Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
taik08

Resale Flats With In-built And Wallpapers

Hi,

I am on the hunt for resale flats recently and saw that there are some unit which has many in-built wardrobe/cupboards and even wallpapers.

How much to remove such in-built stuffs? After removing them, need to repair the wall? If so, how much would it cost?

What abt wallpaper? What is the cost of removing the wallpaper?

Do you also nego with the seller to remove them first or to give discount on COV?

Thanks.

Edited by taik08

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I am on the hunt for resale flats recently and saw that there are some unit which has many in-built wardrobe/cupboards and even wallpapers.

How much to remove such in-built stuffs? After removing them, need to repair the wall? If so, how much would it cost?

Do you also nego with the seller to remove them first or to give discount on COV?

Thanks.

u buy the flat 'as it is' condition. u ask them for discount for all the wallpapers and built in wardrobe chances are u will never hear from them again. plenty of other buyers available for them.

Hi,

Thanks.

Seller will not want to remove it as normally in-built wardrobe/cupboards is included into the valuation report. If you planning to do a full reno, your ID will remove for you.

I would advise you to look for another flat, possibly one that is in move-in condition WITHOUT any built-in cabinets or wall papers.

However, chances are you may still need to pay a relatively high COV even for move-in conditions if the location is very good with amenities or a popular spot that's in great demand.

- Abt $100~$200 for removal & disposal of one "built-in" WR.

- Wall paper, very good luck to you liao. Need to hack wall later "make good" with plaster. A 5-rm plastering ( walls + ceiling) is abt $2k. Wall paper removal (hacking) I expect psf = $1.0

Theoretically, condition of items and which items to keep or dispose should be part of the COV$ negotiation process. But practically, sellers don't follow this rule.

I want to live in a house with reno according to my idea - If I view an unit with super nice reno with high COV, I will just walk away without hesitation. My intention was to hack away everything, restore it to my idea.That was why I paid only 10K for a "lok kok" unit.

If too much demolition cost + high cov, might as well forget the deaL Believe you have set the "budgets" within heart.

Hi,

Thanks.

- Abt $100~$200 for removal & disposal of one "built-in" WR.

- Wall paper, very good luck to you liao. Need to hack wall later "make good" with plaster. A 5-rm plastering ( walls + ceiling) is abt $2k. Wall paper removal (hacking) I expect psf = $1.0

Theoretically, condition of items and which items to keep or dispose should be part of the COV$ negotiation process. But practically, sellers don't follow this rule.

I want to live in a house with reno according to my idea - If I view an unit with super nice reno with high COV, I will just walk away without hesitation. My intention was to hack away everything, restore it to my idea.That was why I paid only 10K for a "lok kok" unit.

If too much demolition cost + high cov, might as well forget the deaL Believe you have set the "budgets" within heart.

Hi bepgof,

Thanks for the valuable information.

Actually not all the walls have wallpaper... like maybe just 1 or 2 sides of the walls... So should cost few hundreds huh?

Wat's abt those TV feature wall? Roughly same cost as removal and disposal of built-in WR?

basically I will walk away any house has too many build in.

Keep it .. not ur style. see liao headache

hack it. $$$$

Construction takes time while destruction(demolition) very fast and easy, only concern is that these stuff are rather space-occuping, feature wall removal/disposal should be about the same. The total reno $ also plays a part

Bear in mind the labour cost for one odd job labourer in singapore is about $60-$80/per day. And rental of one 20 footer "rubbish car" is $380 for a week or shorter. And the contractor has to "earn a bit" for a living . So you can "agar agar" the manpower/day require for these demolition job.

Wall paper demolition is more tedious, take more time than usual's "whack/hack/remove", and need to "make good" to the wall by plastering.

For your info: Hacking wall tiles for whole kitchen (5 rm, pt block type) costs $500, floor tiles(kitchen)-$300, dismantle/disposal kitchen cabinet-$250.

Common tiolet (wall +floor) tiles removal -$370, $280 for MBR.

Hi bepgof,

Thanks for the valuable information.

Actually not all the walls have wallpaper... like maybe just 1 or 2 sides of the walls... So should cost few hundreds huh?

Wat's abt those TV feature wall? Roughly same cost as removal and disposal of built-in WR?

Edited by bepgof

basically I will walk away any house has too many build in.

Keep it .. not ur style. see liao headache

hack it. $$$$

sometimes the problem is that we like the location and the design (nt the interior design) of the unit...

its simply u cant have the best of both world.one very good word in english.Compromise. Atleast the most impt factor location is there 4 u..cheers

we used to put up and remove wall paper in our own home (my mom's a real handyman) - hacking wasn't then required to remove wall paper. we used a certain kind of spatula that skimmed the wall paper off in nice broad and long ribbons which left the walls largely intact - can ask the DIY or wall paper shops for pointers or references too, before gauging how much it would cost you to remove the wall paper (in terms of money, time, effort)