. Possibly a loose wire worked itself loose in a socket.

We had someone come round to pick something up I was selling (forget what it was now) and 10 minutes before they arrived, all power went out with a bang. I reset the MCBs outside and it went again with a bang and light over in the corner of the study area. I turned everything off in the study area by the plugs and reset the MCB and it all worked fine. I slowly turned the sockets back on in the study area until a loud bang, sparks inside the socket and all power was off again. Did the same turnoff->turn on one at a time again on the 6 way extension connected to that socket until I narrowed it down to the power lead for my PC. Changed the lead and no more power off. The faulty lead was moulded with no sign of wear or damage. Threw it away and have been good ever since.

Have you tried unplugging everything rather than just turning it all off. Standby can have quite a power draw on the circuit. is it the same MCB (the block that replaces where fuses used to be in the consumer unit usually by the front door) that trips every time. If so then working out which circuit it is connected to should allow you to use the other ones. You can then work through the devices on that circuit.

I recon it must be your sub overloading the circuit, maybe you should sell it :P:D.

RB

"Much to your husbands demise" ? You planning on killing him ?. Is that your black widow costume ?. If so I really don't think you should advertise on an internet forum. Maybe the earlier serial killer comment was a bit closer than I thought :D.

Sorry but really could not resist. Maybe much to your husbands disappointment (possibly an auto spell check incorrect substitution in the previous post ?) was closer ;).

Not if the hubby is around :o.

You're absolutely correct - should have used "disappointment" instead, or "disgruntlement" would be closer :P

That should really the official uniform of the Obedient Wives Club~ :rolleyes:

- Ely