Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
novocaine

Need Help! Your Opinion On Placement Of Bedroom Ceiling Light

Hi! Would appreciate your opinion on where the ceiling light in the master bedroom should be located. My bedroom is a rectangle with simple configuration: bay window-floor-wardrobe. I think the ceiling light should be placed in the middle of available floor space, usually so that it is above the middle of the bed. So assuming the normal configuration where there are side tables on each side of the bed, should the ceiling light location be calculated based on the available space outside of the wardrobe footprint, or taking into consideration the clearance required for the wardrobe doors to open? There's up to 30cm difference between these 2 calculations.

Would greatly appreciate advice from electricians/ID/people who have renovated their homes. Thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi! Would appreciate your opinion on where the ceiling light in the master bedroom should be located. My bedroom is a rectangle with simple configuration: bay window-floor-wardrobe. I think the ceiling light should be placed in the middle of available floor space, usually so that it is above the middle of the bed. So assuming the normal configuration where there are side tables on each side of the bed, should the ceiling light location be calculated based on the available space outside of the wardrobe footprint, or taking into consideration the clearance required for the wardrobe doors to open? There's up to 30cm difference between these 2 calculations.

Would greatly appreciate advice from electricians/ID/people who have renovated their homes. Thank you!

Normally I would put the lights to the sides if you have false ceiling.

centre of the room meaning when you lie down you will see the light direct.

my master bedroom centre of the ceiling got just led ctrystal that doesnt give much light..

my light comes mainly from the cove below my platform and at my bedhead.

with 2 more table lamp on my nightstands it's actually too bright even for studying.

master bed room i like a warm feeling... not for brightness. but it's just my 2 cents worth ... :notti: