Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ejszaka

My City Haven

DAY 5

Visited the flat with a relative to assess the corrosion for the waste pipe. It was so badly corroded, he blew his top, called up the contractor and scxxxxx him upside down over the phone for even suggesting that it can be salvaged. Final decision... all waste pipes are to be replaced, regardless of price.

P1010250.jpg

P1010255.jpg

Kitchen pipes. Yuck!!

P1010248.jpg

After a discussion with the ID, this is the tiling expert's rough sketch of what masonry structures need to be constructed to accomodate the fridge, washing machine and suspended kitchen cabinets. He is very experienced, I must say, suggesting dimensions and what should and should not be done so that it looks nicer. Kudos! Assured me I will get my gradient in the bathroom and toilet for proper draining of water. Also advised minimal gradients in the kitchen as it will look awful.

P1010264.jpg

Masonry workers busy at work on Saturday morning to prepare the bathroom and toilet for tiling. Poor fellas, had to witness the earlier outburst.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Saw how my neighbour's gas and water piping ran, and also checked with CityGas and the plumbing guys. It's a YES from both parties, that the pipes can be moved just below the beam.

P1010265.jpg

Neighbour's pipes

P1010262.jpg

So mine will be re-positioned this way, and all will be hidden within the full height living room cabinets.

The water pipes for the bathroom, toilet and sink will run right behind the kitchen beam and boxed up.

P1010259.jpg

Boxed-up pipes from previous owner.

P1010261.jpg

After plumbing guy ripped out the existing pipes.

Edited by ejszaka

Lol. See? Told u better to get the pipes changed. Imagine in future they all nicely boxed up, den so badly corroded tt u gotta dismantle the beautifully done up boxings to re-do the pipes...

It is best to change pipes due to corrosion over the years. My ID chose to use stainless steel over copper pipes. Actually, which is better, st steel or copper?

It is best to change pipes due to corrosion over the years. My ID chose to use stainless steel over copper pipes. Actually, which is better, st steel or copper?

Think for water pipes, usually they'll use copper, whereas for those sewage or big pipes, they'll use PVC.

I used to see a lot of copper being used in the good old days. But lately I see a lot of stainless steel. I know copper definitely will not rust, but steel can rust ya? Stainless only! But I suppose stainless steel is silver in colour so easy to blend in for decor purpose. Cannot imagine classy decor being marred by copper brown colour. My wild guess.

Edited by ejszaka

The contractors take a break from all the knocking, nailing, mixing and plastering on Sunday, but the 'work' never ends for a house owner to be. Loads of time is spent discussing with the ID and shopping for household items. Shack shack and more shack is all I can say.

Picked up quite a lot of stuff from Hoe Kee at their Tannery Road main office and came away happy and relieved. :P

toiletbowl.jpg

sink.jpg

They were having a promotion for this one piece toilet bowl and sink set. Bought it at a steal. The tap too.

fixture6.jpg

fixture4.jpg

fixture3.jpg

Accessories too.

Edited by ejszaka

fixture2.jpg

Bidet spray. Decided to get the cheaper in house/joint venture brand cos the Italian and German ones are just too huge and ugly.

fixture1.jpg

2 way water tap. Also a JV Hoe Kee/Taiwan brand.

fixture5.jpg

Hanging knobs for bathroom

blancometra9.jpg

White Blancometra 9 kitchen sink. Added a drainage basket made by Hoe Kee specifically for this design. Also the clone tap which looks like the original German stuff, but at a fraction of the cost.

Edited by ejszaka

Decided to go for the Legrand (Mallia) light and power switches. Lots of colours and gang combinations, but most likely will go with the silver.

legrand_heater.jpg

2-gang light switch and water heater switch.

legrand_doubleSCV.jpg

Cable TV socket and double power socket.

Edited by ejszaka

I used to see a lot of copper being used in the good old days. But lately I see a lot of stainless steel. I know copper definitely will not rush, but steel can rust ya? Stainless only! But I suppose stainless steel is silver in colour so easy to blend in for decor purpose. Cannot imagine classy decor being marred by copper brown colour. My wild guess.

Thx. I think u r right! People choose St steel for aesthetic reason. No wonder my ID choose St steel so it blend easily with my modern design. :)

Edited by potatoes

Decided to go for the Legrand (Mallia) light and power switches. Lots of colours and gang combinations, but most likely will go with the silver.

legrand_heater.jpg

2-gang light switch and water heater switch.

legrand_doubleSCV.jpg

Cable TV socket and double power socket.

Nice silver switches. Mine has the same design except they are white ;)