Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kryeo

2Nd Inspection For Resale Flat Before Keys Collection.

Hi there,

Just wanted to check if it's normal for seller to request for inspection only AFTER the 2nd appointment (but on the same day). Seller was apparently told by their agent to have inspection after going to HDB. Is this normal?

Will call HDB officer to confirm, but just wanted to be sure. Many thanks for any insight. :)

Inspection after 2nd appt(same day)= title, money exchanged hand then inspect?? Have established "what to inspect" in the first place?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Inspection after 2nd appt(same day)= title, money exchanged hand then inspect?? Have established "what to inspect" in the first place?

Yahh.. more or less in that order. HDB officer, during first appt, told us to inspect that it's vacant, that's all.

Does it sound acceptable then if seller asks to inspect only after HDB 2nd appt?

Yahh.. more or less in that order. HDB officer, during first appt, told us to inspect that it's vacant, that's all.

Does it sound acceptable then if seller asks to inspect only after HDB 2nd appt?

Worst for the worst then inspect on morning on the very day of 2nd appointment as 2nd appt always in late afternoon.

Purpose of inspection is to make sure that flat is vacate properly. If an inventory list was done beforehand, it's good to check that those things that r stated in the inventory list r still there. If u decide to hack whole house, then make sure that flat is vacated n rubbish r thrown away only.

Unless with illegal extension, then mostly inspection only on the day of handover.

To be frank, I find that there r still good people who keep to the words and handover the house properly. Only a bunch r unreasonable...

己所不欲勿施于人! 做人应将心比心!

Thanks angelbutterfly.

You are right, 2nd appt is late afternoon. We will be willing to inspect on the morning itself too, but definitely not after signing the papers. Just wanted to make sure the seller's agent is wrong in asking us to inspect only after HDB.

Anyway, spoke to seller's agent again today. We will inspect the day before handover.

I seriously don't know what kind of info the agent feeds the seller. Tsktsk...

Thanks angelbutterfly.

You are right, 2nd appt is late afternoon. We will be willing to inspect on the morning itself too, but definitely not after signing the papers. Just wanted to make sure the seller's agent is wrong in asking us to inspect only after HDB.

Anyway, spoke to seller's agent again today. We will inspect the day before handover.

I seriously don't know what kind of info the agent feeds the seller. Tsktsk...

It's a sad thing that some agents r rather unprofessional n created more misunderstandings between sellers & buyers instead of helping to solve problems.

I personally find it quite alright to hv open discussions with both parties since the deal is sealed. The only difficult part is the pricing negotiation and the paperwork as well as the process. Other than that, I dun find it is necessary to hide things between both parties.

Anyway, dun worry abt yr case. Sometimes, juz discuss with the other party nicely. It might b some miscommunication only. Lastly, buying a home is a happy event so enjoy it!

It's a sad thing that some agents r rather unprofessional n created more misunderstandings between sellers & buyers instead of helping to solve problems.

I personally find it quite alright to hv open discussions with both parties since the deal is sealed. The only difficult part is the pricing negotiation and the paperwork as well as the process. Other than that, I dun find it is necessary to hide things between both parties.

Anyway, dun worry abt yr case. Sometimes, juz discuss with the other party nicely. It might b some miscommunication only. Lastly, buying a home is a happy event so enjoy it!

Y'know, I can't agree with you more. I don't know why some seller/buyer still wish to go through agent even though price and paperwork are all fixed already. At times I find it difficult to communicate with the other party simply because information, as it goes through more third parties, will get lost or have 'extra info' added. And worst still when we don't know what transpired.

Anyway, we are getting our keys next week. Hope the whole process goes smoothly! :)