A Place Of Our Own.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Updates:

Painting has started.

Painting for the main wooden door

DSCF1611.jpg

DSCF1612.jpg

DSCF1615.jpg

Its sunday and the workers are doing painting work as well.

DSCF1616.jpg

DSCF1617.jpg

We choose cream color the walls of the whole house. And only 2 area with darker tone that is earth tone.

Edited by MingzhuAng

DSCF1618.jpg

DSCF1621.jpg

And today met up with contractor and carpenter to choose laminates.

I actually decided to use a combination of Sandstone and antique white for my shoe cabinet. Now, i'm have second thoughts of having sandstone but with Champagne. Any suggestions?

IMG-20111127-00127.jpg

And for kitchen cabinet, for the bottom cabinet. Light Urban teak.

IMG-20111127-00128.jpg

Top kitchen cabinet. It will be color near to ivoor gem. Forgot to take pic of the actual one that i choose.

IMG-20111127-00130.jpg

Kitchen counter top surface will be having black galaxy granite. My contractor's car is his mobile storage. He has all the samples in his car booth.

We're going to have a counter top table at our living area, that will serve as our dinning table for the time being as there are just the 2 or us. For the counter top table, we will use solid surface rather then black galaxy. It will be cream galaxy, i have no idea why did i kept remember vanilla as my choice. Perhaps, that's my choice but due to the vote of 2(hb and mum) against 1. I took cream galaxy. :dunno:

IMG-20111127-00134.jpg

And for my MBR vanity solid surface, i choose garlic, which goes with my wall tiles.

IMG-20111127-00132.jpg

Did u choose to use glossy laminates for kitchen cabinet or those matt kind?

We choose the glossy one. As hubby likes glossy surface a lot more. And since our kitchen will be a little dark, so we decided on glossy surface. :D

Any cons on this?

We engaged Imperial Distributors for our air con installation and purchases. Of course, i liaise with Aron for this purchase to happen. So today is the installation of pipes. I can say i'm pretty satisfied, but just a little unhappy that my hb gave the wrong instruction. So, these few days i'm going to decide if i should call aron to adjust that part.

Living room aircon piping and realized this wall was painted and i really liked this color.

DSCF1622.jpg

Anf i happened to see that the marble polishing machines came. As my contractor mentioned that polishing will happen this week.

DSCF1623.jpg

Study room aircon piping.

DSCF1624.jpg

And the next room's aircon piping. For this there's no choice but to see the trunking.

DSCF1625.jpg

And in the MBR toilet aircon trunking. This is the part i'm not happy with, i have told hb many times that we are NOT having carpentry in the toilets. After seeing in, i'm flaming with fire, cause i need to work and not free and i have told him no carpentry in toilet many many many times. And i have no idea if he has 16mb of memory space in his brain or what. Really angry lo.. :curse:

And so he told the guy to give some space for carpentry instead of aligned to the left. Now i'm going to decide if i should call Aron and ask if his staff could make the change. Then again, i'm afraid there might be holes on my wall tiles. In dilemma..

DSCF1630.jpg

Oh.. And this is the earth tone colored wall.

DSCF1629.jpg

And the marble floor has one layer of white powdery stuff. not sure what it is, but i guess it's to prepare the floor for polishing.

DSCF1631.jpg

And these are the lighting fixtures. According to contractor, light installation will happen this week or next.

DSCF1610.jpg

Edited by MingzhuAng

You worked with Alan from Aian Furniture right? How do you feel working with him on the renovation process? Are there any cock ups?