Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

Hi EL,

Can I check when will I be getting my Sofa back? It has been more then 1 month since your guys brought my sofa back for rectification.

Hi skylimit1979

We will be delievring the sofa back to you on the 19th November, Please feel free to call our office should you need anything from us. Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi sam

So you have met him, so have your bird been talked out of it's tree?

Well, I have seen him do it. Suffice to say that my experience with Mr. Alvin Ong is not just hearsay.

Let's just leave it at that. It does nobody any good to make things personal, my comment was still complimentary. All I that Mr. Alvin Ong is an excellent salesperson.

Hi Sam

Thank you for your compliment. However i would like to reiterate that our warranty are bound by terms. Therefore, we treat each and every case individually. I hope that our fellow forummers will not have the misconception that what EL has to offer is too good to be true.

Mr. EL,

You have just posted on a public forum that your warranty covers wear and tear.

Every other company will just cover manufacturing defects.

I suppose everyone should just take it at face value.

Mr. EL,

How can we be expected to take it at face value! :blink: This is a World's First on fair wear and tear to leather being covered under warranty for 5 years. :thumbs up: I will definitely buy most if not all my next entire set of furniture from Executive Living BUT only in 6 years time because I need to see if they would be able to Honor their fantastic warranty without folding up. :good::yamseng:

Well, I have seen him do it. Suffice to say that my experience with Mr. Alvin Ong is not just hearsay.

Let's just leave it at that. It does nobody any good to make things personal, my comment was still complimentary. All I that Mr. Alvin Ong is an excellent salesperson.

Hi Sam

I see, Yes and he is an excellent boss as well.

Mr. EL,

Hi Sam

Yes we do and I am not joking, within the next 5 years we cover wear and tear, provided it adhere to our our warranty terms which is clearly written down in black and white. As long as I think we fulfill what is written we owe nobody anything.

This warranty topic is started by Jeanius based on his assumption. He knew nothing about our warranty terms, he strated to have doubts and attracted quite a number of fellow forumers. Everyone is sceptical about it, well, you cannot prove me otherwise, as I said only time will tell. Youhave been here long enough to know what is going on, I promise, you will see Executive Living does things differently.

Edited by Executiveliving

How can we be expected to take it at face value! :blink: This is a World's First on fair wear and tear to leather being covered under warranty for 5 years. :thumbs up: I will definitely buy most if not all my next entire set of furniture from Executive Living BUT only in 6 years time because I need to see if they would be able to Honor their fantastic warranty without folding up. :good::yamseng:

Hi daveyap

I think you misunderstood me, I mentioned , our warranty covers wear and tear but it is bounded by our terms and conditions which is clearly written on the back of our warranty card.

I agree that most human beings have the sheep mentality, like what I mentioned to Sam, in Executive Living, we do things differently, we might faced the same problems like our competitors faced but we handled things differently.

I hope to see you in 6 years time!

Recently I visited the Singapore Expo Asia pacific Furniture Fair which was held on the 14th May 2011.My wife and I was searching for a new sofa and other item for our new condo.

On the very day, I bring along my uncle, aunty to seek some advices from them.

The moment I walk into the floor of the exhibition hall, my wife saw this booth which display very nice leather sofa named Executive Living. I recalled that I have visited their showroom which is located at Tai Seng Harper Road 1 months ago. From my own info gathered, I discovered that this company is pretty new in this furniture trade. They do display very attractive leather sofa set in their showroom when I visited them.

We decided to step into their booth and try their sofa since my wife show interest in their design. A sales guy immediately attended to us and I recognize that it is the same guy who served me at Harper Road showroom. He had introduced himself as a boss of Executive Living during my last visit to their showroom.

Out of sudden, my uncle and his wife whisper into my ear and inform us to leave the booth when this so called boss appeared.

I was quite astonished. I asked my uncle why and what had happen?

Both my uncle and aunty reply me that this guy looks very familiar. The fact is both my uncle and aunty had been shopping for furniture for their tenant since they leased a few of their property .They informed me that this guy had been company hopping in furniture trade almost all Singapore furniture shop. For example :- Beng Hwa Group at IMM , Mr Décor , Winter Group and many other companies ????

My uncle related to me an incident which happens on him about 8-9 years ago. He had purchased a furniture packages at the Singapore Expo and place a full deposit of almost $5K.One month after his purchased, the company wind up. He lost his full deposit of $5K and felt cheated. My uncle told me the furniture company is named Century …something... ??? The important part is that the boss of Executive Living resemblance the same boss who is from Century furniture.

In my heart, I hoped that not the same person because my wife and I really like one of their leather sofa. By the way , did anyone come across this problem before and heard of this furniture company named Century something ????

Hi Mr. EL,

Err...so Mr. Alvin Ong is your boss and not an employee as you mentioned earlier.

Hi Mr. EL,

Err...so Mr. Alvin Ong is your boss and not an employee as you mentioned earlier.

Hi Sam

Yes Alvin Ong is my direct superior and one of the partners. He is also the GM of the company. Recently, I have been made a partner of the company as well.

Edited by Executiveliving

Hi Mr. EL,

Right on, bro. The post you quoted by lionmetal, 20 June. This is what is all about.

I simply cannot take this anymore. Please reconsider if you are buying from Executive Living. We were enticed by their designs from Expo and were served by their salesperson by the name of Don (short form). We placed an order with them for a L shaped sofa (7 seater sofa), coffe table and dining table with 6 chairs. Our order number is 20092 (to prove that I am the customer not your compeititor who u may deemed to come in here and speak bad about your company).

The order is placed on 28th Feb 2011. Time of delivery stated on the sales order is 15th April. Our moving in date to the new hse is on the 15th May 2011. We received the sofa on the 18th May 2011 (fair enough) but there were delays to the coffee table and dining table.

I went down to the Expo booth once again on 21st May 2011 intending to get a side table and I got it from them eventually. This time round I was served by Alvin their GM/Boss. I told Alvin about the delays we were facing and he says he will arrange for the side table, pending coffee table,dining table & dining chairs to be delivered to us together (he told me to sms him the sales order no. for the pending items).

Hence I sms him on the 22nd May 2011 the sales order no. as told. The side table I bought in cash from the expo was delivered on 26th May 2011 but there is still no sight of the coffee table,dining table and chairs.

I continued to send him sms on 26th May, 4th June,19 June but there were NO replies at all from the GM. However, there was a call on the 19th June 2011 (from EL office shortly after I sent him the sms) saying they will arrange to deliver the pending items on the 20th June 2011. Now, you may think all problems should be solved but guess what? They sent us the wrong coffee table and dining table and what's funny is they send the dining table without the 6 chairs!

So I sent Alvin another SMS on the 21st June 2011 telling him to bring back the wrong items and I even MMS 2 pics of the coffee table and dining table. I told him to settle this asap as he has delayed the delivery by more than 2 months and I will bring this to CASE if this issue is not resolved soonest.

Alvin called me and ask me a very good question "Hey that's not what you ordered! Why did they send those to you?" My reply " V gd question! Why not you ask your delivery man instead why they send me the wrong items?" How can you as a GM ask me the wrongs that your company has done?? I asked him if he is able to accept if we cancel our order and source elsewhere since he has already delayed our order for so long and unable to give us what we want. His reply "Your items are based on indent basis and how can you cancel like this?" He started shouting "Are you aware that your items are based on indent basis and is not displayed in my showroom? How can cancel like this?" I say "Alvin you do not have to raise your voice at me. Please take a look at the sales order and check with your salesperson Don what we have ordered. What stupid indent are you talking about when in the first place you already send me all the wrong items?"

He started to cool down and says he has a few new arrivals and want us to go down to his showroom and select from the new arrivals. He requests we go down on the 24th June 2011 which is today, Friday. "You can come down ANYTIME. I will be in the showroom attending to you personally. Just give me a call an hr before you come down".

So I confirm the timing with my designer and parents and everyone agrees on the timing 3pm on 24th June 2011. Hence, I give him a few calls on 23rd June 2011 (1 day not 1 hr beforehand) and wanting to inform him we will go down at 3pm on 24th June. The service from this company is incredibly BAD. His phone is diverted to voice mail the whole day and I called him this morning and send him a few smses (on 23rd and 24th June) but no reply.

I called his office this morning (24th June 2011) and guess what? The Admin told me he has went to Malaysia! Well done General Manager of Executive Living. Your services are in general BAD! First, deliveries are delayed. Second, wrong deliveries made. 3rd,Delivery of dining table without dining chairs. 4th, you shout at your customer when fault is with your company. 5th, you did not inform your customer you are travelling on the day of appointment and you did not even hand this case over to another manager or person who is capable of handling this situation.

Conclusion

HI E.L i am not a competitor as what u say ok ,is a sale person from F.C at imm who told me that MRdecor is the same with beng hwa group la , dont thinkntoo much la brother .u think only u are clever ah , we customer also know how to get information ok . dont take lehman brothers as a example ,millions were being affected but at least they can cliam back for the money,but deposit cheated by century nobody can take back ,yet the boss still can reopened a showroom again ,it really different and when "malsacul" a customer mention gm/boss of E.L alvin ,that remind ny uncle conform he is the one who take all people deposit and closed down century in a sudden .one of my friend was aslo cheated ,i really want to help my uncle to get back the $$$$$ back ,athought iitis so long alreally ,but ijust dont know what to do ???????? report case ????? or what ??? can anybody help me ........ angry ...

you can help by contributing and keeping this tread alive. as for the $$$$, if you had file a report then, maybe you can get CASE for advice???

just taking EL advice to go through the postings for other comments.

Guys & Ladies,

Since I run my own trading company dealing with imports & exports, let me share a little bit about this Indent Order issue that has been plaguing all these furniture retailers and their customers. From what Jeanius has said in his previous posting, I guess Jeanius and his company are among the first in the furniture trade to discover the benefit of finding a reliable factory and sticking with it all the way. Other furniture retailers would just hop around multiple furniture factories looking and hoping for the best deals in order to maximize profits. Frankly, there is nothing wrong in hoping around multiple factories as you will then be able to offer a wide range of furniture products to your customers. BUT not all factories are run the same way, the furniture retailer is just another customer (trading company) to them, and some furniture factories are notorious for mixing up orders and delivering defective products. Even if the factory is reliable, a lot of things can and do happen during transit. Hence, EL and many other furniture retailers are going to have a lot of irate customers because of quality and delay issues.

If you want virtually problem free leather furniture, may I suggest going to HTL instead. Since they own and manage their factories, they are the most reliable leather sofa manufacturer/retailer in Singapore. Also, as they are a public listed company, you can buy 1 lot of their shares and go to their annual AGM to give them :fire: if you are not happy with them in any way. :notti: