Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

Question for discussion -

What type of curtains should I get for the mid-century modern living room?

I really like roman blinds, but I think it doesn't go with the mid-century modern look.

I like roller blinds for the "clean" look, but I think it is too plain.

I like the venetian blinds in Defelio's living room.

Normal day/night curtains seems a little too grand and too classic with the gathers and the tiebacks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yr reno is looking good :)

We used roller blinds for the living room and neutral coloured fabric curtains for our room to cozy up the bedroom. the other bedrooms have not been decided on.. ha! (too broke to think!, that'll be phase 2)

yr reno is looking good :)

We used roller blinds for the living room and neutral coloured fabric curtains for our room to cozy up the bedroom. the other bedrooms have not been decided on.. ha! (too broke to think!, that'll be phase 2)

I can't wait to see phase 2 of your renovation! :) Must continue to update your blog!

This week is completion of plumbing works and painting. I can't wait to move in... but looks like I will only be moving in in mid-Sep thereabouts.

We also FINALLY finished our shopping for our bathrooms (took more than 1 month and countless trips to Balestier, Jln Besar, even Bangkok!)

Thailand really has some of the best and most creative young designers in Southeast Asia. And they have a great deal of pride in and local support for homegrown talent. In other parts of Asia, we pride ourselves on buying fake designer knockoffs... :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised that of all the countries in Asia, it is Thailand that has a local edition of Wallpaper*. They really do enjoy and celebrate original design.

Thailand really has some of the best and most creative young designers in Southeast Asia. And they have a great deal of pride in and local support for homegrown talent. In other parts of Asia, we pride ourselves on buying fake designer knockoffs... :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised that of all the countries in Asia, it is Thailand that has a local edition of Wallpaper*. They really do enjoy and celebrate original design.

I agree! They really celebrate it as well. When we visited the Crystal Design Centre, there are so many smaller shops selling their own designs. Imagine it being a bit like the Far East Plaza for design, except that a lot of it are original, rather than imported from elsewhere.

Edited by strikingreality

I really like roman blinds, but I think it doesn't go with the mid-century modern look.

Normal day/night curtains seems a little too grand and too classic with the gathers and the tiebacks.

How about wooden blinds? They aren't too difficult to clean, and are almost fully retractable.

While rottenramone is enjoying himself doing a 2nd round of home shopping in Bangkok, I waited at my house for my items to arrive at my place!

I must commend the great service of Henry, the boss from Royal Fanco. He personally delivered all the items to my place and checked through every single item. Poor guy, for he had to bring the really heavy Arino Caprio from 1 level down as my place have not undergone lift upgrading yet.

I also met up with Debbie from 11 November curtains. Very jovial and friendly lady who was never short of recommendations for the curtains. Had a great time looking through all the options and chatting with her. I like her service. Waiting for her quotation which she said would get back to me by the end of tomorrow.

How about wooden blinds? They aren't too difficult to clean, and are almost fully retractable.

Hahah, my mum said that it's not difficult to clean as you can just wipe it, but the frequency of cleaning has to be much higher!

But I asked Debbie from 11 Nov to quote this for me anyway!

I like the black and white blinds in Defelio's living room though.

<3 the toilet tiles.

I used to have roller blinds at my old place and we got a really clean look that you spoke about, but the problem was that whenever we opened the window, the bottom bar will clack against the frames.

Have wanted to change to curtains ever since and when I got the chance, we did it. The white curtains from my place were salvaged by my wife from my sister-in-law's home. A wash and a quick edit later, they are as good as new! A little bit of discolouration, but it adds to the 'wabi-sabi' look!

I think fabrics really soften up the living space.

Edited by JumpStreet

am returning to singapore tmr after a long trip to bkk. managed to see joe's beautiful objects, which is located at ekkamai soi 18. it's actually a residence, a mid century modern residence to be exact. every architectural idea u see in the 1960s it's at that house. which makes it pretty **** retrocool. like hawaii 50, he also has clients from singapore.

http://www.joe-bo50.com/

Some pictorial update...

IMG_1748.jpg

MBR bathroom - very "safe" choice.

IMG_1744.jpg

The common bathroom one is incomplete in this picture this is without the grouting. Couldn't find a completed one with the grouting done.

I absolutely love the toilet tiles. :) Looking good...

I also like the common bathroom tiles! Will workmanship b more expensive?

No leh... my ID didn't charge us more for workmanship. He also absorbed the cost for the panadol tiles which cost like $8 per 30cm by 30cm piece.