Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sng28

Carpentry Material Enquiry (int And Ext)

Hi bros and sisters gurus!

I would like to enquire if anyone of you tried to ask for solid plywood carcass and doors for all your carpentry works? I'm looking at a handful of carpentry and though its best to seek clarifications with you guys as my quotation from some ids and contractors varies quite a fair bit and I'm not too sure what type of materials i shld ask and not mk myself look really duh...the i mean is it reasonable for me to tell my contractors or id i wan for ALL carpentry works i wan solid plywood carcass , door with laminates finishes ? is it not the norm ....or i'm just being too greedy and unrealistic here

L-Kitchen cabinet 33ft

study table 4ft

dress table 4ft

open concept wardrobe full height 9.5 ft

suspended console 6ft

bed storage frame with side table king size

build in full heigher wardrobe again 2.5 ft

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi bros and sisters gurus!

I would like to enquire if anyone of you tried to ask for solid plywood carcass and doors for all your carpentry works? I'm looking at a handful of carpentry and though its best to seek clarifications with you guys as my quotation from some ids and contractors varies quite a fair bit and I'm not too sure what type of materials i shld ask and not mk myself look really duh...the i mean is it reasonable for me to tell my contractors or id i wan for ALL carpentry works i wan solid plywood carcass , door with laminates finishes ? is it not the norm ....or i'm just being too greedy and unrealistic here

L-Kitchen cabinet 33ft

study table 4ft

dress table 4ft

open concept wardrobe full height 9.5 ft

suspended console 6ft

bed storage frame with side table king size

build in full heigher wardrobe again 2.5 ft

You are not too greedy definitely! You should insist with your carpenter on laminate solid plywood and NOT The cheap white PVC faced plywood inside of your cabinet. The white pvc peels, scratches and turned yellow like my house csbinets! There is no reason why my Sister's carpenter id can do it with laminate inside at PVC prices and yours cannot. Unless you get chopped!

I just seen my Sister did their wardrobe cabinets and kitchen with internal laminates on solid plywood at the same price compared with other quotes that she got from 3 other carpenters IDs. They ordered from Blve & Blue Design Works for $100 per ft run for kitchens with internal Donotti Italy laminates in the cabinet inside and shelves and also laminates outside on doors with ABS edges, PLUS Revo soft closing hinges and soft closing drawer slides, and stainless steel soft closing hinges for their sink cabinet. No extra charge for soft closing hinges and slides and stainless steel hinges! Workmanship is good. The stainless steel hinges is a great idea and you see my current kitchen hinges, they rust very quickly after only a few months and I asked my contractor why, he bull****ed me that that is no such thing as non rusting hinges. I have no choice but to accept it at that time.

For wardrobe they chose a very nice wood grain laminate for both the inside and outside cabinet for $220 per ft run with soft closing drawer slides at no extra charge. She told that she went for the same laminate inside instead of the normal cabinet laminate which is cheaper at $200 per ft run because it is a lot nicer. No more the cheap and problematic PVC plywood she said.

WOW!!! What a great deal! I am getting my keys at the end of this year, I will do the same too.

Edited by Kovan9988

If you want better quality, use solid plywood extra. Meaning, use thicker solid plywood over and above what is normally in the market, especially for shelfs.

I think having laminate inside and outside look better than plain white interior. In addition, for certain parts, you may want to consider doing chengai wood eg. on the doors, so that the wardrobe will look really great and the quality is definitely much better than plywood.

Cheers!