Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ejszaka

My City Haven

P1010331.jpg

The bigger scheme of things. Cement has been laid throughout in preparation for floor tiles. Also need to construct blocks of support structures for suspended kitchen cabinets. I am pleasantly surprised the new dustbin chute came to fast. Notice certain parts of the wall are not done yet, cos the new casement windows are not in yet.

P1010338.jpg

Shi fu at work. Waiting for the 2 unslightly pipes to be boxed up before he can continue to tile the entrance into the WC on the right. In the meantime, the flooring has been prepared for tiling.

P1010340.jpg

All edges of hacked walls have been covered with these metal structures to prevent 'fraying'? Plastering man also started his work.

Edited by ejszaka

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

laminatelookaliketile.jpg

This looks like a piece of wooden laminate, but it's not. Made my ID source for a tiles (yes, they are tiles) that match my wooden floor laminates as closely as possible. To be used for the main door at the entrance - the edge where my home flooring drops 90 degrees to the outside world. ID suggested using the kitchen tiles, and I said **** NO!!!

veneerdoor.jpg

Chose my veneer door design. Hmmm.. the colour from the scan turned out a bit different from the actual thing.

blinds_room.jpg

Also chose the designs for my roller blinds. Forgot to snap the one for the living room... this one's for my bedroom... iPhone camera cannot make it, so doesn't really show the actual colour. The lighting in the shop doesn't help.

The layout and configuration of storage spaces and cabinets have just been finalised. Took quite a while planning for them as I had to ensure it's enough to store everything I have, and fits my lifestyle, right down to the partition heights, number of drawers, width of each column, etc.

bedroomdresser-vert.jpg

A shallow cabinet in the bedroom to stow my hair-dryer, hang worn or night clothes that can be re-worn and a treasure trove of vanity items and toiletries.

livigroomstorage-vert.jpg

This fella is like my peudo-storeroom. My files, CDs, knick-knacks, vacuum cleaner, ironing board, gold-bars and shoes will go in there. Enough for 40 pairs of shoes. Did I say gold-bars??!!?? :lol:

Edited by ejszaka

Does anyone have any suggestion where I can get nice number plates for my main door? For all the fretting over the reno, I totally forgot I have to display my door number. Should I get those acrylic ones that are nicely printed on? Or those individual number type? Suggestions and advice please??

hI ejszaka, saw this Modern look number plates from another forum. like it very much, hope she is dont mind i share the photo.

www.mbossed.com

photooo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hI ejszaka, saw this Modern look number plates from another forum. like it very much, hope she is dont mind i share the photo.

www.mbossed.com

photooo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks for the info Y&J. very nice indeed.

hi ejzaka, your reno progress looks good! like ya toliet tiles! esp the spotted one for the feature wall. cant wait to see your finished flat!

Cheers!

Thanks, MeRfMeRf! Was worried at first cos it's so dark, but the ID assured me it's only one wall, so don't have to worry. Phew!

Actually it's 2 walls.. one behind the WC, but part of it is a casement window.

Edited by ejszaka

DAY 14

Today is windows day. Looks like a simple affair for the workers. 2 men, less than 2 hours and they were done with replacing every single window at my place.

P1010376.jpg

Kitchen is done. Now the tiler can finish up the areas around the windows.

P1010370.jpg

Toilet and bathroom windows also done. Replaced the louvers with frosted casement windows.

P1010371.jpg

The living room. All clear, with no window grills.

P1010366.jpg

Window man at work.

P1010356.jpg

Glad to see all the beams, pillars and ceilings nicely plastered.

P1010373.jpg

Specially chosen tiles to match the laminated wood strips in the living room. This is the main door. Thank goodness I didn't go easy on the ID and just used the black kitchen tiles.

Also went through all the measurements for my kitchen, hall and room cabinets with the carpenter. *sigh of relief*

CityGas will come by to re-run the entry point for my gas pipes. They will go up up and away into the full height living room cabinets, and be hidden away for good.

Edited by ejszaka

wahh a few days never check out yr thread, like a lot of things changed liao.

looking at ur windows, make me ponder on the biggest dilemma of the my house reno again.

dunnoe wanna change to white coated window or stick to my current bronze ones.

how much were u quoted to change the windows for the whole house bro? can PM me? tx!

wahh a few days never check out yr thread, like a lot of things changed liao.

looking at ur windows, make me ponder on the biggest dilemma of the my house reno again.

dunnoe wanna change to white coated window or stick to my current bronze ones.

how much were u quoted to change the windows for the whole house bro? can PM me? tx!

Haha. Ya lah. I am very thankful the tiler is very good. Works fast, and the tiling came out very nicely. Everyday go up to bribe him with drinks, lunch and cakes leh. Was told that's the most laborious and time consuming part. After that it is areeba areeba, undalay undalay. Also, my ID super stressed out by me lah, as far as timeline is concerned.

I think whether u choose white or bronze ones depends very much on your design and colour scheme. It has to complement your ID. I looked at my opposite neighbour's windows and wonder whether I should go all dark tinted for more privacy and finally decided I prefer lots of light to flood the whole house. So I went for the non-tinted windows.

Hey, bro, you migrated all your pics ha... all not displaying liao leh, on your thread.

Edited by ejszaka

Bro, im also contemplating to install tinted windows or not, coze my unit itself has very low light source due to the design of the block. but yours being high floor still not so bad, low floor like mine have tints would be good for more privacy. sian, dunno how to choose.

Bro, im also contemplating to install tinted windows or not, coze my unit itself has very low light source due to the design of the block. but yours being high floor still not so bad, low floor like mine have tints would be good for more privacy. sian, dunno how to choose.

I feel that privacy is impt esp when mine is a corridor unit. People walking past somehow is tempted to peep in to see what is inside. This can be quite disturbing. At the same time, I do not want to block out all the light. Hence, I decided on using frosted window film (cheaper than frosted glass) and block out light partially maybe 50%?

My 2 cents worth... .. :)