Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

Kudos to all my seniors of mid century/scandi flat owners... Really make me super tempted too get my furnitures from bkk but anyone can guide me on how to ship it back? Will have to 偷师 alot of ideas and advice from everyone here ^^

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

there are a few shipping companies which does this, but i'm not sure. some shops offer overseas shipping, but others do not. i reckon you can drop the shops an email in the cdc website?

for hawaii 50, they offer overseas shipping to sg, so write to him for pricelist and shipping charges :)

there are a few shipping companies which does this, but i'm not sure. some shops offer overseas shipping, but others do not. i reckon you can drop the shops an email in the cdc website?

for hawaii 50, they offer overseas shipping to sg, so write to him for pricelist and shipping charges :)

Sorry what is CDC website?

Thanks thanks...

Besides Hawaii 50 what other furniture shop I can see from online.. Thinking maybe should do some research before I make the trip over

Edited by pinkwhale

This.... is.... really something! Makes me wish I had explored BKK for my furnishings. Did you guys buy any big items back?

Drool worthy stuff.

No, we didn't get any furnitures in the end. We wanted a armchair/ottoman, but was concerned about the space, so decided that they can wait until we have moved in. But all the items are really nice. Prices vary. Some items are quite reasonably priced, others are at Sg prices.

Our biggest item was a light fixture which weighed like 10kg. Made of glass, we originally intended to handcarry, but airport staff say cannot. So our total baggage was 50kg! Thankfully we are on a full serviced carrier and not a budget one.

We bought mostly lighting - downlights, table lights, pendent lights, ceiling lights, some bathroom fixtures, some cutlery/crockery and some decor stuff.

Yup yup find out about the shipping charges first and remember to add 7% to the total cost of item + shipping, cuz Singapore Customs will tax you 7% for importing the items.

Thanks for the enlightenment.. I just emailed Hawaii50 and they had returned with the price list and their item is around 65% cheaper than 1000 tales.. Really tempting.. Dunno whether anyone will be interested to share the shipping together.. Hehe..

light fixtures? yes please count me in.

Can email me the pricelist too? dinobros@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi Dinobros, actually no light fixture in the pricelist, mainly furnitures. anyway i had emailed you the pricelist already. Thanks

Don't think we mind sharing... Timothyng27 looks interested as well I thnk

what would u be interested to get?

thought their arm chair etc seems super worth it to buy.

but my key collection only in Nov and renovation maybe after CNY

too late for you i think..?

what would u be interested to get?

thought their arm chair etc seems super worth it to buy.

but my key collection only in Nov and renovation maybe after CNY

too late for you i think..?

Count me in for the sharing too if you don't mind guys! I'm looking at a console, cabinet and maybe a coffee table. I'll be heading to BKK early sept too.

My key collection is sometime between end Aug and end Sept btw

Yesterday, we prob made more decisions about how the house will turn out than any other day.

Armed with the swatches and colour charts, we decided on

- Our laminates for our kitchen cabinets, shoe cabinets, bay windows, (We forgot our vanity counter =.=)

- Kitchen counter top solid surface

- Our wall colours

- Out kitchen, shoe cabinets and wardrobe layout (Again, forgot our vanity counter =.=)

We also FINALLY finished our shopping for our bathrooms (took more than 1 month and countless trips to Balestier, Jln Besar, even Bangkok!)

Some pictorial update...

IMG_1748.jpg

MBR bathroom - very "safe" choice.

IMG_1744.jpg

The common bathroom one is incomplete in this picture this is without the grouting. Couldn't find a completed one with the grouting done.

Edited by strikingreality