Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

My First Home

Dear all brothers and sisters....i have been following RT for couple of months and finally decided to start my own T-Blog. :sport-smiley-004:

Hahha..this is so really funny....i'm not a blog person and now i actually starting one. Never imagine I will have this day. :bow:

I will be getting a HDB Resale EA and next week is my 2nd appt, but I wouldn't be to start my Reno since i have given the seller 3 mth extension. :dunno:

So i guess i have lots of time to think about the design and theme of my house. First time house owner...so very blur. But luckily, this forum have given me lot of knowledge & tips.... really glad. Still pondering to get ID or contractor as i have my own idea and prefer to do my own design (ya..my pride is getting the better of me..no choice coz i'm in creative line)

Now is creaking my brain on the space planning as the layout in the current house is very weird. Am thinking how i can best make use of every space in the house.

Would like to seek the kind advice and opinion from the experts here about new current layout. How best i can re-do the layout?

TIA :yamseng:

Edited by IPineapple

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Am thinking to convert the utility room to dinning room with raised platform. Not sure of this is a good ideal.

Place the dinning table in the dinning area or kitchen all seems werid, coz it blocking the way if place dinning table. :jawdrop:

Am thinking to convert the utility room to dinning room with raised platform. Not sure of this is a good ideal.

Place the dinning table in the dinning area or kitchen all seems werid, coz it blocking the way if place dinning table. :jawdrop:

Layout looks really good, very spacious! :good:

Dining in the utility might be a little cramped, also will need to check how the windows are.. Big windows will mean more comfort..

Have fun with the reno! :sport-smiley-004:

Layout looks really good, very spacious! :good:

Dining in the utility might be a little cramped, also will need to check how the windows are.. Big windows will mean more comfort..

Have fun with the reno! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi mabaricows..thanks. hehe.

Humm....was concerned about that too. Initial idea is to have those raised japan platform, so kinda small cozy feel like those Japan VIP room with sunken area for leg. Those those platform cost around $5000. Anyone know cheaper one?

Good and spacious layout!! But pls don't hack the utility. You need a store room. Use bedroom 3 lah.... Then you will have a big living cum dining. That if you don't need all 3 bedrooms.

Having jap style dining sound good but difficult to maintain (ie difficult to clean the area for your feet) but dangerous if you have babies in future. Unless you don't plan to stay long in this flat.

welcome to RT pineapple, spacious new place for you to look forward to. I agree with May not to hack the storeroom and instead use BR3 if you can spare the space.

as for ID or contractor, you really gotta just look around for several quotes cos nowadays contractor price and some ID price are comparable, sometimes contractor price is even more than ID price too!

you are so nice to the current homeowner to let them stay for 3months, my buyer is also doing the same for me. I plan on getting something for them after we can move out from my current place. :yeah: It is really another stupid rule by HDB that ends up penalizing everyone for those selfish errant people buying HDB for speculation. :rolleyes:

Thanks May_dream1 and sleek for visit my blog and the great advise given. :rolleyes:

Hahah...ya did not really thought about children safety in future. Was initially thinking to build a small partion room for store.

Wow really..i always thought ID mark up alot as compared to ID that's why bit skeptical engaging them.

Yup, will definitely seek your kind advise to ask from both as comparision. :thumbs up:

Now headache as what to do what my initial dinning. As you can see from my floor plan, it's directly at the entrance. I dun really like the idea of having dinning room at entrance. Not really eye pleasing to me....hehe :notti:

Any idea how i can make use of this space? :dunno:

Now headache as what to do what my initial dinning. As you can see from my floor plan, it's directly at the entrance. I dun really like the idea of having dinning room at entrance. Not really eye pleasing to me....hehe :notti:

Any idea how i can make use of this space? :dunno:

How bout do a partition of water feature wall then follow by a rect. dining table behind it. Or hack the kitchen wall, then do a bottom kitchen cabinet join with the island as the dining table.

Master bedroom do wardrobe at both side of the wall with the bed hidden at 1 of the wardrobe.

Edited by jaskel

How bout do a partition of water feature wall then follow by a rect. dining table behind it. Or hack the kitchen wall, then do a bottom kitchen cabinet join with the island as the dining table.

Master bedroom do wardrobe at both side of the wall with the bed hidden at 1 of the wardrobe.

hi Jaskel, nice to see you visiting my blog. hehe...

Thanks for the great advise...will give some thoughts about it.

Oh btw..i will be contacting you in 1 or 2 months time..hehe :notti:

Still pondering to get ID or contractor as i have my own idea and prefer to do my own design (ya..my pride is getting the better of me..no choice coz i'm in creative line)

Now is creaking my brain on the space planning as the layout in the current house is very weird. Am thinking how i can best make use of every space in the house.

Wow really..i always thought ID mark up alot as compared to ID that's why bit skeptical engaging them.

Maybe to share my experience... I wanted to engage contractors initially to save $$$, but after seeing the design by my IDs... I've to admit no regrets (based on design since my reno hasn't started).

I would never have thought of doing what they'd proposed, and I really love their concept/space planning.

As for ideas, my IDs incorporated some of my ideas into the design and I believe you can do that too with most IDs. During the design process, I'll just toss in ideas and if those are totally not workable, they'll explain why, which is also great learning. :)

All the best with your reno and since you are in the creative line (which aspect?), I'll be keeping a close eye on your blog... :)

hi Adidaem,

Thanks for sharing experience. That's really nice of you. :thumbs up:

Yup, will definitely compare the price and concept from both.

hahaha...dun stress me leh..not sure how my concept will turn out..coz no finalise concept yet.

Guess the more i see and more i think....i more confuse.

Trying too hard... :bangwall:

Maybe i should just hand off let the ID handle...so no stress. :unsure:

hi Jaskel, nice to see you visiting my blog. hehe...

Thanks for the great advise...will give some thoughts about it.

Oh btw..i will be contacting you in 1 or 2 months time..hehe :notti:

Sure, will wait for your call. Maybe during my free time, I can give some advises and space planning. Be it in the end u engaging me or not, hope it will help u in some ways or another. :)