Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

i've not bought anything before EL, so i cannot comment on their products or sales talk.

But i read this thread and i may consider these points:

a) EL marketting approach may target to those mass market type eg toyota value. They are not targetting on the higher end, like Mercedes/bmw sofa.

b) i am sure forum members know that when they buy sofas and can feel the comfort and discomfort of the materials. So if u sit on a sofa and feel like toyota, perhaps that is the value or $ you should pay. Not a cents more.

c) I bought my sofa $7k from castila premium few years back, and still very happy about it. I guess one have to pay for a price for expensive stuffs.

When i buy something, i always consider these points in order. (u may say i m crazy)

1. Buy a product, pay a price. Ask yourself what is the depreciation rate (rough calculation) per month. Anything exceeded life-span, you earn its value already. Taking eg of my sofa, i tell myself last 7 years good enough with one year depreciation of 1k, which translate $83 per month.

2. Always buy good quality that can outlast your own generation life-span. Serious man, i prefer to buy something that can pass to next generation where possible. Eg I buy quality watch that can pass to my children, 100% burma teak wood stuffs that can pass down, property that can pass down. Like that you won't feel cheated.

3. I learnt that whenever i hve a new home and buy furniture , if i buy cheaper sofa or stuffs, very likely u will re-buy over the years which is a hassle !

So ask yourself when you buy from EL, ask yourself how long YOU PLAN the product to last.

frankly furniture buying is alot more tricky...btw im following this thread becos im shopping for a new sofa too aft my dodgy sofa failed aft jus 2 yrs of light usage. yes when i bot, the shop promised me 5 yr warranty, they are a big firm, its going to b genuine leather. but 2yrs+ on, the shop folded (should hv given me 10yrs warranty, would hv made me pay more haha!), the genuine leather turned out to be PU leather. anyw i jus take it as a lesson as 1st time buyers, no problem. there r many such shops out there, i even rem Morris (where is it now btw?), balestier point basement used to hv one (below the Living Vision now) that my wife likes alot but tat also gone.

anyw i jus confimed my lorenzo sofa last sun. yes i hv 100% genuine cowhide leather, 5yrs warranty, colour code, leather name, expressly stated on my invoice. i didnt even worry abt the deposit i had to place. once bitten twice shy i guess.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Executive Living

As mentioned in my earlier post, I bought a $2099 sofa (half leather) from you, waiting for delivery. However, when I checked the invoice, it was stated only as "H/Leather" for the sofa. So can you confirm that you will be using "genuine cow hide leather from Brazil" and "full top grain leather" for the contact areas of the sofa, as promised by your sales person and stated by you in the forum respectively? if yes, so can I ask your company to re-issue me with an invoice or an e-mail stating the above then? Have a good day :-)

To Other forummer

Perhaps you think I am stupid not to ask the sales person to commit it in writing on the invoice. Yes, perhaps I am :-). but then, I dun buy sofa often, so it's difficult for me to know all these terms and issues to look after. I guess most people are like me :-) However, I am not regretting the purchase yet....see how it goes :-)

dun worry bro, when i bot my first sofa, me n my wife were worse. she only see the design, i only see the price haah!

frankly furniture buying is alot more tricky...btw im following this thread becos im shopping for a new sofa too aft my dodgy sofa failed aft jus 2 yrs of light usage. yes when i bot, the shop promised me 5 yr warranty, they are a big firm, its going to b genuine leather. but 2yrs+ on, the shop folded (should hv given me 10yrs warranty, would hv made me pay more haha!), the genuine leather turned out to be PU leather. anyw i jus take it as a lesson as 1st time buyers, no problem. there r many such shops out there, i even rem Morris (where is it now btw?), balestier point basement used to hv one (below the Living Vision now) that my wife likes alot but tat also gone.

anyw i jus confimed my lorenzo sofa last sun. yes i hv 100% genuine cowhide leather, 5yrs warranty, colour code, leather name, expressly stated on my invoice. i didnt even worry abt the deposit i had to place. once bitten twice shy i guess.

Hi eiffel76,

how do u tell if it is PU or genuine leather? I got this bad feeling the one i just got is PU dunno why....

Hi eiffel76,

how do u tell if it is PU or genuine leather? I got this bad feeling the one i just got is PU dunno why....

One of the ways is to look at the sofa, if the panels are very large, most likely synthetic because genuine leather is constrained by the size of the hide.

The other way is to look for irregular markings, good quality cowhide will usually have some irregular markings because real leather is a natural products and is not 100% consistent.

If you post a picture sometimes we can figure it out by looking at the image.

Hi eiffel76,

like wat samtheman says, very large panels are giveaways. for my case, it peeled very badly. its like you can scratch it and pull off a slice of the top layer. that is def not genuine leather.

also, i considered reupholster it cos it is a very big sofa and getting the same size brand new is easily above 2.5k and the reupholstery guy also said it is PU leather, not even synthetic leather.

based on my experience, dun ever apply those leather cream or leather oil to PU leather. you wil kill it faster.

i wont comment on your sofa but just a honest advice is to try asking your salesperson to acknowledge on your receipt that this is genuine leather. becos if it is real genuine leather on your sofa, i dun see why they cant agree to such small request. this acknowledgement will also help u in the future should there b issues with your sofa.

Hi Executive Living

Noted your comment that your leather comes from the same source. However, I doubt all your leather would have the same quality, isn't it? If yes, my question will then remains the same, i.e. whether you can confirm that you will be using "genuine cow hide leather from Brazil" and "full top grain leather" for the contact areas of the sofa that I've purchased, as stated by you in the forum respectively? if yes, how about an e-mail stating the above? I can give you my invoice number, if you wish to confirm that I'm a genuine customer and not your competitor :-)

Have a good day :-)

Hi Robster

All of our leather comes from the same source. Therefore, we did not specifically state what kind of leather it is. It was all over our brouchures and website the type of leather that we used. However if you wanted to come down , we will obliged.

Hi Robster

Our leather comes in different grade, however its all from the same source. Your promotional sets is a top grain entry level bovine leather. If that pleases you, I'd be glad to be a service to you by sending the email to give you a written assurance. Please let me have your email address. I do not know if you are allow to post yur email address in this forum. alternatively, you can all our office, quote your invoice number and I will expedite it. thank you and have a nice day.

Does top grain entry level bovine leather = Corrected Grain Buffalo Hide, 0.9mm- 1.1m thick?

Thumbs up ! EL . You really do reply everyone of them.. Which i feel is very well done. The most feared stuns for consumers are once we buy, there is no after sales support and we are left there with no help and all..

Jia you ba

Hi Executive Living

Thank you for your e-mail confirming on the quality of leather used on my sofa. Your e-mail is very much appreciated and it showed that your company dare to commit in writing on what you said. I believe I have made the right choice in purchasing from your company.

Have a good day :-)

I've just raised a new topic "layman term for leather sofa" in this forum

Sam replies consider good. So whenever you shop for leather sofa, look out for these information.

Hi all,

Sorry I forgot abt this thread until I saw a slight scratch at the bottom of my sofa.. based on what you have all said.. I think it is most likely PU......................................................................................

Do take a look, not sure if the pic will slow up here.. The living vision guy told us FULL LEATHER. I can't remember right now if it was written on the invoice

ya wid, here is executive living thread. lets take your discussion to the other thread. we can discuss there. :)

Hi Widdlepuke

I am sorry if I misunderstood your intention, we are Executive Living, the one you mentioned is from Living Vision.Please rectify, the sofa that you posted is not one of our model.

Ok took it off, if anyone can help me with identifying if my sofa is PU or leather, will appreciate it: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33401&st=0&gopid=653570entry653570