Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yamkc58

Veneer Trimming vs ABS Trimming

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

h4happy,

The veneer are usually for tv console & wardrobe (where nice fine feel is required). Where as abs trimming" are more for longer lasting (where constant access like study table or kitchen cabinets as will be more harder to scratch of edges compares to veneer finishing.

Here is my "veneer" (tv console)...note not completed yet as the edges will be stained with matching colors... and laminate "abs trimming" (storage cabinet doors). Hope you can see the difference from the pics otherwise ask your ID to show you as what tingshen mentioned.

Cheers

Venner:

195214068-L.jpg

ABS trimming:

195214028-L.jpg

195218638-L.jpg

Any pic to show veneer and abs trimming???

Big Thanks!:)

Edited by lifestyle

my kitchen had very bad workmanship. they dont provide abs trimmings for the cabinets..any recommendation on how i can put up the trimmings myself? or how to save the cabinets..mine is white cabinets and some brown wood or the black glue can be seen.

• Like 1

If you want the door panel look unify, if your kitchen door is in veneer finish, the veneer edge banding is the best finish.

The pvc or abs are also a good option, as normally the veneer thickness is 0.3-0.5MM, but the PVC or ABS could reach 2MM, so PVC or ABS is much endurable. Another think, if you ask which one is eaisly peel off, I should say this depend on the edge banding machine and the glue when using PVC or ABS.

is abs trimming only used on cabinets' door? how about the sides of a countertop.. there will be tiny gap where u see the wood... can abs trimming be applied on countertop?

veneer is real wood, thin pieces that are glued onto multiple plywood e.g.

laminate is man made, thus last longer

obviously veneer looks and feels better, and more like wood, with the grains

but nowadays laminates mimic the wood very well but cant compare

some pple say laminate and veneer have the same price, some says veneer cost 20-50% more

i dont know why