Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

Air Cons are up today!

40597f2d.jpg

So are the fans! But is the gap between the fan and the ceiling normal? I asked my ID and he said that the larger fans like the V56VK are built like that. It doesn't sound convincing... Any users of the V56VK can comment on this?

21e305c4.jpg

Kong Tai also delivered the built in kitchen items today! Love Kong Tai and their wonderful service! Everyone has that can-do attitude and the female boss Alice is ever so obliging!

f7b33d87.jpg

Edited by rottenramone

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey bro, the ceiling fan is supposed to be flush with the ceiling. At least that's the case for my Elmark, I was around when the guy was installing it. Its actually just a cap cover, can be adjusted, unless yours is different, take a long rod or ladder and tap it a bit? I think it should be hollow and adjustable, bug your ID about it. Need to cut the electrical wire casing a bit more and fit the fan properly. Should be minimal work, 10 minutes or so.

Same for my v56 fan. U can seal up with silicon if u really dislike the gap. Baby KDK fan is fine tho. No gaps.

thanks mm! we're looking forward to the handover next week. things are speeding up for the big day and major appliances are moving in by sat. rooms are still left untouched, but that will be the next phase after we move in.

there's still a lot of last min touchups to do: painting, electrical fixture adjustments, changing of locksets, etc. the dining lights we ordered have landed in SG but not at our place.

just got the opennet installation letter..., wish they wrote to us a month earlier, so we can install that fibre optic cable dammit!!! luckily we had the foresight to install cat6 cables. 8| 8|

rr

Edited by strikingreality

:)

We finally confirmed our curtains after 3 rounds of shopping. We were very specific on the type of fabric we wanted in our house and went to many different shops in order to find the "correct" print and pattern.

Everything is shaping up pretty nicely (I hope).

If all goes well, handover will be this Thursday!

lmao @ the butt comments..

Can't help but feel excited for you guys, hope the handover goes well!

On another note, should keep an eye on the installation of curtains and the height they are hung..

lmao @ the butt comments..

Can't help but feel excited for you guys, hope the handover goes well!

On another note, should keep an eye on the installation of curtains and the height they are hung..

:) Yeah, it's been so long you know... like forever wondering when will it be all over? And to see the house take shape is definitely gratifying.

Re the curtains... did you have any issue? What should we look out for? The curtain supplier told me that most ceilings are slightly slanted, so it's v difficult sometimes on their part as well to ensure the curtain looks "straight".