Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
listerine28

4 Rm Flat In Clementi

Was browsing through renotalk alot in preparation for my renovation. Really appreciate all the useful thoughts and information shared in this forum.

Finally got my keys last week and hacking starts today. Have got a really tight timeline to work with! Will share my floor plan and photos real soon. Stay tune!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, you can add the ["IMG"] tag before the link and the ["/IMG"] tag after the link so that the image automatically shows up. (Remove the inverted commas)

Btw, your place is at the newer clementi flats opposite NTUC?

Edited by strikingreality

Hi, you can add the ["IMG"] tag before the link and the ["/IMG"] tag after the link so that the image automatically shows up. (Remove the inverted commas)

Btw, your place is at the newer clementi flats opposite NTUC?

Thanks for your advise and my photos are already showing!! yay!!

No, my flats are the older generation ones located near the polic station. Can't afford those newer flats opposite the old ntuc as they are really costly. bout 650k for 4rm flats there.

First time posting a photo. Hope it works. The floor plan of my flat below:

Floor-Plan.jpg

Hi mitchteo, interesting layout you've got there. Didn't know the older style HDBs had odd shaped toilets, bathrooms and living rooms. Based on your floor plan, which is your dining area and which is your TV area?

Can't wait to see your reno.

Hi mitchteo, interesting layout you've got there. Didn't know the older style HDBs had odd shaped toilets, bathrooms and living rooms. Based on your floor plan, which is your dining area and which is your TV area?

Can't wait to see your reno.

Its one of the rare units that has odd shape rooms due to the whole structure of the flat. My unit is located at the point where the flat tilts, hence the slanted walls on one side. Its quite a challenge to decide on where to place my furniture though, especially the toilets where I have to allocate the shower areas and sink to maximise usage of space.

I have decide to allocate the dining area in the kitchen as the kitchen is really huge, this will free up alot of space in the living area. This decision was made after much deliberation since my family has the habit of watching TV while having dinner. The TV area will be the wall that is directly opposite the main door. Will upload my plans of the furniture placement soon!

Have already selected the tiles for the kitchen, toilets and living room. The bedrooms will be in laminate.

1. Grey tiles for the kitchen - wanted to have cement screed for the floor but was advise not to due to hairline cracks that are inevitable. Also, cement screed floors tend to be very slippery when its damp or wet.

2. White tiles with thin grey stripes for kitchen and kitchen toilet walls.

3. Slightly cream-whitish tiles for living room.

4. Dark grey tiles with rough stone-like textured tiles for toilet floors.

Tileslabelled.jpg

Edited by mitchteo

Have already selected the tiles for the kitchen, toilets and living room. The bedrooms will be in laminate.

1. Grey tiles for the kitchen - wanted to have cement screed for the floor but was advise not to due to hairline cracks that are inevitable. Also, cement screed floors tend to be very slippery when its damp or wet.

2. White tiles with thin grey stripes for kitchen and kitchen toilet walls.

3. Slightly cream-whitish tiles for living room.

4. Dark grey tiles with rough stone-like textured tiles for toilet floors.

Tileslabelled.jpg

Gorgeous combination. Are you overseeing the whole reno process yourself? Any rough sketches, etc for the end product?

Gorgeous combination. Are you overseeing the whole reno process yourself? Any rough sketches, etc for the end product?

Hi ejszaka, yes I will be overseeing it myself since I didn't engage an ID to do the job. Wanna save on some $$ and got a contractor instead. Not much sketches to show at this point but will be uploading the furniture placement plan soon.

Contractor brought me to Premier Lighting Centre along Geylang Road. The uncle serving us was friendly and provide useful advise on what type of lights are suitable and how many downlights will suffice. Not the kind that will make you buy more than what is enough. Also gave reasonable discounts since he is my contractor's friend. Anyway, my selection below:

lights.jpg

I didn't know near police station there got slanted blocks and blocks with weird shape! Esp since those blocks are rather old!

Anyway, re your furniture placement, are u sure you wanna knock out your storeroom? I think storeroom v important for storing items such as empty luggages, spare chairs and tables etc... although you have storage space, these items may not fit inside the storage cabinets you have around.

Def strongly suggest you keep the storeroom. :)

I didn't know near police station there got slanted blocks and blocks with weird shape! Esp since those blocks are rather old!

Anyway, re your furniture placement, are u sure you wanna knock out your storeroom? I think storeroom v important for storing items such as empty luggages, spare chairs and tables etc... although you have storage space, these items may not fit inside the storage cabinets you have around.

Def strongly suggest you keep the storeroom. :)

Yeah, i think its a raelly rare unit. ALthough initially thought the slanted walls are quite odd, now I kinda feel that its a feature of the house.

WRT the storeroom, we have decided to remove it to have a bigger bedroom. To replace the storage space that is lost, we will be building full height cabinets in the living room and kitchen as indicated. I wish to keep the house really clean and not keep too much junk which might happen if I have a storeroom.