Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Starting this T-blog to share with everyone our joy for getting this place and also as a memory.

This unit is located just opposite to the YCK MRT station, on the high floor. Lift is still upgrading and thus, the poor contractors have to shift and move things up and down the stairs to the lift-level manually.

I have rushed the contractor to complete everything on time as I will be having my wedding in early Sept. Been extremely busy with work, wedding and this renovation, hence apologize if this blog is not updated as frequent as I hope it to be.

HDB TYPE: 3NG (67sqm)

Contractor : KOONG YEE ( ALAN and ZEN are the one in charge of my unit)

HDB Completion date : 24th July

Renovation start date : 28th July (they could start earlier, but because I wanted to choose a date to start work)

I have spoke to various ID firms and although Koong Yee is not the cheapest of all, they listen to what I say and this is definitely an important point which I take into consideration. They will allow me to tell them what I want, before they input their advice.

Am very impressed with Alan and Zen. Due to my urgent rush, they've done my quotation in 1 day and even met me up as late as 10pm to discuss some stuffs which I feel it'd be more comfortable speaking to them in person.

Initial Stage of unit:

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

Edited by zanntan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This is the 3D from Koong Yee.

I will be hacking the Storeroom and extending a walk-in wardrobe into the Common bedroom. Downside is that the common room will be much smaller, but our intention is to use the common room as a Mahjong room, so no harm making it smaller.

livingnew_copy.jpg

kitchen_copy.jpg

Our Contractor actually placed markings to let the workers know where to hack...

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

From the above photo, I believe I know who he voted for during the GE !

I understand that HDB only allows 3 days for hacking works to be completed. I was quite curious about the process and headed down on day 2 Night.

Due to work in the day, I could only visit the house during the night.

DAY 2- No More LIGHTS !!!

IMG_0614.jpg

Wall between kitchen and hall have been taken down. Like most 3rm flats, we are extending our hall and leveling up the kitchen flooring

IMG_0618.jpg

Because of my schedule, Zen has brought me to choose my tiles earlier on. I have chosen the tiles on Tuesday (1 day after collection of keys) and on Friday, the tiles have arrived. Together with the heavy cements and wall plaster stuffs.

As my house is non-lift level, the workers are actually carrying them all by hand. My time of arrival is at about 10.30pm, and 6 workers are still there ! Shifting things to my unit.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

starting to remove the debris from the hacking

Since the arrival of the tiles, some works are done simultaneously..

- rooms and living are being plastered while toilets and kitchens are preparing for tiling.

Things to be completed during week 1

- Hacking

- plastering

- Tiling for toilets

- Walk-in wardrobe extension

- door frames

Things to be completed during week 2

- Leveling of kitchen flooring

- Tiling for whole house

- Wall tiling

- Kitchen cabinet Base, fridge base

- water piping

- gas piping

- rewiring

For Week 3

- Lamination of bedrooms

- False ceiling, L-box

- Acid wash

- Install sinks, toilet bowls, etc.

- Lightings

- painting

In fact after week 3, most items should have already completed, just pending the carpentry stuffs

so week 4 will be just :

- kitchen cabinets

- Bed frame, bed head

- feature wall

Great to see another 3-roomer! Think most are doing open concept kitchen nowsaday. I'm thinking to extend the MBR too by hacking off the storeroom but am pondering how shld I keep my stuffs without a store. Any clever ideas to share? Will also be hacking off the wall adjoining the living room to widen the living room itself (3 room's living room too narrow).

Care to share ur quotations and floorplan of the proposed design?

Steps outside the door is done as well. Have requested to do it in this type of material.

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

Masterbedroom's toilet flooring and wall tiles done as well. Decided to go on the "darker" feeling for master-bedroom. Whole room will be on darker tone.

Great to see another 3-roomer! Think most are doing open concept kitchen nowsaday. I'm thinking to extend the MBR too by hacking off the storeroom but am pondering how shld I keep my stuffs without a store. Any clever ideas to share? Will also be hacking off the wall adjoining the living room to widen the living room itself (3 room's living room too narrow).

Care to share ur quotations and floorplan of the proposed design?

Floorplan I will scan it up when back in my office, but I guess the floorplan is pretty much the same, just that I extended the hall into the kitchen (commonly done).

I have also the intention to extend the master bedroom toilet outwards, (i.e. the vanity area out of the toilet) , but was told by contractor that there might be problem getting approval and it will take some time. Hence, idea was abolished.

For storeroom, have the same issues with you. But since my common room is usually empty, guess I will just throw junk items in there. But, seriously without a storeroom, I guess the tendency of us keeping unwanted stuffs will be lower. ( when i open my storeroom now, it is really like a junkyard )

Total cost of reno is in the region between 35 to 40k. This includes re-wiring and includes a system 3 aircon. I choose to let them handle everything, so ask them to just buy the AC for me as well.

Walls which is not tiled is also prepared. I am actually only tiling up the section up to the fridge. The rest will be painted.

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Flooring is laid with foam board, waiting for leveling to be done.