Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ljas1370

Hdb Flat Exterior Wall - Rain Water Got Into My Master Bedroom

Hi All,

I need your advice and help. I bought a 5 room HDB flat 6 months ago and did laminated flooring for the whole house except the kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Recently I noticed my laminated flooring in my master bedroom got warp and is quite serious. When I step on it I can see water slipping out of the side gap. I got the laminated flooring contractor to come and check and when they open up those laminated flooring wood, I got a shock in my life, there was alot of water. Intially I though the leakage was from my master bedroom, but from the it is not so. They said it the exterior wall that is giving the problem. rain water comes in from the wall eventhough we close our window. Now I have to redo my master bedroom laminated flooring. My question is can I make HDB accountable for the cost of re laminate the floor? Pls kindly advise. Thanks so much.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All,

I need your advice and help. I bought a 5 room HDB flat 6 months ago and did laminated flooring for the whole house except the kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Recently I noticed my laminated flooring in my master bedroom got warp and is quite serious. When I step on it I can see water slipping out of the side gap. I got the laminated flooring contractor to come and check and when they open up those laminated flooring wood, I got a shock in my life, there was alot of water. Intially I though the leakage was from my master bedroom, but from the it is not so. They said it the exterior wall that is giving the problem. rain water comes in from the wall eventhough we close our window. Now I have to redo my master bedroom laminated flooring. My question is can I make HDB accountable for the cost of re laminate the floor? Pls kindly advise. Thanks so much.

You must be very heart pain over your new laminated flooring. :(

I know HDB is responsible for repairing external walls + pay for cost of repairing of external walls.

But so far, I never hear HDB helping houseowners to pay for cost of replacing things inside the house.

It will be good for you to give HDB a call.

I know how u could deal with such a situation becox I faced the same issue myself at the balcony, study room & the common room which were corroded on the exterior in view of the hot afternoon sun.

U will need to contact your estate's town council and they will follow up with you. However, you need to identify the place where the water seeped through. Then, town council will be able to do the repair works from the exterior.

Free of charge.

You need evidences to prove the fault lies with HDB.

- Those older flat like mine (32 yr) has nothing "protruding" out on top of windows. After downpour, observed that pool of water collected at horizontal edges of epoxy window frames. Sometimes the poll of water over flow and "come in".

- What I did was to hammer the horizontal frame bend slight outward, so there is no chance of "collection" of rain water.

Observe and find out what's wrong first before alarming TC.

Hi All,

Edited by bepgof