Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ejszaka

My City Haven

I am getting Alumix. No idea how good the quality is. I just know they have very limited laminates and materials available.... unlike SLIDEROBES (http://www.sliderobes.com/sliding-wardrobes.aspx). A bit disappointed that I have to change my design to suit their lack of choices for the doors.

Alumix is more or less modular and customisable. You just need to create the space required (or rather, the space you have), and buy the parts to suit your needs. e.g. number of poles, the shelves, the number of hanger bars, the LED lights, the drawers. Choose the door design and finishing, the laminate colour for the internal carcass, etc.

Cool! Thanks for sharing the infor. We have more suppliers to compare now. Just a quick qn, Sliderobes doesn't seems to have a singapore office from their website, do they?

We plan to get our pole system from IKEA all along because we didn't know many other suppliers that are not charging at higher price.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Cool! Thanks for sharing the infor. We have more suppliers to compare now. Just a quick qn, Sliderobes doesn't seems to have a singapore office from their website, do they?

We plan to get our pole system from IKEA all along because we didn't know many other suppliers that are not charging at higher price.

During my renovation, my ID did mention about another company - Ximula. Strangely, if you are to reverse this word, it becomes Alumix. You might want to do comparison with this store too.

During my renovation, my ID did mention about another company - Ximula. Strangely, if you are to reverse this word, it becomes Alumix. You might want to do comparison with this store too.

Ximula and Alumix are under the same parent company, or distributing agent. I was at their showroom in Toa Payoh, and they carry both. Different product ranges. A friend of mine also did the pole system but opted for OPSH. I think it's slightly less expensive. I don't think Sliderobes is avail in Sg. I simply drool at some of the wardrobe doors, and when I ask Alumix for what they have... they are seriously limited. What to do? Beggars can't be choosers. If you asked my frank opinion, I wouldn't go for Ikea. Don't know how sturdy it is.

DAY 22

Ceiling works completed. Last bits of plastering to the walls and ceilings to be done. The tiler also completing the tiling for the toilet box-up.

P1010427.jpg

Bedroom entrance.

P1010429.jpg

Bedroom - with pelmat for aircon and fake walls to hide all wires and trunking.

P1010434.jpg

Wires and pipes going into bathroom/WC all nicely boxed and plastered, thank goodness.

Edited by ejszaka

Wow! I see you do ALOT of box-up!

Are they going to paint a layer of the whole house first?

Yup... a lot... it's called AI SWEE MAI MIAH! Hehe. Yes, the whole house will be fully painted before the cabinets, wardrobe, wallpapers go up. Passed the half way mark liao.. and praying for the best.

We r Ar ka Liao! I also got lots of box up too! Stupid **** open net too! My episode is worst than yrs but I gonna win win win! I already shoot letters over Liao...

I realized no matter wat, Reno sure hv some hiccups. Nothing n nobody is perfect de...

nice progress there...

u know what...i called up Opennet too...

They schedule to fit an Fibre yesterday ...

Starhub says: Tomorrow confirmed (waited for 2 months liow)

OpenNet: Okie tomorrow morning come install...

Luckyxxx.Ptd.ltd: Came but fixing the Fibre tray then MIA

This morning call up Lucky company..they say OpenNet never give instruction to install...no job instruction pls call OpenNet

Called OpenNet....n they push the issue to Starhub...

Called Starhub...they push back to OpenNet...n the ball gets rolling up n down..finally...Starhub say i'll come back to u...

Well guys....guess everyone got to face this prob~ ...

Im hopping to see more picture from you bro :sport-smiley-004:

DAY 25

OpenNet turned up today to relocate my termination point after the major c***-up on Monday, when they didn't turn up. Don't know if it's M1 or OpenNet's fault. I wanna put all that behind me now, and just wanna move on. Gave me so much grief as the ceiling guys were on a tight deadline to complete their works. Prepared a rope for the technicians to pull through, but alas, failed! Had to saw tiny holes in my light boxes to enable the laying of the fibre line.

Picture004.jpg

First turning point for the cable... saw 2 holes. :furious:

Picture005.jpg

Second turning point.. at the pillar. :furious: :furious:

Picture006.jpg

Third turning point near my TV partition wall. :furious:

The only saving grace were the two workers from OpenNet, an Indian guy with a bangla worker. Both were extremely helpful, who didn't complain when they got all dirtied by the plaster from all the sawing.

Edited by ejszaka

And success. Everyone was happy.. workers and home owner alike.

Picture008.jpg

The guys took a photo to prove passing the signal test.

Picture007.jpg

The successful relocation of this TP caused me much grief. Good thing it will be concealed within the TV console, and kept away from sight... so I will not be reminded of it.

ONT activation on Monday.

Edited by ejszaka

I think u r right, My contractor also didnt put tiles on those box up areas.

Yo, Dreaming and Potatoes! Now that it is done, I dare to confirm it CAN be done. Swee swee. Upside down also not scared.

P1010436.jpg

Edited by ejszaka

Why did you have to relocate the TP again? Was it really out of place?

For my house, I am planning on just laying cat5e cable which doesn't depend on Opennet to wherever I want (including to bedrooms), with one end next to the existing TP.

Yo, Dreaming and Potatoes! Now that it is done, I dare to confirm it CAN be done. Swee swee. Upside down also not scared.

P1010436.jpg

WOW! Good job to your tiler. Our contractor don't wana do it, we also cannot do anth.. :(