Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MingzhuAng

A Place Of Our Own.

Tks MingzhuAng!

I was thinking if I should buy windmill silicone 168 or yours? How much is it huh? Which is better?

I told hubby TAT we must buy but he dun thought the contractor should provide! Lol... I not taking chance but gg to buy instead!

np! erm, let me ask my hb, see he knows which is better. Since their business is in hardware trade.

The price for fuller 770 brand, i'm not sure, as we got it for free, since its from hb's shop.. keke.. Else, maybe mother in law paid for it, since will incur cost price also.. I'll let you know later, as hb busy in shop at the moment, he say he will let me know later.

Should buy silicone sealant, cos those which is provided by contractors are normal ones, not very good ones. Maybe will peel off very soon depending on usage. That is what my mother in law told us. And my hb feel so too..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow..thanks for sharing. I think i might have to ask the contractor if they provide this in future.

BTW if get the sealant from you MIL got special discount?? hehe. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by IPineapple

Tks MingzhuAng!

I was thinking if I should buy windmill silicone 168 or yours? How much is it huh? Which is better?

I told hubby TAT we must buy but he dun thought the contractor should provide! Lol... I not taking chance but gg to buy instead!

Hi angelbutterfly,

My hb helped to ask their supplier already. Supplier mentioned that Fuller 770 is better, as it is anti mould and mildew, and price difference is $1 only. Fuller 770 is $7. I think if you buy else where should be around that price too, should not differ too much.

Wow..thanks for sharing. I think i might have to ask the contractor if they provide this in future.

BTW if get the sealant from you MIL got special discount?? hehe. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi IPineapple,

haha.. for this depends on quantity.. :D I think from my mother in law shop should be much more cheaper compared to home fix shop etc, due to location, as their business are more towards industrial business. If you need taps etc, they have it too, but no display set, buy many items from them should have discount.

Edited by MingzhuAng

No reno update today, as i'm going to bathe my dearest huggy furkid. And i'm really lazy to to get out of the house today, so i got my hb to buy coffee and afternoon snacks for the workers today. Initially, hb is against the idea, as he felt not necessary. For me, i felt we have to do it for a number of reason:

1. check progress

2. treat them nicer, they will do my house properly especially tiling portion

3. they can reconfirm what i wanted to do before proceeding and more time efficient

4. anything that is done wrongly, it is in time to rectify rather then everything is done, rectification may be too late. Or it may cause underlying problems.

For buying snacks for the workers, i learned from my dad, when my dad's house which we stayed for 11 years is under going renovation, my dad did that everyday for the workers. And the result did reflect back, the workmanship is good and at handover we have nothing to rectify. Imo, this look some sort like bribing them. haha.. Just don't care, so long everything goes smoothly. Actually, same thing applies in workforce. You see, when my superior needs us to work OT, he will fork out his own pocket money to buy us meals. So, we will do it willingly and complete it on time and in better quality. And my dearest hb never learn such things, as he is not working for other people, he works for his dad only. So i guess in this area he has no experience. I always believe in listening to elder's advises with their experience, no harm trying. As the saying goes, 不听老人言,吃亏在眼前。 Well, they may not be right every time, as the time goes different working method and attitude, but no harm trying, if doesn't work i will not do it again. And buying them snacks everyday is not that costly. Imo, renovation and construction is a line that still sticks pretty much on traditional working attitude and method. So based on my dad's experience in construction, buying some goodies for the workers still works. And i also always believe, if you treat others well, other people will treat you well too. 将心比心。

So far, every time we buy them snacks they are happy and they always reconfirm things with me too. I'm happy with their work, they are happy to have snacks too. Its a win win situation. At times, i have no time to buy snacks, i will get hb to do it since he works for his dad, his time is quite flexible, but i prefer to go personally. As hb do not know my design plan and he will always call to ask.

Sorry for the above ranting, was a little angry with my hb for not understanding the reason of buying snacks for the worker even i have explained to him. Nonetheless, he still does it as the other day he sms me not to do it everyday, just do it every other day, and i ignored his sms. And i guess he got a bit frantic that i got angry and rushed down to our new house, as he knows i will be there.

Side track a bit, just few pic of my precious furrykid, i feel like hugging him whenever i'm out. He is a joy to my parents, as he is quite mischievous and he has some cute reaction to new things. Like my dad bought few small fishes for the tank which we placed on the floor, and when my furkid saw. He licked the tank at the spot where the small fishes are at, and scratched the tank where the small fishes were. And it brought lots of laughter to us. And my mum say, maybe those fishes looks like the small fishes which i bought for him as treats.

My mum also commented to my dad that he will miss my furkid when hb and i moved to our new place. As my dad is my furkid's best friend, he always played with him. When my dad wakes up in the middle of the night to watch tv, my furkid will sit with him.

We named him BB, as he is always curious, and whatever we do, he wants to take part, or else he will be sitting beside us and look at what we are doing. So we always call him busybody, in short bb.

BB's 1st birthday

IMG-20110320-00011.jpg

My bro bought him a tie

IMG-20110511-00185.jpg

when he is lazy to jump up the bed, he is waiting for me to carry him up

IMG-20110518-00210.jpg

the sleepy bb

IMG-20110715-00386.jpg

A Japanese Spitz !!!

haha I am going to get one next time =) my all time most fav breed of dog sport-smiley-018.gif

A Japanese Spitz !!!

haha I am going to get one next time =) my all time most fav breed of dog sport-smiley-018.gif

Ya.. they are cute, but quite mischievous, active and playful actually. And a little more barkish then other dog. These aspect will have to train them. Before, you get the dog understand their behavior and character would be good, so to manage your expectation. This is my second dog, first dog is Japanese Spitz mixed with Pomeranian, so my that dog looks like a brown color Japanese Spitz, or some look at it like a big sized Pomeranian.

Ya.. they are cute, but quite mischievous, active and playful actually. And a little more barkish then other dog. These aspect will have to train them. Before, you get the dog understand their behavior and character would be good, so to manage your expectation. This is my second dog, first dog is Japanese Spitz mixed with Pomeranian, so my that dog looks like a brown color Japanese Spitz, or some look at it like a big sized Pomeranian.

lol

I have seen Pom X JS.

I prefer pure breed. =p

Ya JS can be barkish. need to train them from young. they are a healthy breed of dog with almost no health problems in their history of this breed, only problem is their joint and constant tear stains.

lol

I have seen Pom X JS.

I prefer pure breed. =p

Ya JS can be barkish. need to train them from young. they are a healthy breed of dog with almost no health problems in their history of this breed, only problem is their joint and constant tear stains.

Ya, pure breed will be whitish only, the hard part is to maintain the whitish, if not will turn yellowish. My previous one was adopted, since it is cross, many people gave him the attention, as he looks outstanding from the rest of the Japanese Spitz.

Ya, for their joints can give them food to supplement for the lack of the substance in their joints. For tear staining, as long you feed them with boil water instead of tap water, and clean their eyes area daily, it should solve the problem. I cleaned for my dog twice daily, when we finished our walk.

I can say Japanese Spitz are a very clever breed, i think that is why they are very playful and mischievous, plus they are eager to learn new tricks and to please their owner. It makes them a fun, cuddly and cute breed.

Earlier after meeting my friends to discuss her wedding stuff for gate crashing, went to new house to look at the progress.

And happy to see that they had laid the base for the living room and bedrooms, and ready to lay marble tiles soon. :good:

IMG-20110927-00873.jpg

DSCF1385.jpg

DSCF1387.jpg

DSCF1386.jpg

And saw on one of the wall pasted this piece of paper, that the marble tiles has numbering, as we had it dry laid. So to minimize a little on the color running tone.

IMG-20110927-00877.jpg

Edited by MingzhuAng

And met up with one of our friend whose family business does importing and exporting of items. And I remembered he told us that he brought in biometric door lock. So asked hb to get from him. Brand is Virdi, but we have a problem that is finding someone to install for us. Anyone has any recommendation of locksmith to install this digital lock for us? We needed someone who can do the job, if he is good, my friend may consider recommending his clients who bought the digital lock. As my friend has many client interested in the door lock, but due to no installer, they prefer not to buy it.

DSCF1383.jpg

Edited by MingzhuAng

Yeah, so next time can go for Japanese Spitz gathering too.

yup there is a JS community whereby constantly have gathering of all JS owners =)

Ya, pure breed will be whitish only, the hard part is to maintain the whitish, if not will turn yellowish. My previous one was adopted, since it is cross, many people gave him the attention, as he looks outstanding from the rest of the Japanese Spitz.

Ya, for their joints can give them food to supplement for the lack of the substance in their joints. For tear staining, as long you feed them with boil water instead of tap water, and clean their eyes area daily, it should solve the problem. I cleaned for my dog twice daily, when we finished our walk.

I can say Japanese Spitz are a very clever breed, i think that is why they are very playful and mischievous, plus they are eager to learn new tricks and to please their owner. It makes them a fun, cuddly and cute breed.

Wah...When I thought I am li hai...u more expert than me! I gonna try boil water for him fr now on...

Hope Danner can help u with the lock cos I dunno him at all. U nego pricing wif him..Hubby's company uses him for all the lock installation though...

Wah...When I thought I am li hai...u more expert than me! I gonna try boil water for him fr now on...

Hope Danner can help u with the lock cos I dunno him at all. U nego pricing wif him..Hubby's company uses him for all the lock installation though...

haha.. no la.. someone taught me, because at then my dog has a lot of tear stain everyday. After i tried boiled water to feed him, he has a lot lesser. Still have but not so much, before that every morning when i see him, he has long tear stain and its those wet type. Now most of the time its dried ones.

Sure, thanks for your contact! i will nego with him and see how it is, we need to change the letter box lock too, as the lock are very loose currently.

Edited by MingzhuAng

Went down to the new house for new progress in the afternoon. And the living area is more then half way done.

DSCF1440.jpg

And went down at night to check in something, and it is already near the balcony and a little onto the passage way to bedrooms.

DSCF1443.jpg

And stacks of white cement.

DSCF1439.jpg