Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

Hi hi,

We are also going to do renovation soon as well Aug this yr.

May I know what are the good deals in this GSS period?

Besides, I am eyeing on the Electrolux. Below is the things I order.

Washer EWF85661 -- S$570

Dryer EDV605 -- S$470

HOOD EFC9533X -- S$580

OVEN EB31002X -- S$660

HOD EGT9233SX -- S$490

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

GSS will be over in less than a month. i dunno if electrolux has any sales going on, but i usually check out sat papers for sales which is why we headed over to gain city.

anyways, good to read up on reviews before buying. must research research research :)

If u are particular abt country of manufacture for fridges... do double chk as 8 models out of 10 models of fisher & pykel(electrolux fridges & washers too - only the higher end ones are not) are made in thailand.(was actually considering their fridges) Chk ard the fridge for the sticker indicating country of manufacture, usually its the almost $2k ones that are made in Oz.

We've been looking for a fridge for a while. My criteria is very simple, just one actually. It needs to be bottom freezer (so that the veg compartment is at my waist level thereabouts; hubby and I are rabbits). In terms of fridge size, we're looking for something that is between 370 - 420L thereabouts. Don't need too big, as it's only the two of us, and we live pretty close to a wet market and an NTUC so there is no need for us to stock up on groceries or food.

Currently we have cut down our shortlist to the following 2 brands - Panasonic and Fisher and Paykel.

Panasonic - NR-C376MX-S6

NR_C376MX_S6_wb.jpg

Inverter Compressor

Adjusts the rotation speed to circumstances with different rotation speeds

Energy Saving, Quick Freezing, Low Noise Operation

Hygienic Auto Ice Maker

Washable Ice Making Tray and Washable Water Supply Pipe

Enables removal of parts and thorough washing

Quick freezing with -40C cool air blow to keep food fresh and tasty

Reduces drip and less frost formation on meat and fish

Fisher and Paykel - E402BRE

E442BRE_exterior_600px_400.jpg

Active Smart™ system

Frost Free

Humidity Control System

Full Extension Runners

Why these 2 models was because they are made in their home countries (Japan and New Zealand, respectively) rather than in Thailand, Malaysia etc which is the case for established brands like Mitsubishi etc.

Hubby is quite interested in the inverter compressor for Panasonic which he thought is quite impt since the fridge is going to be used 24/7.

Anyone have used any of the above two and have any comments?

Other brands that I should look at (must be bottom freezer)???

If u are particular abt country of manufacture for fridges... do double chk as 8 models out of 10 models of fisher & pykel(electrolux fridges & washers too - only the higher end ones are not) are made in thailand.(was actually considering their fridges) Chk ard the fridge for the sticker indicating country of manufacture, usually its the almost $2k ones that are made in Oz.

Yeah, we did check. In fact most fridges and WMs are made in Thailand and Malaysia. I did check for the sticker as well, that's why shortlisted to these 2 models :).

The all important notice on the start of our hacking! Well, actually not this, but I thought this one is cuter, while the other more official. Noticed that some the pictures in the poster have already been doodled on?

photo-1.jpg

This is the only interesting picture after the hacking... Hubby took a look at this and thought aloud "Actually I quite like this wall, can we keep it for the industrial look?" Of course the answer is no.

Here's hubby walking to the common toilet to take a look.

photo2.jpg

having such limited space have led us to rethink our kitchen island. ID advised that lack of storage space may pose a problem if our family grows.

meanwhile, have checked out some sites. seeing that japanese living areas have much smaller spaces, decided to surf around and came up with http://www.toyokitchen.co.jp

09_W003.jpg

photo-premium_inocristal_main.jpg

seems like its gonna be super expensive.

Hacking's done and this week is wet works.

We received this quote from the electrician recommended by our ID. Would need advice from the experts here...Are we being overcharged here? All the small little costs just add up to this huge scary number. :(

ElectricalCosting.jpg

Ours was almost 2.8k as we rewired the whole place.... i think we bargained it dwn to approx $2.6k but now when we look bk, we feel that he was worth every cent due to the quality and the fact that he was a perfectionist and not just an executor. In conclusion (i sound like grandma..) U might find a cheaper electrician... but it not be a better one..... so far i think yr quote is rather reasonable. Are u doing a whole apt. rewiring?

We received this quote from the electrician recommended by our ID. Would need advice from the experts here...Are we being overcharged here? All the small little costs just add up to this huge scary number. :(

ElectricalCosting.jpg

Ours was almost 2.8k as we rewired the whole place.... i think we bargained it dwn to approx $2.6k but now when we look bk, we feel that he was worth every cent due to the quality and the fact that he was a perfectionist and not just an executor. In conclusion (i sound like grandma..) U might find a cheaper electrician... but it not be a better one..... so far i think yr quote is rather reasonable. Are u doing a whole apt. rewiring?

no, not the whole house. there are some existing wiring which we don't intend to replace. maybe just the bulbs. but we've seen some quotes in this forum which is more affordable than us. but definitely will take into account on the electrician's reliability. we dunno about this guy yet.

rr

I hope u'll be able to get your ideal electrical quote... electrical costs are quite scary.....

no, not the whole house. there are some existing wiring which we don't intend to replace. maybe just the bulbs. but we've seen some quotes in this forum which is more affordable than us. but definitely will take into account on the electrician's reliability. we dunno about this guy yet.

rr

ElectricalCosting.jpg

Consider very reasonable...at least cheaper than my electrician. :yamseng: