Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calliecats

My Dream Home - 4 Room In The Central Area

Hi callie,

Love your master bathroom, looks like a hotel bathroom and the glass used. Cool, the glass must be exp right? The design of both your bathrooms are very contrasting. Like the tiles you choose, very classic and elegant. You did not add a door to your shower screen, wouldn't the floor get wet when sowering? Looking foward to more pic. Niceee

Hi Edlyn,

Thanks for your compliments! I used a lot of glass & mirrors (will post more pics soon) for the entire place, it was ok all in less than $4K. You are right about the shower screen. My contractor actually asked me to put another door for the shower area so that the water will not splash out to the dry areas but I thought that would cost more so I decided not to have it. Now a little regret :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi calliecats.. could you pm me where you got the common bathroom sink + vanity cabinet? (or did you custom build the vanity?)

*paiseh* just started reading your thread.. and got interested in ur common bathroom.

hi calliecats.. could you pm me where you got the common bathroom sink + vanity cabinet? (or did you custom build the vanity?)

*paiseh* just started reading your thread.. and got interested in ur common bathroom.

Hi I PM to you already. All the very best for your reno. Where is your place?

Finally managed to find the time to upload more pics on photobucket. Thank you for your patience :thumbs up:

Foyer Before

IMG00726-20110701-1038.jpg

Foyer After

2011-10-01013628.jpg

Household shelter concealed behind tick tack door with mirror panels (when door is open)

2012-04-09142058.jpg

Household shelter concealed behind tick tack door with mirror panels (when door is closed)

2012-04-09142139.jpg

Edited by calliecats

Hi Callie,

Beautiful, are these ideas yours or from your ID/contractor? I thought your contractor trying to cut cost by not providing you with the glass door...hahaha. We all learn from mistakes la. Like your mirror and bomb shelter camouflage, you use any backing, partition/plywood. Your contractor quite honest ya...... seem like you are quite happy with their work. You are very lucky. Looking forward to more photo.

Dear Callie,

Consider myself newbie though I have been following on some forums and blogs for past few months. Love your design and choice of colour matching in both your bathrooms as welll as the mirrors used. Have seen mostly plain ones and hope I can create my dream home like yours too. Will be collecting our key in 6 weeks time in Bedok and planning for a big overhaul on this 30 year old 5 room flat.

How much do you spend all in?

I have read many blogs and it can be scary to get the wrong ID/contractor.

Does your contractor provide you ideas or just do coordination only?

Is he responsive?

Mind to share his contact or website.

Tks a lot

Finally managed to find the time to upload more pics on photobucket. Thank you for your patience :thumbs up:

Foyer Before

IMG00726-20110701-1038.jpg

Foyer After

2011-10-01013628.jpg

Household shelter concealed behind tick tack door with mirror panels (when door is open)

2012-04-09142058.jpg

Household shelter concealed behind tick tack door with mirror panels (when door is closed)

2012-04-09142139.jpg

Hi,

I like the light at the foyer. Can I know where did you get it? Can PM me? Thanks

Hi Callie,

Beautiful, are these ideas yours or from your ID/contractor? I thought your contractor trying to cut cost by not providing you with the glass door...hahaha. We all learn from mistakes la. Like your mirror and bomb shelter camouflage, you use any backing, partition/plywood. Your contractor quite honest ya...... seem like you are quite happy with their work. You are very lucky. Looking forward to more photo.

Hi Edlyn,

Thanks I know I'm quite lucky having read some horror stories from this forum. I used wood backing for all the mirrors as per recommendation by my contractor. I could choose without backing but I'm not sure if the mirror will come off or not after a few years so paid a bit more for backing but its more for peace of mind as I plan to make this my long term home (prob not selling after MOP haha). I'm happy with their work :thumbs up:

Hi,

I like the light at the foyer. Can I know where did you get it? Can PM me? Thanks

Hi Fllai,

I've PM to you. Hope you find something you like. Are you doing reno too? Where's your place? :yamseng:

Dear Callie,

Consider myself newbie though I have been following on some forums and blogs for past few months. Love your design and choice of colour matching in both your bathrooms as welll as the mirrors used. Have seen mostly plain ones and hope I can create my dream home like yours too. Will be collecting our key in 6 weeks time in Bedok and planning for a big overhaul on this 30 year old 5 room flat.

How much do you spend all in?

I have read many blogs and it can be scary to get the wrong ID/contractor.

Does your contractor provide you ideas or just do coordination only?

Is he responsive?

Mind to share his contact or website.

Tks a lot

Hi Ode,

Thanks for your compliments. Many people go for safe white palette so I decided to do something different. Glad you liked it.

I spent a bit less than $50K all in, including plumber & electrician. Mine all concealed so a little more difficult to do. All vendors provided by my contractor.

I would say half the ideas are from me & the other half from my contractor. He acts like a sounding board on whether my ideas are feasible/practical or not. So like the half glass wall for the living & master was his idea (to open up the space). Although there were some small hiccups along the way (like the whole wall came down instead of just half wall, but he offered to reinstate for me subsequently), I would say that overall it has been a pleasant experience. If I were to rate him, I will give him 8.5-9/10. He is very "on" & sometimes will bug me to go buy all the things like sink, hood/hob, accessories etc (a little too much bugging sometimes but maybe also because I was so busy with work during that period to shop). He brought me to some places to buy stuff but since I was quite tied up with work, I could only do most of my shopping on weekends. In terms of site co-ordination, I must say I did minimal due to busy work schedule. So we corresponded mostly by phone or email. I think he went down to monitor almost everyday & sent me pics to update me on the progress.

You can contact him Mr Ed See 97563849 but he told me that he only takes 1 big project at a time so you can try to see if he can do yours or not. He used to do commercial projects but now don't want such a busy life so concentrates on residential instead. Good luck on your reno :yamseng:

Edited by calliecats

Your beautiful house is really like a hotel. Absolutely fabulous.

Hi piknik,

Thank you so much for your compliments! Made my day.

p.s I have been following your blog too