Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
miap

Why Hdb Denied Grant For Staying Near Unmarried Single Parent?

We already bought the house and ya lor.. the hdb officer just said it's HDB law!!!

Hence, my husband also said no grant no grant lor... he just want to stay near his mother. At least this house is still within our budget and good location.. we really like it too :P

yeap thats the way!

living near parents is a choice by people, deciding to stay near parents just to get a 10k grant? Its not as if houses are still being sold at 100k.

many cases i have seen is young people cannot afford the high prices in mature areas (where their parents stay) and are forced to ballot for BTO instead. lol.

Edited by gimz63251073

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Elite believes only elite can manage the common. They believed firmly in "paper". No paper = No entry, better believe me. TS got what I mean? Ask HDB if they accept DNA test result(Paper).

Bring up yr case to opposition, let them shoot HDB (PAP)for you.

if elites are chosen to manage, thats fine. what happens when the elite turns out to be not so "elite" after all? :P

We were at the first appt when the hdb officer saw my husband's bc and realised that there is no records of the father's particulars. That's when she said cannot give us the grant. She just said it's hdb's law but she can appeal for us, which will definitely cost more time and appts which may prolong our completion date. My husband rejected as he felt that we have not done anything wrong so why should there be an appeal? He also very difficult to take leave too, considering the fact that he would already need to take leave for the new house - renovation and moving in and such.

Now he also dun agree to go look for MP.... haiz :(

ur husband bc has no record of the father's particular. HDB rejected your parent grant.

My husband bc has father's particular , HDB also rejected our near parent grant. Even it was just 5 min walk.

Sometime, parents make some decision which at their time, it was nothing. But which will affected the childrens in later days.

i managed to get the additional grant staying with /near parents last year when i purhcased my resale unit.

the hdb officer will access case by case basis. not that rigid one. we simply showed the hdb officer the divorce letter of my parents and the whole transaction was processed as per normal procedures.

go the myHDBpage and login your singpass. under the resale /new flat section, u can view the officer-in-charge for your pending hdb transaction. call him /her up to inform them about your case. he /she will then direct the message to the hdb officer during the first & second appointments.

i managed to get the additional grant staying with /near parents last year when i purhcased my resale unit.

the hdb officer will access case by case basis. not that rigid one. we simply showed the hdb officer the divorce letter of my parents and the whole transaction was processed as per normal procedures.

go the myHDBpage and login your singpass. under the resale /new flat section, u can view the officer-in-charge for your pending hdb transaction. call him /her up to inform them about your case. he /she will then direct the message to the hdb officer during the first & second appointments.

Thanks, steelze. But I think divorced or widowed is acceptable as they were married in the first place but not married at all (like our case) is probably like what has been said by "upstairs" as unacceptable leh. :(

Edited by miap