Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs SCP

Removal Of Ceiling Hanging Light For Mbr

Hi

I have recently sold my 4R flat. First appointment will be in early May. I need to know if I can remove the Ceiling Hanging Light in my MBR. I bought it just less than 3 yrs ago for my bridal room. It is not really very expensive but I could not find it outside. Probably the design is obsolete le. I loved it very much and really hope I can bring it to my new place.

I have ever thought of asking the seller's permission. But I guess the seller would probably want this ceiling light too since he has requested us to leave our furnitures to them if we do not need it anymore.

Any thought on this?

Another thing is my parents said buyer has the right to request seller to remove all the fixtures including built in furnitures, air-cons and hand over an empty house. In this case, buyer can save some on the demolish/dismantle portion when renovating the house. Is it true?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

I have recently sold my 4R flat. First appointment will be in early May. I need to know if I can remove the Ceiling Hanging Light in my MBR. I bought it just less than 3 yrs ago for my bridal room. It is not really very expensive but I could not find it outside. Probably the design is obsolete le. I loved it very much and really hope I can bring it to my new place.

I have ever thought of asking the seller's permission. But I guess the seller would probably want this ceiling light too since he has requested us to leave our furnitures to them if we do not need it anymore.

Any thought on this?

Another thing is my parents said buyer has the right to request seller to remove all the fixtures including built in furnitures, air-cons and hand over an empty house. In this case, buyer can save some on the demolish/dismantle portion when renovating the house. Is it true?

before you sign the OTP, you should have indicated that you will be removing the fixtures. Once the OTP is signed already, it is up to the buyer, whether they want to let you have it or not. or alternatively, you can make a suggestion saying you will find a replacement light for the MBR. or you can tell the buyer to go choose what they like and then you pay for it. Reason is simple, buyers also got consider to take over the fixture settings. so the price they are paying also got some consideration for the fixtures.

yes, buyer can also request that you remove everything. but some buyers don't mind taking over. so you should talk with your buyer and don't think too much. everything is open for talk unless the buyer says no.

Edited by tekster

NO. Buyer can request but cannot demand as it is not their right.

Buyer don't have the right to ask the seller to empty fix fixture like build-in furniture, air-cons, towl bowl, sink, hood, hob, bamboo hanger, room doors, toilet door, main door, main gate, window grill, ceiling fan, down-light, false ceiling,

basically everything that is wall mounted exclude wall-mount TV.

Buyer buy as what-is-it.

Seller cannot remove anything that is belong to fixture include towl bowl.

Seller need to empty the house before hang over to the buyer.

empty the house referring to all movable furniture, TV, rice cooker, kettle. clothing, shoes, cat, dog, ur wedding photo, family photo, washing machine, fridge, etc

Seller can do if buyer request but it is not a MUST for seller to do it.

If buyer has problem understand it. Talk to HDB officer.

before you sign the OTP, you should have indicated that you will be removing the fixtures. Once the OTP is signed already, it is up to the buyer, whether they want to let you have it or not. or alternatively, you can make a suggestion saying you will find a replacement light for the MBR. or you can tell the buyer to go choose what they like and then you pay for it. Reason is simple, buyers also got consider to take over the fixture settings. so the price they are paying also got some consideration for the fixtures.

yes, buyer can also request that you remove everything. but some buyers don't mind taking over. so you should talk with your buyer and don't think too much. everything is open for talk unless the buyer says no.

Thanks! Have noted your point on how should I manage my buyer regarding the lighting.

During my selling and buying processes, none of the agents mentioned on this issue at all. So we are not aware that I can actually make such request to my seller to remove all the fixtures. Now I will have to bear the cost of over $500 to remove the unwanted fixtures.

Simple soultion. Remove & keep the "old" light, fix a new or "recon" light. Both happy right?

Thanks! Have noted your point on how should I manage my buyer regarding the lighting.

During my selling and buying processes, none of the agents mentioned on this issue at all. So we are not aware that I can actually make such request to my seller to remove all the fixtures. Now I will have to bear the cost of over $500 to remove the unwanted fixtures.

Edited by bepgof