Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

Seems like EL not going to answer my question ??

the knowledge you have is very good. The way you put in words for forum reader is very good too .

but how true is the thing you guys produce is really the same as what you deliver ?

Teck funiture from malaysia provides and supply many furnitures and sofa to singapore market. their quailty and leather use i think most of furniture trade insider we all know about it.

you guys keep saying your quailty is this good and that good, if that the case how can be a top notch full leather sofa sold at 1k-3k.?

if sofa really at reasonable quailty the costing of the sofa is already close to that figure, and im saying only reasonable quailty not the top ones.

just a piece of advice for all buyers . no flamming ..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Sam

Just go to google and type ;legend plate. You will see it.

Hey, forget it, I tried googling legend plate is just the name of the little plate that people use to label buttons. Anyway, it's not important.

HI Executive Living

I had recently purchased a set of sofa from you, the $2099 promotion. Now waiting for the delivery. Honestly, I'm a layman and do not know how to view and differentiate the different types of leather, even if you were to put them all in front of me..haha

So I guess I just have to trust your company and hope that it's a well worth purchase. The price of $2099 is not a big amount, neither a small amount. If it can last me 3 years and beyond, then GREAT!!, if no, guess I'll just move on then....Frankly, talking about warranty, well, would I really wanna chase after your company if say after 4 years, some defects starts to appear on the sofa? I guess not....I'll just be embarrassing myself....haha

In any case, as a customer, I would sincerely hope that the sofa will be a good purchase.

Have a good day :-)

I simply cannot take this anymore. Please reconsider if you are buying from Executive Living. We were enticed by their designs from Expo and were served by their salesperson by the name of Don (short form). We placed an order with them for a L shaped sofa (7 seater sofa), coffe table and dining table with 6 chairs. Our order number is 20092 (to prove that I am the customer not your compeititor who u may deemed to come in here and speak bad about your company).

The order is placed on 28th Feb 2011. Time of delivery stated on the sales order is 15th April. Our moving in date to the new hse is on the 15th May 2011. We received the sofa on the 18th May 2011 (fair enough) but there were delays to the coffee table and dining table.

I went down to the Expo booth once again on 21st May 2011 intending to get a side table and I got it from them eventually. This time round I was served by Alvin their GM/Boss. I told Alvin about the delays we were facing and he says he will arrange for the side table, pending coffee table,dining table & dining chairs to be delivered to us together (he told me to sms him the sales order no. for the pending items).

Hence I sms him on the 22nd May 2011 the sales order no. as told. The side table I bought in cash from the expo was delivered on 26th May 2011 but there is still no sight of the coffee table,dining table and chairs.

I continued to send him sms on 26th May, 4th June,19 June but there were NO replies at all from the GM. However, there was a call on the 19th June 2011 (from EL office shortly after I sent him the sms) saying they will arrange to deliver the pending items on the 20th June 2011. Now, you may think all problems should be solved but guess what? They sent us the wrong coffee table and dining table and what's funny is they send the dining table without the 6 chairs!

So I sent Alvin another SMS on the 21st June 2011 telling him to bring back the wrong items and I even MMS 2 pics of the coffee table and dining table. I told him to settle this asap as he has delayed the delivery by more than 2 months and I will bring this to CASE if this issue is not resolved soonest.

Alvin called me and ask me a very good question "Hey that's not what you ordered! Why did they send those to you?" My reply " V gd question! Why not you ask your delivery man instead why they send me the wrong items?" How can you as a GM ask me the wrongs that your company has done?? I asked him if he is able to accept if we cancel our order and source elsewhere since he has already delayed our order for so long and unable to give us what we want. His reply "Your items are based on indent basis and how can you cancel like this?" He started shouting "Are you aware that your items are based on indent basis and is not displayed in my showroom? How can cancel like this?" I say "Alvin you do not have to raise your voice at me. Please take a look at the sales order and check with your salesperson Don what we have ordered. What stupid indent are you talking about when in the first place you already send me all the wrong items?"

He started to cool down and says he has a few new arrivals and want us to go down to his showroom and select from the new arrivals. He requests we go down on the 24th June 2011 which is today, Friday. "You can come down ANYTIME. I will be in the showroom attending to you personally. Just give me a call an hr before you come down".

So I confirm the timing with my designer and parents and everyone agrees on the timing 3pm on 24th June 2011. Hence, I give him a few calls on 23rd June 2011 (1 day not 1 hr beforehand) and wanting to inform him we will go down at 3pm on 24th June. The service from this company is incredibly BAD. His phone is diverted to voice mail the whole day and I called him this morning and send him a few smses (on 23rd and 24th June) but no reply.

I called his office this morning (24th June 2011) and guess what? The Admin told me he has went to Malaysia! Well done General Manager of Executive Living. Your services are in general BAD! First, deliveries are delayed. Second, wrong deliveries made. 3rd,Delivery of dining table without dining chairs. 4th, you shout at your customer when fault is with your company. 5th, you did not inform your customer you are travelling on the day of appointment and you did not even hand this case over to another manager or person who is capable of handling this situation.

HI E.L i am not a competitor as what u say ok ,is a sale person from F.C at imm who told me that MRdecor is the same with beng hwa group la , dont thinkntoo much la brother .u think only u are clever ah , we customer also know how to get information ok . dont take lehman brothers as a example ,millions were being affected but at least they can cliam back for the money,but deposit cheated by century nobody can take back ,yet the boss still can reopened a showroom again ,it really different and when "malsacul" a customer mention gm/boss of E.L alvin ,that remind ny uncle conform he is the one who take all people deposit and closed down century in a sudden .one of my friend was aslo cheated ,i really want to help my uncle to get back the $$$$$ back ,athought iitis so long alreally ,but ijust dont know what to do ???????? report case ????? or what ??? can anybody help me ........ angry ...

Hey, forget it, I tried googling legend plate is just the name of the little plate that people use to label buttons. Anyway, it's not important.

dont have such name legend plate .. don have .. and malaysia factory use only china mech .. no german nor usa mech !!

Hi Lionmetal

Alright, I might be wrong, you are a genuine consumer. Alvin is the GM of the company. Executive Living employs personnel based on their experience and expertise. Alvin has more than 20 years of experience in the furniture trade. We are not aware of his connection with Century and its not in Executive living's interest to find out about hs past ventures. Companies come and go, no doubt you felt cheated but like I say, when a company folds, its the consumers who have to bear the brunt of it. Although I sympathises with them but its the facts of life that we have to face. Whne things as such happen, what can you do? Rather what can we do? can we prevent companies from going down? we cant!

Nevertheless, its the industry standards that you have to place adeposit for the products that you had ordered. I am very sure, that is not going to deter you from buying furniture. Whats past is past. Till now, I am still not sure if the same person you mentioned i the same person that is currently our GM.

Lastly, I can offer you some alternatives if you would like to get back your uncle's money the legitimate way. It is to file a writ of summons to Century. You can get a magistrate order to seize Century's assets, liquidify it and used it as a compensation for y9ur uncle. In order words, you have to go for a civil suit. I hope that helps anyway. I really cant help but take my hats off you as you are going after something which happens a decade ago.

Hi Executive Living,

On your website it says Mr. Alvin Ong is the founder of the company.

"its not in Executive living's interest to find out about his past ventures"-

"Till now, I am still not sure if the same person you mentioned i the same person that is currently our GM" - since it is mentioned here, it must be of great interest now! At least to the people here! :furious:

Hi tankenz

Iphone is made in china but its an American product. Agree?

Hi Mr. Executive Living,

Actually it's quite good that you are actively responding to comments, I commend you for that.

Hi Romy

We are using Brazilian Cowhide that is process in Tuscany, you might want to call it Tuscan Leather. Motorised unit from Legend Plate, USA. Solid Meranti wood which is treated and kiln specially to retain 12 to 18% of the moisture to prevent warping. All sofas that Executive Living presents are assembled in Malaysia. Backed by 4 factories which are scatter over KL and Ipoh, we do export to Americas and Europe as well as Australiasia as well. I hope that answers your questions.

at least iphone don mention IPhone USA.. am i right .. as i mention earlier , there are sales person so good in words that they try to play around with their sentence.. if you cannot convince them , you confuse them.

those people want to buy furiture from executive living better be careful ????????? must tell them to write black and white in the invoice , they like to empty promise customer , and pay them 10% deposit can alreally la 1!!!!!!!!!!! scare..............................

Hi Lionmetal

You are a cute guy, honestly. I would like to know if EL has given yo any promises. If you make a statement,please substantiate it with points, that will make you statement formidable and irrefutable. Perhaps you can cite me incidents where there are empty promises? How do you define an empty promise? I am all ears.

I believe all our customers who deals with us are sane, educated and rational people. They will not buy from us unless they have absolute trust in us. We are a entrepreneurs, we want to make money, I always believe in the 80 20 rule. If you are confused let me share with you.

Statistics have proven that 80% of your business comes from 80% of your customers database. Only 20% are new customers. That means you have to take good care of your customers so that you can retain 80% of your business. I believe and sane person will not choose that hard way, always trying to capture the 20% and losing the 80%. You do that, you are doom tofail.

EL is here to make profits and money dont come easy, you lose one customer who bought things from you, you lose at least 10 deals. Cos words spread, you will lose those whom they knew. Once they are gone, they aint coming back. I understand that, we understand that, the whole world understand that.

Your unclemight have a bad experience but that is not EL, that is another company. Would you kick your computer if your monitor stops working? No becasue they are different things, its a different issue.

EL did not wronged you, we did nothing to harm you. Have we cheated you of your money or anyone that you know of? No! Why are you saying all that? This is a forum, people judge you by the things that you post. I hope things are going well for you.

The 80/20 rule also known as the Pareto rule states that you do 80% of your business with 20% of your customers. Which is highly unlikely since you are in the retail business.

last few months i got one friend buy a leather sofa set .from executive living ????? the sale man told him that the leather is from italy say until that sofa how good .good until no other furniture shop cannot compare?????? the size is about 3m ended selling $2099 only ???? real italy leather costing alreally so high how can they sell so low ,that is my question ???????or they want to try to hit and run again and closed down again or what , like past 10 years ago is it ?????????? scare ah ????? because my brother want to buy from them ,but i will tell him buy from those big company !!!!!...........................very very scare ........

i've not bought anything before EL, so i cannot comment on their products or sales talk.

But i read this thread and i may consider these points:

a) EL marketting approach may target to those mass market type eg toyota value. They are not targetting on the higher end, like Mercedes/bmw sofa.

b) i am sure forum members know that when they buy sofas and can feel the comfort and discomfort of the materials. So if u sit on a sofa and feel like toyota, perhaps that is the value or $ you should pay. Not a cents more.

c) I bought my sofa $7k from castila premium few years back, and still very happy about it. I guess one have to pay for a price for expensive stuffs.

When i buy something, i always consider these points in order. (u may say i m crazy)

1. Buy a product, pay a price. Ask yourself what is the depreciation rate (rough calculation) per month. Anything exceeded life-span, you earn its value already. Taking eg of my sofa, i tell myself last 7 years good enough with one year depreciation of 1k, which translate $83 per month.

2. Always buy good quality that can outlast your own generation life-span. Serious man, i prefer to buy something that can pass to next generation where possible. Eg I buy quality watch that can pass to my children, 100% burma teak wood stuffs that can pass down, property that can pass down. Like that you won't feel cheated.

3. I learnt that whenever i hve a new home and buy furniture , if i buy cheaper sofa or stuffs, very likely u will re-buy over the years which is a hassle !

So ask yourself when you buy from EL, ask yourself how long YOU PLAN the product to last.

Hi Executive Living

As mentioned in my earlier post, I bought a $2099 sofa (half leather) from you, waiting for delivery. However, when I checked the invoice, it was stated only as "H/Leather" for the sofa. So can you confirm that you will be using "genuine cow hide leather from Brazil" and "full top grain leather" for the contact areas of the sofa, as promised by your sales person and stated by you in the forum respectively? if yes, so can I ask your company to re-issue me with an invoice or an e-mail stating the above then? Have a good day :-)

To Other forummer

Perhaps you think I am stupid not to ask the sales person to commit it in writing on the invoice. Yes, perhaps I am :-). but then, I dun buy sofa often, so it's difficult for me to know all these terms and issues to look after. I guess most people are like me :-) However, I am not regretting the purchase yet....see how it goes :-)

Edited by robster