Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ejszaka

My City Haven

P1010468.jpg

TV console. Or shall I say what's about to become a TV console.

P1010466.jpg

This should be the laminate for the TV 'wall'.

P1010464.jpg

More barang barang waiting to be assembled.

P1010460.jpg

Another view of the kitchen cabinets.

Tomorrow afternoon, the electricians return to install some switches and power sockets. As the contractors continue to work on my home, I continue to worry about damage to my flooring.

Edited by ejszaka

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wahh ur place like they do super fast.. from nothing to so many things. hehehee.

Cos I am a no nonsense kinda guy, told my ID I'm on a very tight deadline and my deadline is NON-NEGOTIABLE. If I don't move in on XX Oct, his head will roll. There are days when multiple parties will turn up at the flat to do their works, and multiple parties turn up to do measurements. And for each work type, there seems to be a few people working at the same time. E.g. tiling (2 or 3), carpentry (2), electrical (3), plumbing (2), painting ( I dunno cos they did over the weekend). And thank goodness, so far the place is not left idle with no works going on. That brings me back to my point about hiring a slightly more 'gong' ID, so can push and scold without him retaliating me with four-letter words.

Cos I am a no nonsense kinda guy, told my ID I'm on a very tight deadline and my deadline is NON-NEGOTIABLE. If I don't move in on XX Oct, his head will roll. There are days when multiple parties will turn up at the flat to do their works, and multiple parties turn up to do measurements. And for each work type, there seems to be a few people working at the same time. E.g. tiling (2 or 3), carpentry (2), electrical (3), plumbing (2), painting ( I dunno cos they did over the weekend). And thank goodness, so far the place is not left idle with no works going on. That brings me back to my point about hiring a slightly more 'gong' ID, so can push and scold without him retaliating me with four-letter words.

haha i like ur attitude. can't wait for the final product bro!! :)

I like the L shape part (sink and hob), but I wonder how to effectively use the space behind the sink? Anything you put there will block the rubbish chute, right?

I like the L shape part (sink and hob), but I wonder how to effectively use the space behind the sink? Anything you put there will block the rubbish chute, right?

I have a top loading washing machine behind that. The chute is not blocked. Whatever small items that I want to hide, I will probably put it behind that L shape structure (e.g. pails, recycling container, etc). Will update more pics of that area at a later date.

DAY 32

Was told the carpenters weren't going to go up yesterday, but they turned up. No works today instead. Looks like quite a fair bit of work was done. Last bits to finish up on Monday.

P1010469-horz.jpg

All the door frames, wooden doors and metal gate have been replaced.

P1010476-horz.jpg

P1010479-vert.jpg

YES! The electricals are done. Can visit at night liao. Extremely happy with the silver Legrand light switches and power sockets. All hidden within the false walls. Not a cable to be seen, with a few exceptions of course. Kitchen ceilings, toilet ceilings and switches outside the toilet! :curse:

P1010480.jpg

The full height vanity cabinet for my bedroom.

Edited by ejszaka

P1010472.jpg

P1010475.jpg

The tv console and laminate wall is up. Only need to paint it with some sort of finishing. I hope it doesn't change the colour too drastically.

P1010474.jpg

Full height cabinet in the living room.

P1010488.jpg

Bar top with artichoke lamp. The solid top should be installed by early next week.

P1010484.jpg

Kithen cabinets.

Edited by ejszaka

P1010487.jpg

Kitchen again. From the other end.

P1010485.jpg

My Blanco kitchen sink, and vanity sink. Yes... 2 sinks in close proximity... hehehe... anyways....

Edited by ejszaka

yep. getting keys only in end November though.

That's great! Lots of time to plan and flip through magazines for ideas. Remember to create a t-blog so we can follow your reno progress too. Where's your place? 3I, NG, S, A? If not convenient to mention here, PM me.

That's great! Lots of time to plan and flip through magazines for ideas. Remember to create a t-blog so we can follow your reno progress too. Where's your place? 3I, NG, S, A? If not convenient to mention here, PM me.

nothing to hide lar. ;)

it's a 3I at Bukit Merah View. Hopefully, won't spend too much on reno, so no ID. just 'copy' idea from here and there. hehehe

Installation of aircon blowers was done yesterday morning. This is the second visit, as the first was to lay all the piping and trunkings before the wall partitions went up. Although the technician is extremely experienced and really good at what he did, the installation wasn't without incident. To the technician's horror, the partition walls were thicker than what was originally told to him by the ID. I don't know whether it's the ID or the box-up guys who c***-up, but bottom line is, I am not paying a penny more, and between the two of them, they will have to make up the gaping hope the air-con guy sawed.

P1010494.jpg

Hide until swee swee... with the exception of that hole lah, which will be covered up.

P1010492.jpg

Bedroom blower.

P1010491.jpg

Dining area blower.

DAY 36

The carpenters returned to finish up last bits of the carpentry yesterday. The wallpapers are up. So is the Alumix wardrobe.

P1010507.jpg

Wallpaper, artichoke lamp and bartop. The solid top for the table will be installed tomorrow. Can't wait.

P1010512.jpg

The bedroom wallpaper is also up.

P1010509.jpg

Alumix pole system wardrobe. I find the doors a tad plain, and the choice of colours available very limited. What to do, not that many pole systems available in Singapore.

Edited by ejszaka