Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bepgof

Aljunied 4A Cheaper Than Hougang'S?

WP's Chen SM announced 3 good news to aljunied residents during rally on 4/5/11 , one of the good news is that the average value of model 4A resale in hougang is higher than "elsewhere in HDB towns", based on the past 12 month transaction:

Anyone know what he was talking abt?

Edited by bepgof

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Correct me if I am wrong.

I think CSM is saying that the past 12 months average price of Model 4A units in Hougang SMC is still higher than that of Model 4A units in other PAP managed towns elsewhere.

Prices of HDB flats in WP Hougang SMC are higher than those in neighboring PAP Aljunied GRC

Edited by forgotten

basically I don't understand why PAP use HDB resale price as a argument point

First, if HDB build enough flat in the first place, will HDB resale price shot like rocket?

Second, property regardless is HDB or private property. It is all about location, near to parent, near to school, etc.

So basically is individual need and prefer.

Sound like PAP has nothing to shoot at opp. So any fish, crap also throw out.

A smart lawyer indeed.

All the 3 good news are typical examples of :以其人之道,还治其人之身.

What's the different between "average" & "median"?

HDB web shows the "median" transacted price over various "towns", not "constituencies".The constituencies, under the hand of ruling party, work like a "rubber band". This "rubber band" have either strank/expanded & included/excluded the "towns" every 5 years. So, all residents get confused, who starts first? You know I know. Question is: how to justified what the ruling members & CSM have said? I'm sure, not solid answer.

Ok, those who passed elementary maths know that "median" is the "centre" number of a series of numbers when these numbers are laid from the lowest to the highest, without taking the "quantity" into consideration: example: 1,2,3,4,5, "3" is the "median". Say price for 4A= 350k,360k,370k,380k,390k. Then the "370K" is reflected as "median", irregardless of how many of 350k or 390k were transacted.

"Average" is [(q1x350k)+(q2x360k)+(q3x370k)+(q4x380k)+(q5x390k)]/(q1+q2+q3+q4+q5). So median or average is better reflecting the price?

unfortunately for PAP, citizens and opposition have gotten smarter.

they got to really change another method, like to crying or apologising to get more votes.

the use of statistics by PAP to prove a point can usually and almost always misleading.

i was just talking to my wife on the lack of "authority" in our PM. With SM and MM around making comments, people are confused as to who is in charge and whose words count.

Also, similar to "2nd generation emperors" who inherited an empire, the "ba qi" or "authoritativeness" is much lesser compared to the "1st generation emperors" who fought to build the empire.

I also kinda surprised that PM wants a 4th generation leader at this stage....still early in my humble view.

I also kinda surprised that PM wants a 4th generation leader at this stage....still early in my humble view.

especially they consider Tin Pei Ling as one of the 4th generation.

:bow:

especially they consider Tin Pei Ling as one of the 4th generation.

:bow:

i think she might slowly fade away into the back of things....haha...

unless, she can prove her worth in helping the govt make more $$...

i think she might slowly fade away into the back of things....haha...

unless, she can prove her worth in helping the govt make more $$...

How.... by selling Kate Spade bags??? hahahahahahha

How.... by selling Kate Spade bags??? hahahahahahha

Today is Cooling Day, whereby no election candidate is allowed to put up any message or do any campaign activity.

Earlier today, Tin was caught posting message to ridicule Nichole on her facebook wall. :sport-smiley-004: The screen captures were posted on another forum. After another person replied to Tin to remind her that today was a Cooling Day, Tin deleted her own message and that person's message.