Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MingzhuAng

A Place Of Our Own.

Wei, when can bring BB to come n play with Dino huh...Dun worry, my Dino is friendly n tame!

I guess BB is juz like my sis's schnauzer. Cheeky n handsome! But Dino always kena bullied leh...

I so crazy over dogs n Dino has many frens here too! U must come by ok?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wei, when can bring BB to come n play with Dino huh...Dun worry, my Dino is friendly n tame!

I guess BB is juz like my sis's schnauzer. Cheeky n handsome! But Dino always kena bullied leh...

I so crazy over dogs n Dino has many frens here too! U must come by ok?

If there is a chance i will, but be pre-empt you first, bb will be very excited and he will run and jump around. Also, he will be super friendly, some dogs are very afraid of him in the sense not that he will growl at them, but overly friendly. I'm just afraid Dino will be too shocked as bb moves really fast and a bit clumsy sometimes. Just cite one example, there is once, my friend brought her daschund to meet BB at the park, and it was at night. And BB moves too fast and i think he didn't see my friend's dog as my friend's daschund is black and quite short. So from a distance, BB came running towards us, and my friend's dog is actually between bb and us. So BB knock against my friend's dog, and her dog rolled 2 rounds, but all is fine as they were on the grass patch. The funny thing is, my friend's dog gave a cute expression of "what's going on?". At then, BB also gave an expression of "oppss..". And they made us laughing non stop.

If there is a chance i will, but be pre-empt you first, bb will be very excited and he will run and jump around. Also, he will be super friendly, some dogs are very afraid of him in the sense not that he will growl at them, but overly friendly. I'm just afraid Dino will be too shocked as bb moves really fast and a bit clumsy sometimes. Just cite one example, there is once, my friend brought her daschund to meet BB at the park, and it was at night. And BB moves too fast and i think he didn't see my friend's dog as my friend's daschund is black and quite short. So from a distance, BB came running towards us, and my friend's dog is actually between bb and us. So BB knock against my friend's dog, and her dog rolled 2 rounds, but all is fine as they were on the grass patch. The funny thing is, my friend's dog gave a cute expression of "what's going on?". At then, BB also gave an expression of "oppss..". And they made us laughing non stop.

I know n I understand! Dino also met several dogs who r much younger than him here. Dino always Siam Siam them...lol..Where u stay? I am around 22X series...We should organize some dog gathering...Dino does have many frens...

I know n I understand! Dino also met several dogs who r much younger than him here. Dino always Siam Siam them...lol..Where u stay? I am around 22X series...We should organize some dog gathering...Dino does have many frens...

haha.. poor Dino always have to siam his junior. He must be thinking, "what's with all these junior, always almost knock unto me.. Luckily i'm agile enough..". i'm staying at 20X series.. Sure, if you do have a dog gathering let me know.. :)

Oh.. Finally, HDB has approved on hacking of our internal wall! Our house has to stop work for 3 days due to this pending approval, as there is nothing to be done since this wall has not come down yet. Just hoped that tomorrow or next week, work will continue as usual. I can't wait for this whole reno to be over, as i'm someone who loses interest quite fast.

approval.jpg

Finally, after the long wait the wall to open another kitchen entrance is down. And the room partition wall is down too. Actually i wanted to do a glass wall, but it will blow off our budget further. So, we will do a hollow block solid wall, which is a lot better since in future that will be our kid's room.

On the left the partition wall down, and right the kitchen wall.

DSCF1255.jpg

Another kitchen entrance.

DSCF1253.jpg

Think tomorrow they will build up the hollow block wall for the room. And we will meet my contractor on sunday.. Also to buy wc, and ask hb to order all the taps etc, since next week plumber will come. :)

Updates for today.

On the left, the hollow block wall up.

DSCF1330-1.jpg

Door frame up too.

DSCF1317.jpg

All wall tiles are up.

DSCF1324-1.jpg

the cabinet base and floor and wall tiles are up too.

DSCF1320.jpg

The only thing which is wrong is the hacking, they should hack the door size entrance and not that big of the entrance. So i immediately called alan and told him. So he will get the hollow blocks and cover up to the kitchen cabinet. Actually, if it is open concept, it will be nice, but i do not want to regret in future. So, i'll be a little conservative.

DSCF1316.jpg

And on sunday, went back to Poh Seng and bought our WC after knowing the size. Since, we bought our hob and hood and basin from them. And the other time round the boss really gives very good discount. When we went back the boss still remembered us, and it happened that there are many people in the shop. So, we bought Arino Caprio at a not bad price, which was quoted by the boss. The boss gave us quite a bit of discount. And bought bidet spray with valve as well, since hb's supplier do not have the bidet spray which i liked.

I liked Arino Caprio due to the curve below the seat, i hate the dent in curve for WC. As i hate to wash WC, so lesser curve and dent will make cleaning a lot easier for me. In case, the WC in charge, my hb not free to clean. As we had agreement, WC his job. I clean the rest of the area in bathroom. If hb not free, no choice I have to do the job, so lesser lines easier for me to clean.. So, we bought 2, one in common and another in MBR bathroom.

arinocaprio.jpg

And on sunday night, asked hb to order a lot of bathroom accessories from his supplier. Includes basin. Below are just a few item. There are too many items, like glass shelves, towel rack etc.. Besides i'm lazy to post.

the basin bottom trap, top left hand corner, for MBR bath. And top right hand corner for common bath.

BasinBottomTrap.jpg

And this for common bath hand shower mixer.

CommonBathmixer.jpg

Hand shower set, for this i was thinking to get the 8" or this. In the end, thought that 8" is too big for hand shower.

CommonHandShowerSet.jpg

Edited by MingzhuAng

Common bath room basin tap, it has similar design with the shower mixer.

Commontap.jpg

Kitchen sink pull out tap.

Kitchensinktap.jpg

MBR bathroom basin tap, for MBR basin, we are going for glass bowl. Hb like glass bowl, so i'll give in for this then.

MBRtap.jpg

Last wednesday, we had our WC delivered as well as all the sanitary product and our hob and hood. Although, its not time to install sanitary product but we thought it is good to have them there first, placed in storeroom. So anytime they need to install they may proceed.

The WC and sanitary items for MBR bathroom.

DSCF1350.jpg

And sanitary item for common bath.

DSCF1347.jpg

The WC for common which we asked to shift it near to the bathroom entrance.

DSCF1344.jpg

On wed while waiting for the WC and stuff to arrive, i realized they did a nice piece of tile to cover up the kitchen drainage hole. I prefer it like this, as i'm very afraid of cockroaches that might climb up from there or hide in there.

DSCF1314.jpg

And today went, the WC are installed. This is for the common.

DSCF1364.jpg

And this for the MBR bath with WC.

DSCF1359.jpg

Lastly, the marble tiles came for all the rooms and placed in each room.

DSCF1356.jpg

Edited by MingzhuAng

On wed while waiting for the WC and stuff to arrive, i realized they did a nice piece of tile to cover up the kitchen drainage hole. I prefer it like this, as i'm very afraid of cockroaches that might climb up from there or hide in there.

DSCF1314.jpg

MingzhuAng,

We had a similar one too which caught me by the surprise. Contractors nowadays are catching up with time, gone are the days with those old fashion drainage hole! :good:

Like your bathroom wall tiles. Looking good! :)

Hi, I saw 2 silicone sealant over there... may I knw the brands n if they r anti fungal?

Hi angelbutterfly,

Oh! You have super good eye sight! The things are so messy and you can see it.

yeah, my mother in law asked my hb to give the contractor the silicone tubes. As she mentioned they are really good ones compared to those normal ones and slightly more expensive. Since, they are in the hardware business, so i guess they should know which is good or bad.

They are anti mold and mildew, but not fungal, as mold and mildew is just subset of fungal. Fungal comes in many subset. And my mother in law and hb emphasize that it has 25 years guarantee, a bit over exaggerated but since they dare to put it, it should be then.

The brand is Fuller, 770. When we gave to contractor, he knows the brand too. So i guess, it is pretty popular.

DSCF1371.jpg

MingzhuAng,

We had a similar one too which caught me by the surprise. Contractors nowadays are catching up with time, gone are the days with those old fashion drainage hole! :good:

Like your bathroom wall tiles. Looking good! :)

Hi Dreaming,

Yeah! :good: i was surprised too, when i saw the drainage hole was covered and it is removable. And was happy that they did it. As my parent's place doesn't have it, and sometimes the irritating cockroaches hides in there, which makes my hair stands when i walk pass the drainage hole. I'm just afraid that they might climb out while i walk pass. These days we have less cockroaches, as my dog will chase them away when he sees them.

Thanks for your compliment on the bathroom tiles. :D

Edited by MingzhuAng

Tks MingzhuAng!

I was thinking if I should buy windmill silicone 168 or yours? How much is it huh? Which is better?

I told hubby TAT we must buy but he dun thought the contractor should provide! Lol... I not taking chance but gg to buy instead!