Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

sorry to ask a stupid question, can the bathroom the ugly pipe be covered?? i think my resale flat have that too.

I think if you want you can box it up, however HDB stipulates that when you sell the unit, you will have to remove the box up and reinstate to original condition when the HDB officer visits your unit to check for illegal alteration.

Not entirely sure of this, it's best if you check with your contractor/ID.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The last time we were watching election results 3 months ago, we were in our Goodwood Park Hotel hotel suite after our wedding banquet. So watching election results again today on CNA is kinda Deja vu. :)

While waiting for the returning officer, here are some updates. I think we have seen most changes in the flat this week in the entire renovations!

- Toilets, showers and the sink in the toilets have been fixed! Love the toilets! :) tested the showers as well and happy to report water pressure is v good! :)

- halfway through the painting. Love the colours we eventually chosen.

- cement screed is up! :)

- laminates are in and will be done next week.

Finally things are moving faster!

some iphone pics:

IMG_1875.jpg

the living room still has some stuff lying around

IMG_1883.jpg

laminates from supreme have arrived. light colours for living room, dark for rooms. wall painted a nice grey colour.

IMG_1879.jpg

dining wall screeded

IMG_1885.jpg

common toilet fittings up

IMG_1887.jpg

rainshower

We've been scouting around for lights and electronics the past week. Lights is a big headache in my opinion, cuz there isn't much that seem to catch our fancy. So it's scouting after scouting. Think this week we will visit Pan Tech in Jurong East.

The good thing though, is that we just bought 2 Artemide Mesmeri Wall Light at a good price from another new homeowner who imported them directly from Italy. :)

l_ARTMESMERI.jpg

Hi where can I find this light and how much does it cost? Thanks!

painting works continue today when we inspected the site. i wanted a completely white balcony to have a clean look. it's not complete yet, but will take pics after uncle painter is done with it.

IMG_1772.jpg

imaginary kitchen counter

IMG_1746.jpg

imaginary kitchen peninsular

IMG_1871.jpg

imaginary mbr vanity top

Our ID told us yesterday that he is targetting to hand over our house to us by 15 September.

The only problem is, our dining lights will only be dispatched from the retailer on 16 September! So we will be without dining lights for prob 2 weeks! Will prob also have to get (ie. pay) someone to help us install the lamps.

Another shock from yesterday was my vanity light arrived at vpost yesterday and I got slapped with a astronomical shipping cost, as volumetric weight is >10kg. End up the lamp is not that cheap after all... but bo pian, cuz the Singapore seller does not have it in the colour I want. :(

LineTV.jpg

wondersSidetable.jpg

Great minds think alike! i know i seen this TV console on renotalk before... so its actually coming from your blog! :)

This is shortlisted on our to-buy list. Becos of its price, its still on the list. ha!

The things you are looking at are very relevant to us... but we tend to go for light wood version. Really excited to see your results. Post more pics! :D

Edited by Dreaming

Great minds think alike! i know i seen this TV console on renotalk before... so its actually coming from your blog! :)

This is shortlisted on our to-buy list. Becos of its price, its still on the list. ha!

The things you are looking at are very relevant to us... but we tend to go for light wood version. Really excited to see your results. Post more pics! :D

thanks! great to see ppl with similar tastes. i like the dark walnut version better but the light colour rocks as well. :-)

anyways we're meeting plenty of folks today. aircon guys from gain city, electrician, kitchen appliance delivery, laminate ppl from supreme. most of the basic works should be done, save the carpentry.

Writing directly from the flat now. The place is a hive of activity with the wet works ppl here doing correction, window ppl installing windows (duh), electricians installing lighting fixtures, GC Ppl installing air con! Laminates are done but guess what, they are wrong!!! They mixed up the laminates in the rooms and the living area!!!

After informing Supreme of the wrong flooring, within 4 hours they are back to remove the flooring and make good what they have done wrong. Gotta praise them for their promptness!! And boy do they work fast!! Within 8 min all the skirting is gone!!