Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

Toilet Problem

Hi gnolard,

Thanks for your reply.

Just frustrating cos he doesn't seem to offer any other advice other than saying it's no good or not suitable. It will be helpful if he says he can try to 'fix' the problem or offer some other solution. All 5 houses we've seen thus far have hit roadblocks and always cos of the toilets.

Sigh.. Oh well, will ask him again tomorrow the possibility of this particular house.

Thanks again (:

Why don't you check out with another fsm. A good one usually offers remedies. Or you may compare what they said.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions here.

Went down to see the geomancer today. He says that our toilets are always in the wealth area or that it affects the health. And unless we don't use the toilets (which of cos is impossible) then we should probably look someplace else. He mentioned about flushing our luck or wealth away.. something like that.. *grumble*

However, that wasn't the worst. He said that this particular unit we are looking at has got lots of 'yin'. Says there are many 'brothers and sisters' there. I'm not an expert (nor a well-read amateur for that matter) in the field of fengshui but can a house's fengshui actually invite 'brothers and sisters'? Does that mean the whole stack in that block is not livable?

He got me pondering after the meeting. Thought i'd post here to enlighten myself and those who are interested.

Thanks for all your advice. Am glad I found this site! (:

Interesting....so if he can tell its "yin", then he must be able to chase them away liaozzzzz......you got check with him or not?

Interesting....so if he can tell its "yin", then he must be able to chase them away liaozzzzz......you got check with him or not?

Hi Ivy,

Yup, he says there are remedies. But he says not 100% cos he wouldn't know how "fierce" they can be.

I have heard stories from friends about relatives getting illnesses cos of such things and other similar happenings so we don't wanna take the risk.

Tiolet bowl can be shifted one meh? Like that the waste stack must be shifted too liao. Can change from squat to sit type and vice versa.

Hi bepgof,

I read from one of the forums that someone actually shifted his toilet bowl to a different location - he re-piped that toilet, for fengshui reasons. Not sure if that helped his situation but my fsm says won't be much use cos the main pipe is stil at the problem area.

First time I heard so much emphasis on toilet. Important usually is the Main Door, stove? Sorry i am no feng shui expert. Just a question.

U mentioned that your family have been with your fsm for quite a number of years so I guess u guys have that level kind of trust already. I will give the hse a miss cos I don't want the 'What if' questions to haunt me when something were to happen. But indeed this is my first time that I heard a fsm stressed so much on the toilet...

First time I heard so much emphasis on toilet. Important usually is the Main Door, stove? Sorry i am no feng shui expert. Just a question.

If tiolets are so bad as to fs, what abt the uncles & anuties sitting next to public tiolets' entrances to collect money?

If 9-grids can be drawn and stars assigned to here & there for a residential house, then, logically any space (a room, a public garden, a warehouse, a shopping mall etc, etc) can do the same. Questions come:

- Who are the owners of these space?

- Date of birth of building???Some building take 10, 50 years to complete, how to determine the DOB?

- Build half way stop for 10 yr, continue till completion, how?.

- Go "wang" area to these places?.

I like to let my imgination run "wild". Personally found 八宅 & 玄空 's fundaments got problems. Same for the "month pillar (esp leap month) & time pillar (2-hr longitude, 30 degree) over the countries for "Bazi" & "紫微斗数“.

Edited by bepgof

Hi Piko,

u are 2/3 right but u lack of one area and its not the toilet.

Usually there are 3 main things which FSM will emphasis.

There will always be flaws with all homes.

As long as these three are good, the minor ones like the toilet should not be a deciding factor.

Edited by gnolard

If tiolets are so bad as to fs, what abt the uncles & anuties sitting next to public tiolets' entrances to collect money?

If 9-grids can be drawn and stars assigned to here & there for a residential house, then, logically any space (a room, a public garden, a warehouse, a shopping mall etc, etc) can do the same. Questions come:

- Who are the owners of these space?

- Date of birth of building???Some building take 10, 50 years to complete, how to determine the DOB?

- Build half way stop for 10 yr, continue till completion, how?.

- Go "wang" area to these places?.

I like to let my imgination run "wild". Personally found 八宅 & 玄空 's fundaments got problems. Same for the "month pillar (esp leap month) & time pillar (2-hr longitude, 30 degree) over the countries for "Bazi" & "紫微斗数“.

Hi Bepgof,

I wouldn't say the fundamentals got problem.

Rather the fundamentals are not specific enough which left some grey areas.

Well, i would attribute this to different schools different teachings and traditional chinese will not teach the students everything (somehow this is a 'bad' asian practise).

Simple question like how do u determine 宅向?

Different schools got different logic and till today, such fundamentals questions are not answered.

As for 八字 and 紫微, the 2 hour interval pillar is definitely too long a gap which i think so too.

There has been theory that the interval is much lesser and therefore used to be more accurate but along the way,

the method was lost and deteriorate to the existing 2 hours.

U mentioned that your family have been with your fsm for quite a number of years so I guess u guys have that level kind of trust already. I will give the hse a miss cos I don't want the 'What if' questions to haunt me when something were to happen. But indeed this is my first time that I heard a fsm stressed so much on the toilet...

Hi friends78,

Yup we gave it a miss already. Moved along to look at other houses.

Made an offer on a house which the fsm seemed most optimistic about so far. So hope the agent comes back with a positive.

I'm getting more intrigued with all these fengshui stuff you guys are discussing here. :)

UOB has withdrwn an lawsuit against HK fsm 陈振聪 who bought a plot of land in Sentosa (monthly instalment=SGD68,000) :sport-smiley-003: buy house yet to be built within certain timing. You know what he said: Have to see neighbours' houses first then he can decide WHAT to built! Tokong!

UOB should know better than to sue him because fengshui beliefs & practices are deeply entrenched into the Hong-Konger's daily lifestyle & cultures. They believe in fengshui; Just look at those HK TV stars!

By the way, UOB also have their own fengshui master :P

nah, everyone in HK knows this guy is a cheat. he just lost a very high profile law suit in getting $$ from Nina Wong's inheritance.

UOB probably knows that very soon he has no money to pay for the monthly installment, no need to waste effort to sue him :lol:

btw just fyi, it's not true that fS is entrenched in every HK-er's life. i am not and most of my friends are not :) but somehow i found many SGreans have this perception. those TV stars do not represent the mentality of common pple there :P

Edited by marshmallow

I'm getting more intrigued with all these fengshui stuff you guys are discussing here. :)

If you are interested to read up more on house FS audit, you can visit my blog and read the audit of a resale flat which my sister paid $1K option fee but decided to drop it, which is more 'scary' than the 'toilet problem' you faced!!! :jawdrop:

Start looking at the beautiful renovation...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996&st=1273

Then.....the problems come!!

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996&st=1323

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996&st=1476

...external features to avoid:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996&st=1395

Hi Bepgof,

I wouldn't say the fundamentals got problem.

Rather the fundamentals are not specific enough which left some grey areas.

Well, i would attribute this to different schools different teachings and traditional chinese will not teach the students everything (somehow this is a 'bad' asian practise).

Simple question like how do u determine 宅向?

Different schools got different logic and till today, such fundamentals questions are not answered.

As for 八字 and 紫微, the 2 hour interval pillar is definitely too long a gap which i think so too.

There has been theory that the interval is much lesser and therefore used to be more accurate but along the way,

the method was lost and deteriorate to the existing 2 hours.

1. To me, fs recognises no one's date of birth or year of birth(八宅), not to mention buildings' date of birth. It treats all human beings the same as like "time" is given to everyone 24 hours day, as long as the human beings are living on earth. It simply follows the principles of "水来土淹,兵来将挡".

2. One must recognise the fact that a residential unit accomodate a few human beings(majority), and not just one. Perhaps this applies well to the dead's house. These few ppls born in different years, months and dates. So, if according to 八宅's fundamental, I think a house best built with 8 doors, each facing different directions so to accomodate these ppls! Like 老巴刹 and CK Tang building?

3. To follow GMT, UTO, UT1, UT1R, UT2R, UTC, Internatin atomic time?. Imagine the Earth is sliced into 12 equal arcs, each arc from north pole to south pole and each arc consists of 30 degree longitude (2 hours). Theoretically is like that, geograpically and practically countries don't practise this! Why? Read slowly, look at the map (blue & red lines)carefully: Sinagpore is at 1deg22min N, 103deg45min E.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Time

The blind leads a blind will eventually fall into.....hope this is the my last post on this.

1. some school of fengshui takes into account the residents' date of birth as well as the building's date of birth - flying star

2. not true that every house must have 8 doors in 8 different directions as you may take the main bread-winner's date/time of birth as basis, no need to take all the residents' data

3. time is not so crucial, facing direction is more important

Look like you don't get what I'm try to say. I put it(them) plain, easy to understand:

1. I'm aware of these different schools of taughts, whether xuan kong, purple-white stars, bazhai, etc etc, take ones' DOB as "input". XuanKong take builings' dob as "input" + 20yrs cycles + stars and work with 9-grid chart. Based on these "inputs", "things" work out & expands... Quite similar to Bazi, DOB as "input", "mix" and "expand" with wuxing, 10 heavenly stems & 12 earthly branches and so many possible combinations and almost no end.

2. The fundamental pitfall of these systems are that they are designed for "individual", not for "family" as a whole. Meaning it is meant for "one person one house". In reality it is not like that so geomancers have to say, it is for "bread-winner only", no kids, no parents, no maid...., like that correct, logical meh?

3. Time is not so crucial? 天时,地利,人和。An event to happen, always involve these 3 elements, now you say time is not so crucial. Diection is only part of 地利.

4. Back to the map in the link in previous post, about timing. Take China for example, geographically it covers GMT+5 to GMT+9, legally speaking, from E to W, supposed to be 4 hours difference, BUT in political reality, CHINA is made a ONE TIME ZONE! Whoever born, whether at E or W having the same time! Australi is a 3 hour-time zone, swee, it follows the rule.

Now you understand why I say the bazi's "time pillar" already "bochun" in certain countries due to political reasons?

If you are interested to read up more on house FS audit, you can visit my blog and read the audit of a resale flat which my sister paid $1K option fee but decided to drop it, which is more 'scary' than the 'toilet problem' you faced!!! :jawdrop:

Thanks mae!

I'm going to read them now. Thanks for sharing! :)