Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kryeo

2Nd Inspection For Resale Flat Before Keys Collection.

Hi All,

i was advised to have a 2nd inspection ard 2-7 days (provided seller move out liao) before my 2nd appointment.

the 1st inspection was done before my OTP & the seller is required to fix the windows.

i was informed it was done (as required by HDB before the 2nd appt.)

when i called the HDB Tech Officer (HDB branch T.O.). regarding the 2nd inspection before the 2nd appt,

was told the area had not have a 2nd inspection requested by anyone before.:dunno:

:help: has anyone gone through this procedure before...??

pls advise...

Much appreciated...

• Thanks 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The inspection by HDB officer is to check for any illegal reno (before 1st appt).

The inspection before completion(2nd appt), is for you to check if the seller has vacanted & the unit is empty.

Best,

Mark

Hi All,

i was advised to have a 2nd inspection ard 2-7 days (provided seller move out liao) before my 2nd appointment.

the 1st inspection was done before my OTP & the seller is required to fix the windows.

i was informed it was done (as required by HDB before the 2nd appt.)

when i called the HDB Tech Officer (HDB branch T.O.). regarding the 2nd inspection before the 2nd appt,

was told the area had not have a 2nd inspection requested by anyone before.:dunno:

:help: has anyone gone through this procedure before...??

pls advise...

Much appreciated...

The inspection by HDB officer is to check for any illegal reno (before 1st appt).

The inspection before completion(2nd appt), is for you to check if the seller has vacanted & the unit is empty.

Best,

Mark

HI Mark,

do u hv any idea who will be the one calling for the 2nd inspection? seller to call or buyer to make request...?

cos i asked some of my frenz.. most hv not done this before.

thanx

Hi Kryeo,

I be going for my 2nd inspection soon, it's was also advised by HDB officer at our first appointment. My agent asked me to let him know when is a convenient time for me to go and inspect before second appointment. Usually I understand it is best to do it very close to the second appointment to avoid "surprises". I would think the buyer should initiate this, as it's in the buyer's interest to ensure all is in order before making full payment.

Your agent probably will know as well, maybe you can check with him or her :)?

Kryeo,

you can call seller to arrange the 2nd inspection. It is just to ensure Seller is moving out by 2nd appt date.

and No major issue on the house such as "Fixture" is removed. You may request to see the window fix report (retrofitting report) from seller to make sure the window is within HDB spec..... :D

" http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeMaintSafetyReq?OpenDocument#RetrofitReport "

Edited by ek504

Buyer make request, usually the buyer will inspect the day before completion...

but if the seller is moving out earlier you can inspect any day after they move-out.

Best,

Mark

HI Mark,

do u hv any idea who will be the one calling for the 2nd inspection? seller to call or buyer to make request...?

cos i asked some of my frenz.. most hv not done this before.

thanx

Buyer make request, usually the buyer will inspect the day before completion...

but if the seller is moving out earlier you can inspect any day after they move-out.

Best,

Mark

Seller refuse to let me go for 2nd inspection... :curse:

can they reject us from doing so...??

seller mentioned if i wanna collect keys earlier (which we had an "early move-in" agreement) den i can forget abt the 2nd inspection.

i hv promised to fill in an indemnity form for my "mini touch-ups" in the flat upon early collection of keys...

but if i insist on hvg 2nd inspection during the day / before handing me the keys..

den i can shall hv to wait for 2nd appointment den take my keys.

brush me off and say that i can inspect all i like when after 2nd appointment... :bangwall:

Edited by kryeo

seller mentioned if i wanna collect keys earlier (which we had an "early move-in" agreement) den i can forget abt the 2nd inspection.

i hv promised to fill in an indemnity form for my "mini touch-ups" in the flat upon early collection of keys...

but if i insist on hvg 2nd inspection during the day / before handing me the keys..

brush me off and say that i can inspect all i like when after 2nd appointment... :bangwall:

If they reject u for 2nd inspection.

During 2nd appointment, HDB officer will ask you. Have you did your 2nd inspection.

U just tell the HDB officer. NO. They refused to let us do 2nd inspection.

If the HDB officer didn't ask, u also can tell him/her that the seller refused to let u do 2nd inspection.

BTW, do u plan to reno 100% or keep some?

If reno 100%, IMO.. don't need to check.

Check simi.. all u want to whack

If they reject u for 2nd inspection.

During 2nd appointment, HDB officer will ask you. Have you did your 2nd inspection.

U just tell the HDB officer. NO. They refused to let us do 2nd inspection.

If the HDB officer didn't ask, u also can tell him/her that the seller refused to let u do 2nd inspection.

BTW, do u plan to reno 100% or keep some?

If reno 100%, IMO.. don't need to check.

Check simi.. all u want to whack

Hi therat...

Am not doing reno.

as my blk will be gng to poll for upgrading soon

was thinking to do mini reno when the blk is upgrading

in fact i bought it at ORIGINAL condition.

dun hv so much cash on hand now too

juz minor repairs like fixing the spalling ceiling, rewiring & painting

there's a cracked tiled wall above the rubbish chute hopper.

dunno other walls got crack anot but I was asked to write & sign an indemnity form :deal:

stating the seller will not be responsible for any damages to the flat if gng to hand me keys earlier

and will only meet to give me keys after 7pm (on selected days) if i agree on their terms

but they cut off the electricity supply liao & i'm not able to check.

by the time i check its the next day of the date on the indemnity form.

so i cannot tell HDB officer on 2nd appointment on the 2nd inspection...??

i felt so angry & confused now :bangwall:

I didn't do 2nd inspection as my seller request to stay 2 more mth.

My spouse say.. no point checking as they will be still staying there.

SO.. we only try out all keys. include room, main gate, window grill, etc and keep 1 set of this.

When I bought my 1st HDB 10 yrs ago, I also don't remember go down to inspect.

In the 1st place, what do you feel on the seller.

Some time give and take.

If push too hard, resist will be higher

I didn't do 2nd inspection as my seller request to stay 2 more mth.

My spouse say.. no point checking as they will be still staying there.

SO.. we only try out all keys. include room, main gate, window grill, etc and keep 1 set of this.

When I bought my 1st HDB 10 yrs ago, I also don't remember go down to inspect.

In the 1st place, what do you feel on the seller.

Some time give and take.

If push too hard, resist will be higher

I also wish I could give & take...

when OTP everything ok...

early move in, will check repair of ceiling etc etc..

now after 1st appt sign everything no have :curse:

dats is y i'm kinda upset over these issues...

worse is currently, the unit is rented out to "i dunno who"...

went up this mrng for the ceiling issue

saw "fresh" marker drawings on the kitchen cabinets...!!

i'm speechless liao.... :furious:

When we went for inspection during exercise OTP, we look around. Seem ok.

But once they move out. House empty.

We saw sth that we don't see.. b'coz it was cover by their furniture or stuff.

We thought we can keep the room door. In the end, had to change all. B'coz their dau like to do drawing. :bangwall:

They say air con still working. But when we try. WAH PIAN.. noisy. In the end.. had to add budget and change the air con.

We just tell ourselves.. ok. at least they left 4 ceiling fan + 1 wall fan, all working for us.

They also left alot of old tiles behind. So we ask our contractor to change those wall tiles that had hairline crack, using their old tiles. As we didn't change the kitchen wall.

Their heater is working but when I test it out, realize their wiring is not correct. So.. I ask my electrician to re-wire to make it right.

Some of the thing , u will only find when the house is empty.

In normal cases, the inspection is mainly to check that the seller has vacated & emptied the premises before completion.

Since your case isn't normal (early move-in), I feel it does not apply.

In normal cases, the inspection is mainly to check that the seller has vacated & emptied the premises before completion.

Since your case isn't normal (early move-in), I feel it does not apply.

OIC...!! okok...

think mayb i was confused by the HDB Resale Officer.

was told to check if for "additional damages" like cracks etc that i did not see before/during OTP

as it may hv been covered by furniture.

since like u mentioned that it is to only check if they vacated the premises

den i tink dun nid it liao...

:D thanks....!

Hi there,

Just wanted to check if it's normal for seller to request for inspection only AFTER the 2nd appointment (but on the same day). Seller was apparently told by their agent to have inspection after going to HDB. Is this normal?

Will call HDB officer to confirm, but just wanted to be sure. Many thanks for any insight. :)