Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

dear newcomer1

If i really want FULL leather, i will definitely go for reputable brands. The assurance is there.

Yes price is high, but you feel good and can last for years. I've bought my full leather 3 + 2 sofa for 7k (5 years back) and sofa still smell like leather with my children and my sweat "built into the sofa" and no peel, etc

I believe SamTheMan provide a list of reputable brands and you can easily search for it.

I always suggest this:

a) go to top-end brands, have a seat in sofa.

b) then go to lower brands and have a seat in sofa

You will feel the differences. There is no need for salesman talk after that. My wife never complain of the sofa.

Hi kalimantan,

Thanks for your advise

SamTheMan do you have a list of reputable brands of top end & lower end of leather sofa ?

If yes, please provide & better still the company that is selling it

Appreciate your help

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi kalimantan,

Thanks for your advise

SamTheMan do you have a list of reputable brands of top end & lower end of leather sofa ?

If yes, please provide & better still the company that is selling it

Appreciate your help

Luxury Brands

Space, Minotti, Marquis, Proof Living. Pricing from 15-40K

High-End

XZQT, Domicil, Natuzzi, LeMerciers. Pricing 5-10K

Mid-range

OM, Lifestorey

Low-end

Cellini, Star Living Group, Lorenzo

These are the brands that have very few negative comments.

Hi Executive Living,

Actually, when I posted the previous views, I wasn't targeting exactly at you personally. If you read down, I did mention lighting, IDs, etc. Things people look for when doing their home reno. My apologies if it sounds too personal.

I'm just clarifying and expressing my views on how I feel about the whole issue of sofas. Cos I think there's a lot of confusion in consumers on what leather sofa to get. Myself included! You get too wide an audience. Some go for relatively expensive ones, while others make the whole topic academic by defining what is full leather, where they come from, even how thick the leather should be, etc etc.

Really, what I'm saying is, Don't worry so much. At the end of the day, consider your budget and what you can afford. Go to a reputable company also. That's my stand now and advice I use myself.

Usually it isn't as bad as people here make it out to be. That's why I mentioned I have friends who bought 3 seater leather sofa for less than $2k. Still comfortable. Looks a bit old but still good.

Whoever says good sofa must always be Italian? And so what if the sofa is made in China? But what I take offence is shops who seemed embarrassed to mention the words "Made In China" or lie to customers. Sofa sellers in general will do well to tell the whole truth and facts about their sofas.

Now, on the part of me not trusting companies who post here, it's strictly my opinion only. I'm totally fine if people disagree. Sure, people may not buy online from you, but by mentioning your name, you are already doing advertising for yourself. If you are really sincere about advising or sharing info, why not create a personal name and post those facts representing yourself only?

There is this thing called "conflict of interest". It's just unfortunate that the moderators here are not active and allow many posts here to be filled with potential fake people (general statement, not targeting at EL). Responsible forums will have moderators who will not allow companies to post opinions or do business unless they advertise themselves as "Advertisers".

Whatever good intentions EL may have here, of course I have no right to judge. I believe you come here with a purpose. But from what I see, it is not doing well. You know this. You are now defending yourself against Renotalk members like SamTheMan, etc aren't you? Is it worth it? Already I think your name has been tarnished. Even if you had good intentions to inform people here about leather sofas, I think it has a reverse effect on your company's name.

HI Phintastic

Once again, I would like to thank you for your support. It would be good if you were to feedback on our sofa once it has been delivered to you. YOu might not need to do it over here in Renotalk in case people might think that I am trying to do sales over here. Maybe you can drop us an email telling us what you like or dislike about our sofa. I would appreciate that. Thank you.

Hi EL, sorry but I can't help but keep laughing when I see your reply. LOL. No offense to your answer but of course I will like your sofa, if not I would purchased my sofa from one of your many competitors in the market.

Not to worry about what others think. I am a genuine customer. Having posted so much in this thread, I think it is only fair to all forum readers and/ or you that I update on this thread upon receiving my sofa. I am like any other customer when it comes to delivery. Looking out for punctuality and the correct goods delivered as agreed when the sales order is closed.

I am sure there are some potential customers or readers who already place an order with EL waiting for my update. I have mentioned my delivery is this Saturday, which is not many days away, so it is not a long wait to help them with an alternative or feeling assured respectively.

If it is a positive comment, everybody will be happy, if the comment is negative, all the more it proves that I am a genuine customer hahahaha!!!!!

:sport-smiley-004::yamseng::yamseng:

Edited by Phintastic

Hi Mr EL

I do agree with your point that if there are baseless accusation, you should come in to rebut it.

Otherwise in the internet, people will think that the accusation is true and starts circulating which is no good for your company.

Your brand is something you should protect.

And last point is : no one is the forum is attacking one another, customers raise question on EL "old" brochures (by putting up their hands to speak) :good:

Dear forum readers, my sofa is ready for delivery. However, due to reno delay, I am given no choice but to postpone the delivery date to 1st September. Will keep everyone posted when I receive the sofa.

Dear EL,, I would like to thank you and your colleagues for making it possible to make the delivery possible tomorrow. In fact, they even offer to deliver one day earlier. Great Job. :yamseng:

I do not have a very good experience with Executive Living. My sofa was delivered on Jul 30. There was a misalignment of the mechanic pull-out 1st seat and the manual pull out seat of my L-shaped 3 seater sofa. The mechanics failed to fix it after 2 hours in my house. I told the sales staff Don that the set of sofa had been punctured with nail several times due to trial and error of aligning the seats. Was assured that EL will replace a new set to me by 1 Sep.

However, I received a call from the Showroom Assistant-Alvina on my sales order status on 15 Aug. Shocked with this call, it triggered that perhaps there was no action done. I requested Alvina to check with the manufacturing if this had been processed. The following days, she was supposed to call me as promised, however, I received no such calls from her even after 3 follow-ups with her. She has very poor customer service, she didn't even apologised on her non-return of a courtesy call to a customer!

I'm very agitated with such service. Will log a complaint soon.

Hi EL,

Thanks for the prompt reply and explanation on the cause of delay. I am glad to be assured that action has been taken to process my order.

Perhaps for better future after-sales service, it is better to follow-up with an email after verbal confirmation. This is to assure the customer in "Black and white", action has been taken on the order.

Will await for the delivery of the sofa on 10th Sept.

After paying the full deposit for a 2-seater customized sofa in the showroom of Executive Living last night, I became one of the customers of Executive Living.

As my English is bad, I prefer to use Chinese to share my experience with Executive Living, which might contain more details. Hope it would be helpful to some of the forumers.

我家刚刚拿到新房子的钥匙,最近一直在考虑家具的事情。正好看到expo这个2011家居盛典的广告,于是我和我太太就下去expo看一下。我们的主要目的是考察沙发,当然也会留意看是否有合适的餐桌和茶几。

说实在的,大部分的沙发都没有引起我和我太太的兴趣。我们喜欢的沙发是样子有一些时髦,看起来像设计的沙发,但是又需要坐下去很舒服的那种。我太太首先被Executive Living的一架L型沙发吸引,然后就有个sales来招呼我们。这架L型沙发,靠背可以移到后面,坐下去还是比较舒服的,沙发的质地摸起来也还感觉不错。但是它有3.2米长,我家的客厅摆放沙发的长度最多只能到3米。这个sales说,他们的沙发都可以定制,修改,将它改成3米一点问题都没有。但是我还是没有那么的喜欢这架。

然后这个sales把我们领到前面的一架2 seater的沙发,两个座椅之间是一个小茶几,可以放水。(就是有点象汽车前排档位器那个可以放水壶的装置)。这个沙发也是靠背可以移到后面,然后两边的扶手可以向外打开,sales说这个扶手很方便放置笔记本电脑什么的。我很喜欢的是,打开扶手之后,如果靠背也移到后面,那么这架沙发就变成一个很舒服的皮沙发床。我们觉得这架沙发坐的很舒服,冰冰凉凉的,沙发的皮质摸起来给人很细嫩的感觉。sales告诉我们这个沙发的座椅里面是放了鹅毛。他也告诉我们他们的沙发的皮都是头层牛皮的。(当然,那个时候,我对皮的知识很少很少)。 这个sales还给我们介绍了很多皮的知识和他们的沙发的相关的情况,和很多我们遇到的sales不太一样,他很耐心,一点都没有push的意思。我们还要求他将中间那个放水的架子拿掉摆给我们看,他也一一照做。实话说,我们当时很喜欢这个沙发,也对这个sales留下了比较深刻的印象。 不过,我们还是离开了executive living的展台,继续去看别的沙发。有了这个基础,我们发现还有些别的厂商也有类似的概念的沙发,但是我和我太太都觉得,从样子还有坐下去的感觉,还是executive living的这架感觉比较好一点。由于我们是晚上才去的,很快就10点多了,expo要关门了,我们并没有看完所有的沙发就得回家了。

然后我回家就在网络上面做了些沙发的研究,然后就看到了这个帖子,并努力把它读完了。网络上的这个executive living还是给我留下了很深的印象。因为他有勇气和信心在网络上面维护自己的产品,并做after sales, 这也能使得客户对他们的产品具有更多的信心。凭直觉,我觉得今天招呼我的那个sales就是网络上的这个Executiveliving. 因为,我觉得,在新加坡,我遇到的对工作那么有passion的sales也不是那么多,呵呵。

然后隔了几天的某个晚上,我和太太想到那天expo的家具还没看完,我们就又下去了。(我们家在东边,离expo很近)。然后,我还想专门到Executive Living的展台去看看,看看是否能找到上次那个sales打个招呼,同时继续考察下我们喜欢的那架沙发。他果然还在那儿,我和他打招呼,他犹豫了一下之后才可能认出了我。我就直接和他说我在renotalk看了这个帖子,我说我有95巴仙把握觉得那个executiveLiving就是你,就问他是不是。他就笑了起来。不管怎么样,我们之间更亲切了些。我又问了它那架沙发的情况,由于在这个帖子里面(也包括renotalk里面其他的一些有关皮沙发的帖子),我对皮沙发的认识有所提高,因而也更加了解我喜欢的这架沙发的相关情况。我和我太太都觉得,比较过expo的其他沙发,我们还是觉得这架最舒服。我最后叫这个sales给我开个“公道的”价钱。收到这个价钱,我和我太太觉得还可以负担,我们也愿意为我们尝试的这架沙发付这个价钱。我们讲好,有机会回来买这个沙发。

但是,我的父母亲他们看了这个沙发的照片之后,觉得这个two seater沙发有些短小,(2.45m),没有那么大气,有些支撑不了客厅的感觉。我们也有类似的感觉。于是上个星期天,8月21号,我们决定再下去executive living的show room去看看还有没有合适的沙发。因为我们是临时决定的,我们并没有告知招呼我们的那个sales我们要下去。但是当我们到达那个show room的时候,惊奇的发现他正好也在那儿(他真勤奋啊)。原来他在帮一个客户(和客户的designer)在选沙发的颜色。我们就和他讲了我们的担心,他也没有丝毫的不耐烦,仍然很耐心的和我们介绍他们show room里面的沙发。我太太看上另外一架长L型沙发,这个sales,还有show room里面的其他executive Living的sales也都很耐心的一一满足我们的要求(呵呵,因为我们在它们的展台出现了好几次,时间都还比较长,他们很多sales都认得我们了,老板也看着我们眼熟. 这里要感谢executive living所有招待过我们的sales)。 遗憾的这个沙发,我也还是不那么喜欢。所以还是回到那个旧的我们喜欢的2 seater沙发,(他们showroom里面并没有摆那个沙发,说是因为那是新款的原因)。 我们询问是否可以帮我们把那个沙发的靠背加长,并做一些相应的修改。他们很热情的回应说可以,并提出一些具体的措施。我觉得还蛮感激的。 但是,我们也决定趁着这天是星期天,我们再去看看别的沙发品牌,如果我们没有找到好的替代,我们晚上还是下去expo看我们喜欢的那架沙发。

于是我们就从东部kaki bukit出发,最后逛了park mall(一些对于其他厂商的体会,我会再分开写出)。最后,我们还是继续返回expo. 那个sales, 他果然还在那里。 我的太太,实在是喜欢那架沙发,(我其实也是很喜欢的,但是美中不足的,我的确觉得它如果能够长一些,放在客厅就会更气派一些)。于是我们商量让executive living帮我们加长那个靠背。他们欣然同意,并且说,会做3d图给我们,并答应一直修改到我们满意为止。

于是我们就敲定下订单了。这个时候,我本来以为价钱就是我上次和他们商量好的价钱。因为我们就是很喜欢我们试过的这架沙发的一切,我们要求我们买的沙发(质地)要和这架一样。然后我才知道,他之前quote我的价钱是full leather, 而这架是full leather semi aniline, 还要加钱。虽然我还是有些心痛这多出来的好些钱,不过考虑到(1)他们要帮我特别定制 ; (2) 我觉得我也愿意为这个(能给我和我太太带来舒服感觉的)沙发付出这个价钱。 于是我就同意了这个新的价钱。

他最后还要我付full deposit,说因为这个是定制的沙发。 我也是有些犹豫,不过,考虑到我在网络上看到的ExecutiveLiving这个ID的形象,也考虑到这些天我和他之间的一些比较深入的交流,我也同意付出全款的定金。

由于当时没有带SC的信用卡,所以我最后是昨天才下去他们的showroom交付定金的。

总的来说,我对executive living的感觉

(1) 有很多沙发的设计都比较新颖 ;

(2) 很多sales都很友善。尤其是Mr. Executiveliving. 我觉得他对工作很有passion, 而且很照顾客户,能很细心的为客户着想。 我觉得因为他的缘故,我对executive living的产品的信心得到了增强。我想,这也是我们买它的沙发的一个重要原因。

(3)我觉得他们的沙发,是比较value for money. 对于我们而言,价格可以负担得起(相对那些昂贵的意大利沙发),然后又带给我们一些惊喜(对比很多平庸的新加坡本地厂商的沙发)。

(4)我希望我从executive living买到了我花那么多钱,我应该买得到的东西。(货要对板)

Mr. Executiveliving告诉我由于我是定制沙发的缘故,所以要花10个星期才能送货。当然,他说他会努力加速这个过程。呵呵。。但是我现在已经迫不及待的想得到那架沙发了!

我的一个很大的希望,就是最终递送给我的那架沙发,它的品质和我在expo感受的那架一摸一样! 希望Executive Living不要让我失望哦!

我也会在我收到沙发之后,再来更新一下,报告给各位网友,收到的沙发到底怎么样。

最后再次感谢Executive Living所有帮助过我们的人员,尤其是mr. executive living. 我也希望executive living公司继续进步,所有的客户都能以它为荣!

Hi Iqqchen,

IMO, don't you find it weird that they let you test the full leather semi aniline sofa and when you asked for the quote, they quoted you the full leather sofa price (which is lower). This made you and your wife thought that their sofa set is more comfortable and value for money as compared to sofas from other companies. If you didn't ask to have the same quality and feel, you would be paying for a different set of sofa. If that happens, I wonder what will you think of El and its sales staff.

Hi laoyao64,

Yes, you are right. I did mention that I felt a bit disappointed when I knew I had to pay extra for the same quality material as the one I tested. But I accepted the new price because (1) I think they need to do some customization for my sofa and (2) the new price is still within the range I can stretch.

Hi Mr. EL,

>>>If you didn't ask to have the same quality and feel, you would be paying for a different set of sofa. If that happens, I wonder what will you think of El and its sales staff.

I think laoyao64 posted a good question. This should really be a good lesson for you (and for me).

For me, I feel lucky (for both me and Executive Living) that I emphasized that I only want the same quality as the one I tested and you confirmed the price for this exact one. I remembered that when I expressed my disappointment to you regarding this, you said sorry and mentioned there is some misunderstanding. I accept the explanation because (1) I have established truest in you and (2) I might think it is a common strategy for you (and other sales) to give a lower price which is not for the top quality one when first quoted. Many customers might be just scared away without looking deeper into the product if they heard a higher price (comparing to the price quoted by other vendors for non-top quality materials).

I can imagine that I (or any customer) would be very angry if I found out the one I bought is not the one I asked.

So Mr. EL please do take note of this lesson and keep on improving!

Dear all readers, I have received my sofa from EL. My experience with the delivery is a positive one. The guys came on time.... In fact about 15min earlier than promised, the guys are friendly in every way, explaining to me how the sofa works and checking the sofa to make sure it is in good shape. Thank you EL. You guys sure are progressing well, keep it up :yamseng:

Hi EL, I just bought a new sofa set from EL during the modern living expo show and it comes with a free 3D drawing from a seems like quite new ID company. When we were discussing about the reno with this ID company at the expo, they agreed to send us the 3D drawing via email. But after some email exchanges, they claimed that it's not their company policy to send the 3D drawing via email. Actually after so many email exchanges on requesting for the quotation and 3D drawing, they keep delaying and the change of words has made me to come to a conclusion of not hiring them anymore. Just imagine contract not even signed yet already encountered problems, I dun even dare to think after contract is being signed with them. Therefore my wife upon encountering this situation, began to question as we bought the sofa from EL and did not really got the whole package which the salesman promised us during our purchase. But I do hope that when the sofa is being delivered to us, I will have a good experience dealing with EL. Its really great for EL to create an account here to explain the details with fellow consumers.