Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

Haha, I wasn't looking at the discount model ....this was about a month back, where you ave a l-shaped full top grain sofa (or so claimed) at 7k......I was seirouly taken aback by the claims made by your sales guy and coupled with the fact that the company was quite new.....

In the end, I got mine from a heavyliy discounted Italian sofa and it was surprisingly a few dollars cheaper....you might says it's not worth because it come with limited warranty, but to me, it was from a shop that has been selling sofas for a decade,, so I know at least the offer is real...

Hi Folwer

I think you made a mistake, in EL there was never an L shape sofa in full top grain asking for 7k. The most pricey sofa we sold here is a 2.8m full semi aniline sofa, with customisation, the client paid SGD 7999 for it.

If you had bought an Italian sofa for lesser than 7k, I would say that its a very very good price. I cant think of anywhere selling Italian leather sofa at this price.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jeanius & EL

Since there is so much discussion on "warranty", I have this suggestion. Why not EL post his warranty terms and Jeanius reveal his company and his company's warranty terms as well. Then let the rest of the forummers compare and see whose warranty is more comprehensive, more best-value.

Any of you game on that? Just a suggestion, dun flame me :yamseng:

Hi sam

It seems that you are not convince that we will rectify the defects for at least 5 years. In fact we will go beyond that 5 year if the overall conditions allow us to do that.

Look, try as I might I will talk about this warranty thing again.

Our warranty on leather comes with terms that are clearly written out onthe warranty card itself, it doesn't says," if you leather is damaged come look for us and we will change it for you"

That is why there are misconception over here in regards of our warranty. You are Sam, you should know better. We valued add our products with a 5 year warranty that is comprehensive enough to let our customers have a peace of mind.

Of all people, you should know that there isn't any grounds for discussion on our warranty because none of you here knows what is written on it. I always thought that you are very objective in your dealings over here.

I mentioned before, anyone who tries to make baseless accusations about EL, I vowed to defend it tooth and nail.

Cool, if you are brave enough to put in writing that you provide a 5-year warranty on leather upholstery including wear and tear in a public forum, more power to you.

Hi Folwer

I think you made a mistake, in EL there was never an L shape sofa in full top grain asking for 7k. The most pricey sofa we sold here is a 2.8m full semi aniline sofa, with customisation, the client paid SGD 7999 for it.

If you had bought an Italian sofa for lesser than 7k, I would say that its a very very good price. I cant think of anywhere selling Italian leather sofa at this price.

that's weird....your shop is the one next to tai sent MRT right? that guy told me that the L-shape sofa was top grain and 7k something, now you are saying the most pricey you have is 7.99k for a customize one :jawdrop: .... maybe I saw him pointing to the wrong sofa or misunderstood what he was telling me, sorry my bad.....

yeap, itailan sofa for less the 7k before GST....L-Shape, some special promotion thingy by one of the brand names here (i think if if trace back to the promotions during late Sept, you will know which brand i'm talking about).....I initially was afraid of walking in as i have not intention of spending 10-20k for sofa, but was quite surprise that there was one of promotion that matches the exact design i wanted.... :yamseng:

that's weird....your shop is the one next to tai sent MRT right? that guy told me that the L-shape sofa was top grain and 7k something, now you are saying the most pricey you have is 7.99k for a customize one :jawdrop: .... maybe I saw him pointing to the wrong sofa or misunderstood what he was telling me, sorry my bad.....

yeap, itailan sofa for less the 7k before GST....L-Shape, some special promotion thingy by one of the brand names here (i think if if trace back to the promotions during late Sept, you will know which brand i'm talking about).....I initially was afraid of walking in as i have not intention of spending 10-20k for sofa, but was quite surprise that there was one of promotion that matches the exact design i wanted.... :yamseng:

Hi folwer

I think its a misunderstanding, haha, nevertheless, you got a very good deal brother. I am sure your sofa will serve you for many years to come.

Hi folwer

I think its a misunderstanding, haha, nevertheless, you got a very good deal brother. I am sure your sofa will serve you for many years to come.

knowing my wife, we will probably change it in other 5-6 years time.......if you are still keeping up with the work you promise here, we will definitely take a look.... :yamseng:

Cool, if you are brave enough to put in writing that you provide a 5-year warranty on leather upholstery including wear and tear in a public forum, more power to you.

Hi Sam

Thank you for your compliment. However i would like to reiterate that our warranty are bound by terms. Therefore, we treat each and every case individually. I hope that our fellow forummers will not have the misconception that what EL has to offer is too good to be true.

knowing my wife, we will probably change it in other 5-6 years time.......if you are still keeping up with the work you promise here, we will definitely take a look.... :yamseng:

Hi folwer

In fact the reason why you are here in the forum is to find out more about companies in the furniture trade. You can see those reviews about EL. If we were to do something which compromises our trust and reliability, you will see bad reviews about us. I am sure you trusted what is being said here.

Yeah man, samtheman, with EL giving a 5 year warranty that includes wear and tear on leather upholstery, kudos to them. If their prices is just as great as their warranty, great for consumers. I have not seen the details on the warranty card but with EL putting it in writing here, i am sure they will honour it.

On my earlier post, i meant to say that the 'Warranty Certificate' forms part of the basis of a contract as an assurance to the consumer. Thank you EL for correcting it. My apologise to all.

Note to all: Always read the warranty card before you make your purchase when buying furnishings. :deal:

03Nov Update: EL called yesterday evening regarding my L-sofa that might have "insect/worm" infectation in the wooden frame. EL assured me that the L-sofa is under warranty and they will replace the centre piece(where 'saw dust' accumulation is seen). That's very assuring for a consumer like me to know that EL is taking action. The replacement will be carried out next week. Till then, my stress level has dropped.

As i mentioned to you Sooks, not to worry that much. It shouldn't have happen at all, but with the 5 year warranty, you will have peace of mind for the next 5 years.

We all know, the gentleman is well known, he's probably the best furniture salesperson I have ever met. Can talk the birds out of the trees kind.

Yeah, and also his business ethics and all the other companies he worked for. What a fellow. :notti:

Dear EL,

I have just taken delivery of my L shaped sofa; there is a puncture ( about the size of 5 cent coin ) at the back (the non leather portion ).

The delivery man is aware and he has taken a pic of the damage on his handphone.

Pls look into the matter; my sales order no. is 20582.

Thanks.

Dear EL,

I have just taken delivery of my L shaped sofa; there is a puncture ( about the size of 5 cent coin ) at the back (the non leather portion ).

The delivery man is aware and he has taken a pic of the damage on his handphone.

Pls look into the matter; my sales order no. is 20582.

Thanks.

whisky, not to worry la, just the handling fault. EL will be kind enough to replace you a new set in no time. Take care.